Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Alpine Access - help with phone and headset

I'm sorry if this is the wrong area to be posting this but I'm beside myself trying to get prepared for training that starts next month. I have no idea what "corded telephone" and "telephone headset with mute" that I need to buy. Does anyone that works at Alpine have any suggestions or information for me? I really don't have the money to be buying the wrong thing but I can't find anywhere that tells me what I need to know. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Super WAHM

Plantronics is my favorite brand for customer service work. Google the Plantronics T10 headset. It is a noise canceling headset, and is a popular choice made by many customer service WAH companies. This is a headset with a mute button and dial pad. It comes as a headset or you can purchase the earpiece if you're like me. A corded phone is simply the opposite of a cordless phone. It is the more traditional phone that you just can't walk all over your home with freely as a cord stems from the receiver to the base. I hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the info!!! I THOUGHT that might be what they meant by corded. Do I understand this correctly that the T10 is the headset AND phone combined? That I then don't need to buy a corded phone? (such a nitwit about all of this, sorry!)
Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsbytootsie
Thanks for the info!!! I THOUGHT that might be what they meant by corded. Do I understand this correctly that the T10 is the headset AND phone combined? That I then don't need to buy a corded phone? (such a nitwit about all of this, sorry!)
The T10 call box is the headset and box only it does not included a corded phone, that may need to be purchased separately if you don't have one laying around the house. Go to google.com and search for a picture of the T10 Plantronics headset.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:49 PM
WAHM Regular

I've worked with alpine before, and unfortunately, those dial pads suggested arent allowed. You have to have a traditional office phone with a 2.5mm headset jack. This is the one I have AT&T - Corded Speakerphone with Digital Answering System - ML17939 ... and it was not easy to find. I went to several stores before finding this one at Best Buy.

As for the headsets, anything 2.5mm jack with noise canceling mic will work. Amazon.com: Plantronics M220 Mobile Headset for Most Phones with Standard 2.5mm Headset Jack - Audiovox, Blackberry, Kyocera, LG, Samsung, Sanyo, Tr?o: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeMom0708 View Post
The T10 call box is the headset and box only it does not included a corded phone, that may need to be purchased separately if you don't have one laying around the house. Go to google.com and search for a picture of the T10 Plantronics headset.
The Plantronics T10 is the phone and a headset, no additional phones necessary. I work with alpine and that is exactly the phone I use, with no problems.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellweaver16

The Plantronics T10 is the phone and a headset, no additional phones necessary. I work with alpine and that is exactly the phone I use, with no problems.
Awesome!!!

This ad will disappear if you login