Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs down Uhaul job in home

Has anyone had this happen? I was called for a job with Uhaul and the lady said a recruter would call me back for sure last week. Well I never got a call back so I thought you know what I'm going to call them back and let them know and find out whats going on! So I called and I got the same lady I spoke too! Explained to her I never got a recruter call back she was suprized and didn't even know! So she said she'd put it threw again! But I'm still waiting for the recruter to call me. In the mean time still putting applications threw. So I've learned to always call again and ask questions I was amazed she didn't even know they never called me back and if I wouldn't have called she would have never known I never got a call back! Just woundering If anyone else has ran into this with Uhaul. And I'm right in the state of AZ!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs down uhaul continue

Just wanted to also post Uhaul does sound like a great place to work and in my research on the company i've heard nothing bad about the company I was just wondering If any body else had the same thing happen to them. The lady called me twice the second time asking me if I was still interested in the job?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up U Haul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb43tcb43 View Post
Just wanted to also post Uhaul does sound like a great place to work and in my research on the company i've heard nothing bad about the company I was just wondering If any body else had the same thing happen to them. The lady called me twice the second time asking me if I was still interested in the job?
I worked for U Haul at home for two years and liked the company very much. Some of the employees don't folllow through with the customers as well as applicants, so it is not the company, rather than some of the employees. I would not mind working for them again myself. Good Luck.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:17 PM
WAHM Regular

tcb43tcb43,

it is interesting that you mention this because I personally spoke with a recruiter from Uhaul today and she told me out her own mouth that Uhaul has over staffed and will putting all applications for the reservations/sales @ hone position on hold for now. She proceeded to tell me that I need to fill out my paper work because I was going to be in the last training class they are having which is next Tuesday and that the next training class for that position will be in Jan. 2012.

Just thought I would pass this on to people who have been waiting to hear from Uhaul on this specific @ home position. I hate to hear about people waiting and waiting and don't know what's going on. So, just those people who've applied and is waiting for a response deserves to know.

The recruiter also told me that she felt really bad about it and stayed up late last night calling people to inform them. So, you may be one of those people on her list she will be calling to let know of what's going on.

I know this probably may disappoint some people but I just wanted to let those who have been waiting for a response to know.

Guys ya'll should try Teletech @ home customer service position they are hiring!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Wink

Wow I'm glad i've been applying every place else! Thanks for the info. Also Fairmont Hotel is looking for in home agents! 3 weeks training online! So I applied with them as well and Orbits.com is looking for agents also. Marriot Hotel needs in home agents, but you have to train in their Hotels (which I can't do !) Once again, Thank you so much for the info!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:47 PM
WAHM Regular

tcb43tcb43,

your very welcome, thanks for the info as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Grand WAHM

Sorry that happened tcb43tcb43 and that Uhaul may no longer be taking applications for open positions.

Still a useful thread. It's always good to call back and show your interest in a job by checking on the status. Sounds like there may have been some internal company miscommunication.

Good luck and I hope you find something very soon.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb43tcb43 View Post
Fairmont Hotel is looking for in home agents! 3 weeks training online! So I applied with them as well and Orbits.com is looking for agents also. Marriot Hotel needs in home agents, but you have to train in their Hotels (which I can't do !) !
Would you happen to have info about how to apply for these home based positions with Fairmont Hotels, Orbits.com and Marriott Hotels? I would be interested in applying for them myself. Thank you!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:39 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to SmartChic

I searched Orbitz.com website and they are not hiring for agents. They have a "work from home" section and nothing pulled up - and I search every category they have listed.

You can find it here: https://irecruitment.orbitz.com/OA_H...gHcHTx5hTAcdXA..

At Fairmont you can check out their openings here: Fairmont Careers: Opportunities: Departments & Positions

But I didn't see any openings (remote) from them either.

At the Marriott, you can try here: Start Your Journey and again, I didn't see any telecommute jobs available.

I also did a quick Google search on all of them and did not find any listings of them hiring. Not sure where the previous poster is getting their info.. but you might want to check back with them to see where they are getting that information from.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChic;2784179

At Fairmont you can check out their openings here: [url=http://www.fairmontcareers.com/opportunities/
Fairmont Careers: Opportunities: Departments & Positions[/url]
Thanks SmartChic. I looked online as well to find out more info on those jobs, but couldn't seem to find any announcements. I did find a home based reservations position for Fairmont Hotels, but it was part of their Global Reservations Centre in Canada.

Oh well, maybe someone else has more info that we are not seeing? Sure hope so!

This ad will disappear if you login