Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to lgreen23
Smile Jobs that let you set your own hours?

How many people out there know of jobs that let you set your own hours? I would HIGHLY prefer a non-phone job, but I am more than willing to hear about phone and other opportunities. I am really looking for the pay to be around $10 an hour minimum.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? I have applied for jobs left and right and I always find out too late that they have set schedules. I am going back to school and need flexibility.

Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Grand WAHM

There are writing jobs posted on the forum. And I've seen some technical writing based jobs out there that are more project based than hour based.

What type of work experience do you have? Any experience in writing, customer service, etc.? That may help us give you a better answer.

From what I've seen though, most employers are going to want you to commit to set hours, even if those set hours are flexible.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Super WAHM

All clients with Arise give you the option to make your own schedule. Some you have more hours than you will know what to do with, others not so much. They do also have chat opportunities if you want to avoid the phones. You will still have to focus with out a lot of back ground stuff going on. Pay is right there and up depending on the client you choose to work for.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 AM
WAHM Fanatic

First off, if a job is going to pay you hourly they are going to require a commitment. $10 an hour isn't really just handed out when you start a gig. I can think of very few jobs that pay that much starting and those you need a very strong commitment and years of experience. Most phone gig these days are commission based. This isnt because the company is cheap! This is because to many people don't do the work. I bet others who have done the management side of call centers would agree that turn over rate is high, you play the chasing down of phone reps who committed and didnt work or made 5 calls and gave up. Now on the positive side of phone work you can make more than $10 an hour, most call centers run from 9am est to 12am pst and will let you make your own schedule.

Writing can be tough, particularly if your not skilled at writing, and starting out its more like $3-5 for an article.

Posting ads on classifieds, forum posting, surveys can bring some cash but unless your a super multi tasker and have lots of time to devote $10 an hour is not gonna happen right off the bat.

No matter what job you end up up doing the more you put in the more you will get out of it, and it doesnt happen overnight; at least in my experience!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
WAHM Regular

I work from home and set my own hours. But with the hours of operation you're very limited. I make $10/hr and its very easy. PM for more info.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered WAHM

I recently found a website that offers some excellent training for network marketing without having to harass friends and family. So far I'm really impressed with their strategy and what they offer, especially during the trial period. There are so many network and multi-level marketing opportunities out there, but so few of us are salespeople by nature. The link should show in my signature, I believe. I am new to posting on this site. If it doesn't show, feel free to ask me for more info as I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links in my message directly. Any advice on these types of posts would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I would say that your best bets for those type of items in a work from home job are going to be freelance writing, transcription, and even blogging. This way, you can log in and write whenever you can.

It is possible to make $10 and more an hour doing these positions. It might take you some time to build some speed with your writing, but you can do it if you put your mind to it.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Default A Few Tips

I would recommend Leapforce or Lionbridge. I cannot disclose pay, but it is higher than what you prefer. These are internet assessor jobs. You can log on and off as you need to when working for them.
Writing is also another way to earn about 10.00 per hour. PM me and I can hook you up with some company links.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
WAHM Master

General transcription is very flexible, as regards to scheduling. Medical transcription, however, is not. Most of those positions are set in stone, and you clock in and clock out. Another reason why I love general.

This ad will disappear if you login