Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Scammer - funny messages

I also got an e-mail from lillian.warren 45. I googled website (she said she is from - Cadila pharmaceuticals Ltd from Tampa, FL) and found out they are located in Indian only. Right away I understood there should be smth fishy, googled her username and came up to these posts. Anyways, decided to talk to her and have some little fun.

Me: I am trying to call you but no response
Me: maybe I can call from my cell phone, I have free calls
lilian.warren45: let do the interview with messenger

Me: I never had interview by messenger
Me: First question, before we start - where are you located in South Florida? I also asked by email but noone replied back
Me: Hello? Are you still here?
lilian.warren45: Yes
Me: I wanted to know where the position would be?
lilian.warren45: Am busy with other people and not only you
Me: Ok, that makes sense
lilian.warren45: Can we proceed now

Me: And where is the address? Because Miami is huge and I wanted to know if I can get to work easy
lilian.warren45: we are search for a location

lilian.warren45: i will update you on all that once we are about to set up the office
What are your full name age sex and where are you located?
Me: I wont give out my full name on messenger (I dont use messengers usually)
Me: You have my name on resume, I also sent it in email yesterday
lilian.warren45: Yes i know all that

lilian.warren45: we need to know you better and thats why we call for the interview here
Me: Can i call from my celll phone, its even more personal (and I have free calls). Then I can give you my name too
lilian.warren45: Hey
lilian.warren45: no time for that
lilian.warren45: i just told you

Me: I dont feel safe to give all my personal info by messenger, on phone is ok
lilian.warren45: Have a great day
Me: Such a scammer and idiot
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Definitely a Scam

This 'position' is definitely a scam. The point of the whole interview is to get you to cash the check that would be sent to you and to forward the money to some other person, at which point you would be left with a fraudulent check cashing charge on your personal account. Some of the red flags which I and others have noticed based on what you posted are as follows-

-There is no job information regarding this type of position on the company website.
-The interviewer does not use correct grammar in several cases.
-They ask you to accept a check and ask if you have a personal bank account, as well as what the name of the bank is that you use.
-The work you would be doing is described very vaguely and they state that you will be trained 'on the job' at a very high starting rate.

These are all very high indicators of a scam. I would also suggest that anytime you do an online interview that you also request a contact phone number to touch base with them verbally as well. Good luck with your future searching!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Oh, yep. Scam, scam, eggs and scam. I've heard this song before. It's got a great beat, and you can dance to it, but i'll give it an 86.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Amy Jacobs Send a message via Yahoo to Amy Jacobs

WOW is all that comes to mind
Seeking Serious Homeworkers We offer Daily pay & Household Benefits. Work PT or FT. No Cold calling. Full Training & Support Provided. Call or text me Amy Jacobs 815-341-2151 www.workwithAmyJacobs.com
Old 05-22-2012, 04:12 PM
WAHM Addict

Another tip-off is that the interviewer asked each time for name in addition to age, sex, or both. It is illegal for an employer to ask for either your age or your sex. Legit employers know this and won't ask those questions.

Blinky :-)
Old 06-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Not funny hope no one falls for this!

Keep in mind I was looking up this scam as we were typing! SAD!

garlockceline: hello
garlockceline: how are you doing....?
great thank you
garlockceline: i am fine thanks
I received an email about an interview
garlockceline: Welcome to the company, i believe that you are here for the job briefing/interview. As we proceed further with the briefing and interview, you will get to know more about the opening position.
okay
garlockceline: I am Ms Celine ,The Hiring manager to the firm GE Healthcare . am here to brief and interview you more about the opening position , Please introduce yourself indicating your location.

Next would be the briefing about the Job and the company. I advise you read with care.

garlockceline: Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when i am through. Let me know when you have finished reading and understanding every line. You will be allowed to ask questions later.With each line just respond with an Okay.

The positions available are Data Entry Clerk,Accounting Clerk,Administrative Assistant,Payroll, Medical biller, Bookkeeper, marketing sales, Bookkeeper, Customer services, which are you applying for.?

garlockceline: The Name of the company is GE Healthcare we are located in ( 3000 North Grandview BoulevardWaukesha, WI ) To know more about the company please visit . You have 5 minutes to go through it .once done do let me know so we can proceed further.

( BRIEFING ABOUT THE COMPANY ) : GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, performance improvement, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping clinicians around the world re-imagine new ways to predict, diagnose, inform and treat disease, so their patients can live their lives to the fullest.
garlockceline: This is strictly an online and work from home job. The working hours are flexible where you could choose to work from anywhere of your choice. The pay is $35 per hour training is $25 per hour. Paycheck would be bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck working 40 to 45 hours weekly, If you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.
okay
garlockceline: Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts .

Working hrs are flexible.All activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet. As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email.
okay
garlockceline: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties or clients from other organisation to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data. Also perform Records keeping, keyboarding/data entry and performing a variety of other office tasks account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software, such as faxing or emailing confidently and positive attitude Online from home.

Can you handle All of these duties effectively?
Yes
garlockceline: The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.
garlockceline: You will undergo a one week training from your training supervisor, He/She will training you on how to work with the programs accurate and other Data entry works you will need to get done.Your training is going to be done online through your PC and PHONE .
okay
garlockceline: You will Earn $35 per hour and training $25 per hourYou will receive your pay via Direct deposit or Paycheck bi weekly.

What's your full name,sex, age, and where are you located ?

garlockceline: Are you currently employed?

How would you describe yourself?
garlockceline:
Do you have a printer,scanner,photocopier and Fax machine ?

Do you have an idea of how to use ms excel?
I have all of these and am proficient in ms excel
garlockceline: What do you understand by the term "Petty Cash" ?

How do you see yourself fitting in as one of the company co-worker?

garlockceline: Do you know your typing speed?

Give me 5 genuine and specific reasons why you should be hired by the company ?
garlockceline: Well...you have done well so far and you seem like a perfect fit for this position

garlockceline: you are welcome
garlockceline: You will be paid Bi weekly !

What mean of payment would you prefer?Direct deposit or paycheck

garlockceline: Ok
garlockceline: Bonuses You will be enrolled for this benefits after a period of 2 months of working with us.We are going to be communicating through Yahoo! Messenger (IM) till after 7days of working with us, after then once we are done updating our website a user and pass to our website will be given to you including an up link to our server. Also after then list of contact phone numbers to various departments will be sent to you including all neccessary forms to fill out.
okay
garlockceline: You will start work ASAP once you get your accounting software's working tool's from the vendor agent . Also your W-2 form will be coming along with your software's . Once you get everything from the vendor agent you are to sign on your W-2 form and have it e-mail to me for confirmation .
okay
garlockceline: You will be needing some accounting software's for this job.

Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with Myob business essentials software 2012, US Patent Single Users Pack simply accounting 2012.
okay
garlockceline: The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with.Therefore you are needed to make purchase for the software programs you need to start working with and the company will have you reimbursed for the order of the software programs.
Really
garlockceline: Yes
garlockceline: You are to make the purchase for the programs the company does not specialized on the software programs you are to get it from the company certified vendor that is the third party to the company she will have them install with disc and shipped to you overnight via FedEx . I will provide you with your ups tracking number ASAP once the vendor drop your package off for shipment . So you can track it yourself and keep your eye on it and know what time you will recieve it.
Has this listing on craigslist been flagged for scam?
garlockceline: How do you mean?
garlockceline: How do you mean?
Ripoff Report | Aetna Company | Complaint Review: 690833
garlockceline: What name of company is there?
There are a ton of them on the web asking the same ?'s you have asked me today
garlockceline: those are people geting the company infos and name to run there fool scam
Correct and asking potential candidates who are having a hard enough time finding a job in todays market to purchase software
Would you mind giving me your GE telephone number and email so that we may discuss by phone
garlockceline:Sure,but the company line are down for now,7388397400 they are working on it as well
okay thank you
garlockceline: you are welcome
garlockceline is typing...
garlockceline: so were do we go from here?
I cannot purchase software for a job that has not paid me
Sorry but without a job I cannot afford it
and 7388397400 there is no area code 738 sorry but you will have to run your scam somewhere else. shame on you for attempting to take advantage of the unemployed and it's hard enough finding a job these days but at least I'm trying to do it honestly you should try it
garlockceline has signed out. (6/12/2012 5:32 PM)

you sick individual what a low life scum of the earth you are!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
WAHM Addict

Scam !! I can't believe they still keep trying this scam
Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered WAHM

I find it interesting how much detail they go into just to make their way to getting someone to deposit a check. Conducting such an extensive interview via instant messenger is certainly a red flag. Companies take measures to secure the privacy of their potential hires and asking for such personal information over an unsecured medium isn't a standard practice.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Super WAHM

If this were not a SCAM someone would have come forward by now and said it worked for them. This is what is so great about the WAHM community.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Caught Ya You Phiser: ]

The funds for the software will be provided for you by the company via check
There will be no legitimate check and you would have already spent the money by the time the check came back to your bank.

This ad will disappear if you login