Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Massive Hiring of Social Security beneficiaries (Work at home) SSDI/SSI clients

Employment Options Inc:

MASSIVE HIRING FOR SSDI/SSI CITIZENS

Seeking 100+ SSDI/SSI Social Security clients for Customer Service/ Tech Support Work-at-Home Positions

Hi everyone!

If you or someone you know is Currently on Social Security Benefits (SSDI or SSI non retirement) and is in desperate need for work, extra income, or thinking of returning to work, please share this information with them!

Employment Options, Inc. is currently recruiting for over 100+ Work from Home Agents for numerous Work-at-Home Employers that we partner with.

We are seeking motivated, hardworking, Social Security disability clients who love to work with people!

We partner nationally with the large and well known Call Center and work from home companies who love to hire our clients because they are hardworking, dedicated, loyal and skilled!

If you are on SSDI or SSI, you can begin the application process by submitting an online pre-qualify form to us at this link: For Job Seekers | My Employment Options
A staff person will be in touch with you in about 4 days after you submit your application.

If you would like to see examples of our Work at Home positions, please follow this link: Work at Home Job Openings | My Employment Options | My Employment Options
(Not every position is listed on the website)

Employment Options, Inc. also provides free job placement services to SSDI/SSI clients who want to work in their community [outside the home]

Come experience the personal touch of Employment Options today!!

I am always here for questions or concerns!

Lori Adler
ladler@myemploymentoptions.com
800-441-3114 ext 763

About the company:Employment Options is a Certified Social Security Administration (SSA) Employment Network for the Ticket-To-Work program. We help beneficiaries on disability insurance (SSDI) and supplemental insurance (SSI) find jobs and provide valuable resources, tools, and support for success.

For employers, we offer quality, pre-screened applicants. Employers can receive up to $2,400 tax credit for 'each' client they hire through Employment Options!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Super WAHM

Just a question. Can one work and receive disability benefits? Is the hiring department only hiring SSI/Disability recepients as a way to ween them off the benefits?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to marrow
Default ....

I would like to know the answer to that question as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Actually, since I know the answer to this from experience i will answer. You may work and still receive SSD, but SSI more than likely will stop depending on your household size, how much you earn, etc...
Old 11-14-2011, 10:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeMom0708 View Post
Just a question. Can one work and receive disability benefits? Is the hiring department only hiring SSI/Disability recepients as a way to ween them off the benefits?
Hello there! Thank you for your question.

Your questions are great! I would always suggest reading and educating yourself and also asking questions like you are doing now. here are some helpful links to read more about the program, its benefits and why Congress created it!

FAQ | My Employment Options
SSI/SSDI Beneficiaries | Qualify for At Home Jobs | My Employment Options
Social Security Administration's Ticket to Work Program

The goal of the Ticket to Work program is to help people receiving Social Security disability benefits obtain employment and work toward greater independence and increased self-sufficiency. If someone starts back to work, they DO NOT automatically lose their benefits or health insurance. Which is a common misconception out there about it. Be sure to consult with SSA websites or Employment network websites to get accurate information. Many people are misinformed about the program entirely and they miss out on all its many benefits and free services because of wrong information.

The program was created by congress as a way to help beneficiaries to ease back into work and earn extra income and increase self-esteem. It allows them to use agencies called Employment works who work with them to find suitable jobs, understand program stages and help with other things such as resumes, gaps in employment, accommodations, and interviews and also follows up after a job starts.

Other Benefits: Work Incentives are disability program rules that allow you to reduce your countable income so that you can continue to receive a cash benefit while you explore work or look for a job that is right for you. Examples of such Work Incentives include the extension of Medicare and Medicaid coverage while working, Impairment-Related Work Expenses, and Plans for Achieving Self-Support. I am using an Impairment related work expense right now. When I go to my doctor, pay for meds related to my condition etc, I can include that with my income reports and it allows me to earn a little more.

To address your second questions, yes, some people do use the program to work off benefits because that is their personal choice. Social Security wants to be able to help people to become independent and self sufficient again and overcome various obstacles to employment. Everyone's situation is different and their disability different and no situation are equal. If someone is under the care of a doctor, they would need to work out a plan with them and if its ok for them to return to work and at what level. Most people use the program and take it on stage at a time. I have seen people who say they would never work off benefits but they find themselves in better health, finding the job of their dreams and wanting to work off benefits. But even if they do that, they are protected by being in the program if they would get sick again or lose a job.

The program is voluntary but free to all those currently receiving SSDI or SSI benefits. It is designed to help people be able to re-enter the work force but be protected. How people use the program is a personal choice. Many people follow the program slowly but end up finding a job that meets their goals and income needs and they decide to work off benefits (over time) and the program and it's Employment networks and agencies can help someone reach that specific goal. Others use the program as a way to return to work slowly and earn extra income and test their ability to work.

There are so many benefits I could go on and on! Another benefit is that when someone assigns their ticket and is working in the ticket to work program, they WILL NOT undergo a medical continuing disability review while participating in the program. We all know how stressful those are. Being in Ticket to work, exempts you from those!

I could go on and on but I don't want to overwhelm you or anyone with too much information at once.

Ticket to Work is amazing. I am using it and it has changed my life. I am once again contributing to society again, using my skills, adding to my family's income and has increased my self-esteem and made me feel useful again. Having an employment network that knows all the rules, guidelines, paperwork, stages etc makes my life less stressful and I can just focus on my family and the job!

The great thing about Ticket to Work is when you 'assign' your ticket to an agency such as Employment Options, Inc. We help you EVERY step of the way. From job hunting, finding the most suitable position for your skills and your disability and health; we help you with resume writing, handling gaps in employment, interviews, and also stay in touch with many years after you start working to make sure you are doing well and help you. Always free!! We also turn in your employment records for you to SSA, which is one less hassle for you and allows you to focus on your job. We work on your behalf and that is why SSA created this program so people could get the resources and tools they need to succeed.

I hope this helps answer your questions but please ask more if I didn't answer it entirely!
Thanks
Lori Adler
Employment Options
800-441-3114 ext 763
Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriyahkaykeys View Post
Actually, since I know the answer to this from experience i will answer. You may work and still receive SSD, but SSI more than likely will stop depending on your household size, how much you earn, etc...
Thank you for your answer. Let me clarify with specific details for everyone!

SSDI and SSI are both under Ticket to Work but work slightly different.

SSDI gives the person 9 trial work months where they can 'try' to return to the workforce and test the waters, all the while keeping their benefits check and health insurance and also making as MUCH MONEY AS THEY WANT during these 9 months. Benefits keep coming every month as well as health insurance, just like normal.

A trial month is counted as being used up if someone earns $720 or more in 2011 each month. (That figure varies if self-employed). Someone might not use the trial months all in a row. It could take several years to go through that stage which is fine. That is the great part about the program. not too many programs allow you to make as $$ much as you can, and still keep your SSDi check and health insurance. Even after you have used up your 9 trial months, you move into what is called Extended period of eligibility which means if you would choose to work off your benefits entirely (again personal choice) and if you would lose your job or become sick, Social security can restart your benefits check without a new application, or waiting period. Another benefit of using the program rather than going to work not in the program.

If you decide to not work off benefits at first, after the 9 trial months, as long as you stay below the SGA level of 1,000 a month and are willing to make more than $720 a month, you can still work, make this income and keep your SSD benefits.

SSI clients follow a slightly different guideline. It is called Earned Income Exclusion. Less than half of their earnings are counted by Social security as earned income which may allow someone to continue to receive their check while working. SSI-Earned Income Exclusion-Less than half the earnings are counted by SSA as earned income which may allow the person to work and continue to receive SSI check. Ex. Person gets $885.00 per month; SSA does not count first $85.00 of work income. (I can provide more detail if needed).

This is alot of information to take in. But remember, when you 'assign' your ticket to an agency such As Employment Options, we help and educate you through every stage and what is right for your situation and goals! you are not alone!! We are Certified by Social Security to help you!!

The program also helps to protect your health insurance (Medicare/Medicaid).
As long as your disabling condition still meets our rules, you can keep your Medicare coverage for at least 8 ˝ years after you return to work. (The 8 ˝ years includes your nine month trial work period.) Even after this, their are ways to still obtain medicare.
So if you find a job that doesn’t offer health insurance, you can still receive your Medicare.

Medicaid- your Medicaid coverage will continue, even after your SSI payments stop, until your income reaches a certain level. That level varies with each state and reflects the cost of health care in your state. (We can tell you the Medicaid level for your state.) However, if your health care costs are higher than this level, you can have more income and keep your Medicaid. In most states, for your Medicaid to continue, you must
Need it to work;
Be unable to afford similar medical coverage without SSI;
Continue to have a disabling ¬condition; and
Meet all other SSI eligibility requirements.

Hope this helps!
Lori Adler
Employment Options, Inc.
800-441-3114 ext 763
Old 11-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Super WAHM

Thank you for your answer, you described and gave the response just as I thought, but thanks for clarifying it. Shame though, as I am not, nor have ever been a recipient of either, but would have liked to work on this project. I'm not so sure the beneficiaries would be as willing, however. Hope you do find a good number of them who will. Thanks again.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Agreed

I agreed with you there! Ashame..too bad I don't have SSI...then I could actually get a job...
Old 11-21-2011, 12:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for your responses. Many people think we as a company are being selfish or keeping good and talented people from open positions. But that is not the case. Congress and the Social security administration created the program and our company had to be certified and is mandated by the program. The Employment Networks are like recruiters but specifically to help Social security clients because they are often faced with even more obstacles than the usual job seeker.
Please know that many of these companies that we place clients in are actually nationally known Work at home companies who appear often on WAHM and many of the other forums. So they love to hire our clients but they also hire outside the Ticket to Work program.
I would suggest using these forums and educate yourself on the companies that are hiring. There are so many work-at- home companies hiring now and many are mentioned on this forum and others!
I hope that help makes sense. The program was created as a way to help SSDI or SSI beneficiaries because they often are faced with obstacles to employment or fear of returning to work because of health insurance and income concerns. So the program created agencies to help them so they would not have to go that all alone.
If someone is not on SSDI or SSI, you can email us at help@myemploymentoptions.com for a list of job resources; I would read this forum and also recommend Work Place Like Home. Another excellent forum and both are up to date on WAH jobs and who is hiring or not. Great forums; great moderators!!
I am not supposed to do this really, but I do know that Teletech is hiring THOUSANDS and Convergys is hiring too. Also, Many companies are hiring for the holiday season. Google can be your best friend!! Search search search!
I wish you all the best!
Lori Adler
Employment Options
Old 11-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Question??

So does this mean that someone who is not on disablitiy could not apply then. I think this would be an amazing oppertunity for myself. I am not on SSI or Disability, have started the application process but kinda gave up being its such a long process, etc. Please let me know.
Thanks ~
JerriAnne

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
jobs for disabled, ticket to work, work-at-home