Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Question is this job a scam??

saw a job posted on craigslist. i emailed them about it and instantly after email was sent i got a response from supposed poster. it seems that the company is legit but i'm not sure. there is a website and number..but..hmm

has anyone ever heard of cpp (certified payment processing)? website is wwwdotcpp-360dotcom (not sure if i can post links)

here is 1 email i got:

We have now sent you our Human Resources application to move forward to the next step. Please fill out the Two (2) HRSmart emails I just sent you, from noreply@HRSmart.com, if it is not in your Inbox it may be in your Spam/Junk Mail.

Open the first email From: Get Started On Boarding, the Subject of the email is: Your Personal Login Information, in the body of the email towards the end, right Above Thank you, there will be a personal secure assigned password just for your application, Please copy the password exactly as it reads it is case sensitive and a very secure system that goes straight to our Human Resources department.

Then go to the other email, the Subject is: Invitation to Complete Application, open this email and click on the underlined link to your personal application. Your Login will be your email, and the Password will be the one you copied from the previous email.

Fill out that information to the best of your knowledge. When it asks your desired Salary put only the numeric 100000 (one hundred thousand) no commas, no dollar signs. Then our Very Secure HR System will have a Submit button. Click the button, and

Then Make sure you go to the Next step which will be the standard background check. This is necessary to move forward to ensure you have not been convicted of any type of Credit card fraud. (IF you have Credit Card Fraud in your background, this will automatically disqualify you from the position). We will not be pulling your credit, only your background check this is a standard procedure process. Your information will be completely secure on this site, and will go directly to our Human Resources department only; No one else will have the ability to view your information. When it asks for your social security, make sure to put dashes in between accordingly, again the system is very sensitive and secure. After you submit the complete button, the system will notify you that you have completed all the necessary steps. We are then automatically notified, and will call you immediately to confirm everything and we will arrange training via live webinar, give you your personal link, and access code to the training that you can do from the comfort from your own home, and go over any questions you may have in full detail. Also we will overnight out over hundred dollars in training materials, completely paid for by us to ensure you are successful on your triple verified preset appointments. We are a 9.1 Billion dollar company, so there will NOT be a penny out of your pocket.

If you have any questions feel free to call or email me anytime. I look forward to speaking with you. Also please let me know the best number and time to contact you so we can complete the interview process.

Best regards,

Leslie Carey

Sr. Hiring Manager

Certified Payment

Processing(CPP)

1 877 288 7556 ext.4906

what do you think??
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via MSN to ellijaymom Send a message via Yahoo to ellijaymom

Check them out at bbb.org/ and/or ripoffreport.com/

googled the number and was no impressed. That is just my opinion.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Super WAHM

I would not give them any information. There is just too many holes. Yes, they say they do not want any money/you don't have to pay for anything. However they are wanting to do a back ground check, that means they want your Social Security Number.

I just got a job from craigslist from a guy that required a back ground check. He sent me the money and I did my own back ground check that was then forwarded to him for my file. He was VERY happy to do that, as it was one less thing he had to do. And I felt better not giving someone my ssn durning an interview call.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyes81 View Post
I would not give them any information. There is just too many holes. Yes, they say they do not want any money/you don't have to pay for anything. However they are wanting to do a back ground check, that means they want your Social Security Number.

I just got a job from craigslist from a guy that required a back ground check. He sent me the money and I did my own back ground check that was then forwarded to him for my file. He was VERY happy to do that, as it was one less thing he had to do. And I felt better not giving someone my ssn durning an interview call.
yea, after i saw the background check...that was a red flag to me..even though it states that it only would do a background check and not a credit report...but once they have my ssn...they can do just about anything they want

thanks for you guys input!!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to wildcatgrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamari View Post
yea, after i saw the background check...that was a red flag to me..even though it states that it only would do a background check and not a credit report...but once they have my ssn...they can do just about anything they want

thanks for you guys input!!
Terrible grammar is another red flag...scattershot capitalization and:

Get Started On Boarding

this is a standard procedure process

...etc.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Super WAHM

And if they're are in fact a "9.1 billion" dollar company surely you can find loads of information on them.

Sounds fishy.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
Terrible grammar is another red flag...scattershot capitalization and:

Get Started On Boarding

this is a standard procedure process

...etc.
Right!!! There are a lot of scams that is using craiglist, so you have to be very careful when looking for a job.I have receive numerous of emails from craiglist about a job offering and surely I got caught up and some and have learn how to pick them out. You will not find to many employees using bad grammar because I am sure they will not get hired.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Default I am agreeing with most of the replies

That sounds very fishy to me. Even by giving out your background check, you are giving them more information than I would ever give a company that I don't know the facts about. The way the ad was worded and presented is very suspicious.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Super WAHM

I would verify them on bbb.org and see what you can get about the company. I would say if you have a feeling it is a scam then it probably is. Craigslist gets a lot of scams and fake jobs. People may be trying to get your social security number....don't give it to them.
Hope you make the right decision

Jessica
Old 04-09-2011, 11:49 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to amomsbiz

They are a scam. To be able to do research yourself, just put the name of the company
+ the word scam in Google to see if other people have complaints with them.

Good luck in your search. : o

This ad will disappear if you login