Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Live Chat Agents from Home?

I've been working as a live chat agent for nearly three years now in a call center and I'm wondering if there's any way to do that from home?

just been looking around a little bit today at some ideas

seems like Alpine Access gets mixed reviews . . . . .

how about Working Solutions? What I've read about them so far seems worth a second look, at least, possibly hopeful about learning more about them. does anyone have personal experience working with them?

anyone have other suggestions for me?

my ideal job situation would be inbound, online, live chat only (no phone)

don't much care if it is sales or support, I can do either one, same to me

i don't think i care especially about if i'm an employee or contractor, wherever the money is, that's where i'll go, have been in both roles before, don't mind either of them, really

thanks for any input you may have
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:27 AM
WAHM Regular

I made a thread asking the same thing a week or two ago.

I'm at a loss as to why more companies don't use live chat reps -- as a customer, it seems easier to me to chat with a person online than phoning in for support/sales.

Apparently they are hard to come by online, which is a shame. I still look every so often but I don't come up with much.

Fingers crossed that you find something that fits what you're looking for! Sorry I couldn't provide more, but just thought I'd add in my two cents.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Registered WAHM

Why not asking your boss? A friedn of mine works from home, she did the same stuff like 2 years before in a bureau of a call center. She asked her boss to get access to the online stuff and he said no problem, just finish your stuff on time. Best example is this new pbx system. If there are just virtual and cloud-based systems left, why not working from home?

Last edited by Sephardim; 08-15-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:52 AM
WAHM Regular

With your experience you will have no problem landing a wah customer service job. With so many companies to choose from it's kind of hard to answer your question in a reasonable amount of time.

Yes, Alpine Access gets mixed reviews. Arise is goofy as they charge you monthly fees to work for them. You can check out LiveOps or VIPDesk. There is a great site called GlassDoor.com that gives reviews of these types of companies.

You may also want check out a site call Work at Home Adventures. Its a great resource that provides a list of current job openings, breaks jobs down into categories and also provides firsthand reviews of different types of jobs and companies. Here's the link:

Work at Home Adventures - Home based job reviews, leads and advice

You may also want to just do a Google search like "best home based customer service job" and see what kind of info you get. Places like Kelly Services, Amazon and JC Penney hire homebased customer service people and with your experience they may be really interested in you.

And, as another poster pointed out, you can ask your current boss, if you think they are open it, about the possibility of moving your job home.

Best of luck, hope it works for you!!

Katey
Old 08-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Banned

I see alot of work at home chat jobs on odesk but most of them are only temporary. I used to work with vipdesk and they had chat jobs, not sure what they would have available now.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Registered WAHM

thanks everyone for all the helpful input

I will look into the companies you suggested

the current boss will not allow working from home, bummer for me!

I also have been surprised that it seems so hard to find chat-from-home, it seems like a really good business model to me

thanks again for the pointers in the right directions
Old 08-11-2012, 04:23 PM
WAHM Regular

This company uses telephone customer service representatives AS WELL AS web-based chat agents:
Afni@Home | Afni Careers. They are currently hiring in these states: AL, AZ, CO, FL, IL, KY, TX

Best,
Pamela
Old 08-11-2012, 04:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Actually, I've noticed numerous home based CS companies are turning more toward--or including--chat and e-mail services. It's a great way for companies to weed out some of the long phone calls that could be quickly answered via chat/e-mail. It save a lot of money.
You're right, Karbyn, it's a good business model.
P
Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Default I agree

As a Customer, I could not agree with you more. I would much rather chat with someone than to be on the phone.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Default check your PMs!

At Karbyn Eilde check your PMs on here Please!

This ad will disappear if you login