Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Default How Much Money Can You Make Working From Home?

Hello Everyone!!

Can you realistically make close to a $1000 a week working from home with Arise or any other company? If so where? or what advice can you give?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by db3 View Post
Hello Everyone!!

Can you realistically make close to a $1000 a week working from home with Arise or any other company? If so where? or what advice can you give?

Hi!

We are a Super VSC with Arise and have been since 2004. Honestly 1000 a week is NOT realistic. Most client pays between 9-15HR and to work more then 30 plus hours you will need to have at LEAST 2 clients. So say you work 20 hours making 11HR= 220$ a week. We have lots of agents who work Arise Full time but it's more like 400-600 a week depending on the client. I would be happy to send you some information about our Super VSC

You can email me at mbrown@opendoormultiservices.com

Miranda Brown/Recruiter
Miranda Brown | Open Door Multiservices USA & Canada
Old 01-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Grand WAHM

I also think $1,000 a week is a high expectation, especially initially. But it is possible to make that much online.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello,

I just sent you an email.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Dana - How can you make that much money online? Do you mean through ebay or other selling sites?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 PM
WAHM Addict

I am not sure about jobs.. But if you are wanting to start your own business from home it is possible. You won't make that right away ... But it is possible to build a business to that income level.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db3 View Post
Dana - How can you make that much money online? Do you mean through ebay or other selling sites?
Most people making that much are doing more than one thing at home, such as working a job and making money doing other things.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

You might want to evaluate your problem in reverse. If you're set on making a specific amount from home, in your case minimum $1,000/wk, and you work 40 hours, you'd need to earn $25/hr. If you're interested in traditional "employee-status" jobs, go to a site like glassdoor.com and compare average hourly salary by industry. If there are jobs that you're qualified for and are interested in, do some research to see how plentiful remote positions are in that field. You can always make $25/hr and more (double or triple) doing one or several of various freelance work (writing, graphic design, web design, etc.) If you're interested in employee-status, though, you'll have to narrow down industries that pay $25/hr or more to hit your income target. It's probably not going to happen doing customer service. It's possible with transcription (once experienced) and defiitely possible if you find your own clients and charge them directly.

Also, if you plan or are willing to gain additional qualifications to enter a new industry, keep an eye on the long term. Just because a specific industry or job isn't plentifully available as telecommuting now, doesn't mean that's not going to change ten years from now.

Add: I can understand an unwillingness to spend time($$) pursuing qualifications in a new field. I'd recommend IT for this reason because you have to acquire the skills at a more rapid pace (than other fields) so as to not be outdated before you even begin, so you won't exactly be wasting time while becoming credentialed as you would in other more stagnant fields.

Last edited by wahmt; 01-30-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added Info
Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
wguest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmt View Post
You might want to evaluate your problem in reverse. If you're set on making a specific amount from home, in your case minimum $1,000/wk, and you work 40 hours, you'd need to earn $25/hr.
Not quite. You ignored taxes. Whether you are an employee or self-employed, you will need to make more than $25hr to make $1K a week.

It's not a realistic goal for a beginner at all, IMHO.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:23 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda226 View Post
Hi!

We are a Super VSC with Arise and have been since 2004. Honestly 1000 a week is NOT realistic. Most client pays between 9-15HR and to work more then 30 plus hours you will need to have at LEAST 2 clients. So say you work 20 hours making 11HR= 220$ a week. We have lots of agents who work Arise Full time but it's more like 400-600 a week depending on the client. I would be happy to send you some information about our Super VSC

You can email me at mbrown@opendoormultiservices.com

Miranda Brown/Recruiter
Miranda Brown | Open Door Multiservices USA & Canada
I sent you an email

This ad will disappear if you login