Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Applied for Butler Hill Here is the email I got Sounds fishy

Dear Susan;

Thank you for submitting your application to Appen Butler Hill.

With major operations in the US and Australia, and local teams in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, Appen Butler Hill is a global company uniquely positioned to take advantage of the growing market for a full range of linguistic services and resources in over 120 languages. Clients include software companies, consumer hardware businesses, automotive corporations, telecommunications businesses, and security organizations. Appen’s clients also include an extensive list of global government agencies.

We work with MANY different clients and they each have unique requirements for their projects. The pay may be a different rate than from the project that you have applied for, and we may have the ability to pay you through PayPal on some projects while on others, we pay you directly. Some of the clients are VERY specific as to educational background, where you reside, and what hours you work, while many of our new projects will NOT have those restrictions. It is possible for you to work for multiple projects with us, and you have the potential of being paid through various means. If we offer you a contract, we will identify the details as to how you will be paid and the rate that will be offered. Please note that we have to abide by the parameters set by each individual client, so the pay arrangements will be non-negotiable for each project. You may decide that a project is not a good fit for you; declining a project will NOT prevent you from receiving other offers. If an offered project is not something that you would consider, please feel free to recommend a friend or family member to apply if you think that they may be interested in the project. In fact, we encourage you to invite your friends and family as we have many projects and openings!

Some of our projects will require that you take a test, and the testing methods can vary by project. We may send you a test to complete, or you may be directed to a web site to take a test. When you take the test on the web site, upon completion you may receive a message saying that there are no available positions. Please do not be concerned, as your test must first be reviewed by our staff and you are not eligible for the work until a staff member has approved your application. You will receive an e-mail letting you know if you have been approved and how to move forward on the project. At no time during our application will you be required to pay to apply!! We are proud to extend these opportunities to you, and hope that you will be able to find a project that you enjoy.

We are in the process of reviewing the qualifications of all candidates for this position and will contact you with further information as soon as it becomes available. Most of our communication is by email, so it is important that you check your email (including your spam/junk email) periodically. It is advisable to add abc@taleo.net to your safe senders list.

In the meantime, you can use your email address and password to login to our Careers website (http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers...TLERHILL&cws=4) at any time to update your application information.

Sincerely,

Human Resources
Appen Butler Hill
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered WAHM

I got the same email a couple of weeks ago. I do know that Butler Hill did merge with Appen, so I'm just waiting patiently to be contacted.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered WAHM

K thanks for the information. I hope we both get some response back. Good Luck!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:13 PM
WAHM Master

Smile

Butler Hill is legit. I think that's just the standard first email they send out to people who apply.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:56 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Why does this sound fishy to you? It sounds like a normal acknowledgement email to me, other than mentioning the merger. Butler Hill did in fact merge and they are a legit company. Best wishes.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to ktjones Send a message via Skype™ to ktjones

I applied for Butler Hill but was told they are not hiring in my state of residence.
bummer!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thats the standard email they send out I interviewed and start training on the 1st Good Luck to those that apply!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 AM
WAHM Regular

hmm it doesn't sound fishy to me, it sounds pretty standard..a lot of places require you to take tests in order to determine your readiness for specific freelance type projects..
Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered WAHM

As others said this is their standard email when you First register. I know for sure that Butler Hill is legit. I have done my research before applying with them. I'm currently waiting for the prescreen test. I just signed the NDAyesterday. Any tips guys on what to expect on my prescreen test??

Last edited by on my own; 07-25-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Anybody know what the job description is? or what requirements are needed to even apply for the virtual envoirment position?

This ad will disappear if you login