Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Help, I need to make $20 a day!

My husband and I are in a somewhat unique position. He works out of the home and I work in the home.

However, we were going over some finances, and we are literally $20 short a day for him to be able to take on another job and work from home too.

We've cut so many expenses already, and we are just a mere $20 short per day.

That's $600 a month if you include weekends (average).

Either one of us can do the work. He's even considering taking up lawn care or whatever!

I'm just seeing if there is something simple that I can do for 1-2 hours per day to earn $20 online. I am VERY HEAVILY technical and can do almost anything on a computer. From building all the way up to Cisco router setup & maintenance. I can type at 72 WPM (not exaggerated) and can do any type of data entry work. I am fluent in Windows platforms and Linux.

We are just so close to this dream of both of us working from home. $20 is not that much but it makes all the difference when budgeting this out!

Thanks!

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Are you taking into account the gas and lunch money you'll be saving? That could be your $20 right there. Hope it works out for you!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Grand WAHM

Pure data entry positions are tough to come by, but there are a lot of ways you can make $20 or more a day from home.

I'd recommend checking through this section of the forum. And I hope your financial situation gets better.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

If you're interested in writing, one $15 article at Demand Studios and $5 at Textbroker would equal your $20. Depending on your writing talent and topics you choose. You could accomplish that in as little as 30 minutes or as much as 2 hours.

As far as technical-related jobs, Apple has an at-home position (and there are other companies that offer home-based phone support positions) but they would likely require a greater hourly commitment (which means you'd exceed your $20/day goal!)

Transcription- you could make $20/day doing 1-2 hours of general transcription with your typing speed, depending on audio quality and whether you pick a company that pays a decent rate per audio/hour. Check out the list in the transcription folder.

Of course, there is always Elance, etc. Where you'd continually need to apply for and seek out new contracts to maintain your income.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:09 AM
WAHM Regular

You also might want to check out odesk for technical jobs. I think you can find more bidding sites in the writing forum. I only use odesk for writing jobs, so I'm not sure what the pay rate is like for other jobs. With the writing jobs you really have to search for decent rates, but there are some out there.

Good luck.

Last edited by bronte83; 07-15-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-15-2011, 10:30 AM
WAHM Regular

You could write articles for merchant circle. They pay $4 per article and they pay weekly.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Sounds like transcription or writing articles are your best bet!!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:22 PM
WAHM Regular

You can try doing some task on mturk. The pay maybe low but if you really need the $20 badly I would suggest you put your time in it.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Visit with me a flammingrosses@yahoo.com, I may have a suggestion.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM
WAHM Regular

See if you can do some content creation work. Often times this does not take too much time and you can easily earn $20 a day.

This ad will disappear if you login