Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

Smile My Advice

I applied, and was called for an interview with Apple.

This is my advice. Don't apply for this position through any agencies or other third party source. You will get paid less.

Go directly to Apples website and look for apple at home advisor. Apple pays about 14/hr....where as agencies are going to offer you 9/hr. Big difference.

Just my two cents. I don't know if I have the position yet....so I can't tell you much more than that.

God Bless!
Merry Christmas, and have a wonderful New Year everyone.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:28 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Do you have to live in a specific state? Also, how long did it take for you to hear back after you applied?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:51 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsLittleGirl View Post
I applied, and was called for an interview with Apple.

This is my advice. Don't apply for this position through any agencies or other third party source. You will get paid less.

Go directly to Apples website and look for apple at home advisor. Apple pays about 14/hr....where as agencies are going to offer you 9/hr. Big difference.

Just my two cents. I don't know if I have the position yet....so I can't tell you much more than that.

God Bless!
Merry Christmas, and have a wonderful New Year everyone.
Thanks for the additional info, GodsLittleGirl. Best wishes that you make it, and please let me know. They are still hiring everyone, here's the link again Apple - Jobs at Apple - Job description

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered WAHM

Has anyone been hired for this job? I applied today and I'm waiting to hear back. How do you like it? Are the hours flexible?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:38 PM
WAHM Regular

I have a friend who works for apple here in town. She actually really likes it and I believe she makes a decent hourly rate. I think you should hear back in a couple of weeks weather or not they want to hire you. You should have some experience in apple stuff like iphones or ipads and be good at talking to people but other than that you should have a good shot.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi all,

Long time lurker and sometimes poster here. Just wanted to give back some info on this position as I was recently hired for it !!!! Long harrowing process, but it is sooooo worth it to me. I already feel like a valued employee instead of a replaceable cog in the wheel. Everyone I have interacted with has been professional and very friendly.

DO apply directly for the Apple position. The pay rate that I was offered is over $6 more per hour than the temp agency! It is also a lot more than the rate posted on the position.
Also look carefully at the postings and just apply to the nearest city to you. The 100 mile radius is lifted for most of the job postings, although I hear that some do still say they require it in the description.
It is PT but I was told by my recruiter that people in this position have not worked PT hours since September 2011. They also offer Health benefits, stock options and employee discounts. My hiring process went like this:

1.Applied online w/ COVER LETTER. I emphasize cover letter because I have heard on a couple other sites that they look at how energetic and personable your cover letter is. Don't just use "Please find attached blah blah blah".
2.Received email questionnaire from recruiter asking standard questions like why do you want to work for Apple, are you available to work between 5a-11p, can you start on this date?
3. Sent back questionnaire, received phone call out of blue from the recruiter two days later(which I missed). Returned call, got voicemail, sent email, no reply. got really depressed lol. Turned out he was on vacation. He called again soon as he got back and asked a few general questions then scheduled a second interview with another recruiter.
4.About two days later had second interview was supposed to be via Skype but he called instead. Asked a few technical questions and about my background. Google "apple at home advisor interview questions" they were spot on. Offered a third interview with a hiring manager and advised to be prepared for more technical questions and customer service scenarios.
5. Received an email to log onto site and choose interview time with hiring manager. Also separate email inviting to complete official Apple application.Word of advice on this app- don't put anything on there that is not readily verifiable. You'll see why later.
6.Third interview was HARD for me. She asked some tough questions that even though I was prepared for, I felt that I didn't answer them like a true tech person would if that makes sense. I just kept my cool and answered them like I would if I were truly troubleshooting a problem with my pc. I.E. google it, use Microsoft help, . I think they were really looking for if you had at least the slightest idea how to begin and the savvy to know where to go to look for help. They seemed to be more interested in customer service.
6. 30 minutes after interview received an email asking to complete a background check. This is where a complete verifiable application comes in. They verify every employment that you listed on the app as well as your criminal history. If they can't get verification from the employer then they will ask you for W-2's or 1099's. My problem was with LiveOps. They were never able to get a response from them and I didn't have my 1099's from 05 when I worked for them. But on the positive, my other employment was verifiable and I got the job so it must not have counted against me. I've also heard they verify the dates so make sure you have them accurate. I'm horrible about remembering things like that. This was the longest part of the process since they give the employment five - 6 days to respond before they turn the report in as non-verifiable to Apple.
7. The day after the background report was turned in(I know because I called them everyday), I received the offer call. Now I'm just waiting on my offer email and then equipment and new hire paperwork orientation!

Whew! Long post but hopefully it will make someone else's wait easier. I know I didn't sleep much for a couple of weeks during this process, but am very pleased now.

Good Luck everyone applying!

Edit to add: Sorry for resurrecting a very old thread. I was just googling the position and ran across this thread with people asking questions. Didn't even see that it was more than a year old. Thought that it said 8/25/12! But they are still hiring so go for it

Last edited by acj; 08-29-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: resurrected an oooold thread
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the update anyway! I just found out about this job last night on another site. Are you a student? Because I read that they only hire students for the work at home gig. Also what is the hourly rate?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Did you have prior experience?[

QUOTE=acj;3015806]Hi all,

Long time lurker and sometimes poster here. Just wanted to give back some info on this position as I was recently hired for it !!!! Long harrowing process, but it is sooooo worth it to me. I already feel like a valued employee instead of a replaceable cog in the wheel. Everyone I have interacted with has been professional and very friendly.

DO apply directly for the Apple position. The pay rate that I was offered is over $6 more per hour than the temp agency! It is also a lot more than the rate posted on the position.
Also look carefully at the postings and just apply to the nearest city to you. The 100 mile radius is lifted for most of the job postings, although I hear that some do still say they require it in the description.
It is PT but I was told by my recruiter that people in this position have not worked PT hours since September 2011. They also offer Health benefits, stock options and employee discounts. My hiring process went like this:

1.Applied online w/ COVER LETTER. I emphasize cover letter because I have heard on a couple other sites that they look at how energetic and personable your cover letter is. Don't just use "Please find attached blah blah blah".
2.Received email questionnaire from recruiter asking standard questions like why do you want to work for Apple, are you available to work between 5a-11p, can you start on this date?
3. Sent back questionnaire, received phone call out of blue from the recruiter two days later(which I missed). Returned call, got voicemail, sent email, no reply. got really depressed lol. Turned out he was on vacation. He called again soon as he got back and asked a few general questions then scheduled a second interview with another recruiter.
4.About two days later had second interview was supposed to be via Skype but he called instead. Asked a few technical questions and about my background. Google "apple at home advisor interview questions" they were spot on. Offered a third interview with a hiring manager and advised to be prepared for more technical questions and customer service scenarios.
5. Received an email to log onto site and choose interview time with hiring manager. Also separate email inviting to complete official Apple application.Word of advice on this app- don't put anything on there that is not readily verifiable. You'll see why later.
6.Third interview was HARD for me. She asked some tough questions that even though I was prepared for, I felt that I didn't answer them like a true tech person would if that makes sense. I just kept my cool and answered them like I would if I were truly troubleshooting a problem with my pc. I.E. google it, use Microsoft help, . I think they were really looking for if you had at least the slightest idea how to begin and the savvy to know where to go to look for help. They seemed to be more interested in customer service.
6. 30 minutes after interview received an email asking to complete a background check. This is where a complete verifiable application comes in. They verify every employment that you listed on the app as well as your criminal history. If they can't get verification from the employer then they will ask you for W-2's or 1099's. My problem was with LiveOps. They were never able to get a response from them and I didn't have my 1099's from 05 when I worked for them. But on the positive, my other employment was verifiable and I got the job so it must not have counted against me. I've also heard they verify the dates so make sure you have them accurate. I'm horrible about remembering things like that. This was the longest part of the process since they give the employment five - 6 days to respond before they turn the report in as non-verifiable to Apple.
7. The day after the background report was turned in(I know because I called them everyday), I received the offer call. Now I'm just waiting on my offer email and then equipment and new hire paperwork orientation!

Whew! Long post but hopefully it will make someone else's wait easier. I know I didn't sleep much for a couple of weeks during this process, but am very pleased now.

Good Luck everyone applying!

Edit to add: Sorry for resurrecting a very old thread. I was just googling the position and ran across this thread with people asking questions. Didn't even see that it was more than a year old. Thought that it said 8/25/12! But they are still hiring so go for it [/QUOTE]
Old 08-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered WAHM

Nope, I'm not a student. They have a separate posting for the same position for their college recruiting. This one is considered At Home Adviser Pro. The hourly range's I have seen people posting is $14 - $16 per hour, my offer was a little more than that though .

I have at home call center experience with light tech support. But I am tech savvy and self taught. I have never touched a Mac, but they are apparently looking for people who are trainable and have some tech knowledge.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:31 PM
WAHM Regular

I applied over 2 weeks ago and never heard back.

This ad will disappear if you login