Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered WAHM

Default CDF Travel (Cruise Drive Fly)

Does anyone have work experience with this company? They are commissioned based and give travel and gifts away in exchange for people going to an open house. I have been contacted by this company with a job offer and the money looks good but I can't find any reviews on them. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:17 AM
WAHM Regular

I can't find anything about them either except for a snagajob ad that's no longer available. Is there a website in the email we can check out?

I did manage to find this though: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/8884725335/24

Last edited by kylari; 08-01-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:26 AM
WAHM Regular

I did some more digging and I managed to find this by searching for "CDF Travel" fraud, which led me to a job listing with a link to their jobs page, here

There's no info about the company, who owns/ runs it, or anything useful like contact info.

I'd run from this- nothing about it makes any sense at all.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Super WAHM

Default Run!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansworld View Post
Does anyone have work experience with this company? They are commissioned based and give travel and gifts away in exchange for people going to an open house. I have been contacted by this company with a job offer and the money looks good but I can't find any reviews on them. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan
Ok I applied to work for this company.I had gone on here and asked the same question...by the way they go under CDA Consultant eventhough it's CDF Travel.I aaplied to be a consultant July 6th and was going to start the orientation that day BUT I had trouble with my computer so I didn't get into that one SO I called and e-mailed the person asking when the next class was going to be .I called for a little over a week and kept getting a message that that person was out of the office.Here is the info I got below.You should call that number and see if you get anyone BUT I sent them a very angry letter letting them know that they are very unprofessional.

Congratulations after reviewing your application and listening to your recording, we would like to offer you a position as one of our remote marketing representatives. You are invited to attend our training webinar. This will be a fast paced orientation and will last four hours.
•You will need to allocate the entire four hours for training
•You will need a USB headset with microphone
•High-speed Internet. (No Wireless - No Satellite)

Webinar Date & Time: Wednesday, 07/06/2011 02:00 PM (CST)

Go to: http://www.JoinGotoMeeting.com

Webinar ID: 635-743-982

Webinar Subject: Training (4-Hr Min)

Sincerely,

Deborah Lloyd

CDF Travel

CDA Consulting
(855) 796-6577 - Extension 0017
Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered WAHM

Default CDF Travel

I actually work for CDF Travel. The work hours are very flexible. You don't have to have a special phone line. Everything is done completely online. You are paid an hourly rate, plus bonuses..and pay is ALWAYS on time. It is a 1099 position, so you'll need to tuck away for tax time. Bottom line...definitely NOT a scam.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered WAHM

Default 65 Complaints Filed In the Last Three Years with the Better Business Bureau

Based on the information codergirl shared about the communication she received, I did some research and found some enlightening information on the Better Business Bureau website. By the way, CDF Travel is a subsidiary of CDA Consulting which apparently has several DBA's under its belt.
No surprise that CDA Consulting is NOT BBB accredited.
Apparently, CDF Travel is one of those companies that call and offer you a vacation in exchange "for just 90 minutes of your time".
Quote from the BBB website: As of 2010, the company is sending out a card by mail, which claims in red letters, "Sorry We Missed You," and also in red letters, "Call To Schedule Pickup Notice," along with a package number. The card asks the consumer to call (888) 4-PAK-Del or (888) 472-5535 or (903) 839-1500. On calling the number, the consumer is asked for the twelve-digit pick up number. Consumers are told they have a free vacation package, then they are asked for a credit card number to pay for a, "...nominal delivery fee," which must be paid in advance.
Personally, I have no desire to be associated with a company with this type of reputation.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile CDF travel and Talk2rep.com

Okay i did the phone assessment for CDF travel, how long after will you have to wait for a response? and Talk2rep.com I have an interview thursday and I was wondering what kind of questions are they going to ask and how is the overall business... thank you.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs down Do not work for ths company

I was recently employed with this company for 3 months and the screwed me out of thousands of dollars i earned. they lie about who actually shows up for the appointments and make sure to log you off so they don't have to pay you your commission. They act like they want you to make big money but lie to you and say you worked less then 24 hours. I kept track of my hours for three weeks and i was always missing between 5 to 10 hours on my paycheck and they would withhold my commission because of it. And when it is brought to there attention they never reply back to you. I am currently filing a claim against this company along with making sure the IRS know that there interdependent contractors are really interdependent contractors there employees. I hope there scam of a company with get shut down.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:34 AM
WAHM Regular

There are many other companies that you can find. The combination of SouthernRunner's and Brittany's comments should steer you in a different direction.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 AM
WAHM Regular

I would definitely look for other opportunities. Job ads happen in my email inbox all the time. You have to be very careful and vigilant because opening one of those offers can cause a virus to spread on your computer or your computer can become infected with tracking software. It's better to err on the side of caution. The WAHM forum has many legitimate sources for WAH opportunites. You just have to find what you like to do and sift through them.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
cdf, cruise dry fly, travel