Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Clickworker Discussion

Following on from a conversation in an Amazon mTurk thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbbiz View Post
I looked into doing some work with them but then found out that unless you are American, you get paid through only with an Amazon card and not cash. Only Americans get cash and either through check or paypal.

It would be nice if there was something like this for other countries.
Quote:
Quote:
Clickworker looks to be a similar set-up. Pays in Euros - Paypal or bank deposit (with complying SEPA bank account). They hire globally.
Quote:
Quote:
As a clickworker at clickworker.com you work independently and completely according to your own schedule.

* There are no hidden costs or fees
* All you need is a computer with an internet connection
* No formal qualifications are necessary
* You receive payment once you’ve earned 10 Euros, your balance never expires.
FAQs
Clickworker Registration

Good luck!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbbiz
w3rkaholic thank you for the info on the new site. I am going to go check it out right now. Melanie
Quote:
You're welcome! Let us know how you go with them.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanle
According to this blog, Clickworker is a sham. Most of the jobs are apparently in German.

Clickworking….crowdsourcing…your next work at home job? THE Work At Home Blog
Quote:
I got the link off Sharon's site, Your Way to Work at Home. I can't see anywhere where it says it's a sham (in the link you provided). Sharon interviewed the COO and addressed concerns that others had. If she's satisfied with the result, I'll trust her judgment.

Here's a link to her podcast with the COO, it's the 9th (now 10th) one on the list...

Your Way to Work at Home - Download free podcast episodes by Sharon Davis on iTunes.

This is the same interview for those who don't have iTunes

Scroll Down To:

Quote:
Saturday 12th of June 2010

Clickworker COO David Moufarrege 06-12-2010

This Friday’s radio guest will be David Moufarrege, Chief Operating Officer, Americas for Clickworker.com. They are always looking for people from anywhere on the planet who enjoy writing, translating, researching, and data processing. As a Clickworker you earn money working completely independently on your own schedule from any personal computer with Internet access. Clickworker.com has a network of tens of thousands of clickworkers (the crowd or swarm) that will take on a variety of tasks submitted through their proprietary platform. The tasks range in complexity from simple to very complex.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanle
You have to read the actual comments on the blog that were written by people who signed up with Clickworker. None of the people who commented said they were getting paid. Clickworker claims they have a lot of jobs and that you can make as much at $9.50 an hour. The comments were that most of the jobs are in German. People may work three jobs and then there is nothing else in the queue to choose from that is in English. They may be making $1.05 in an hour.

I did not listen to the podcast because I felt of course the COO is going to paint a pretty picture. I did not trust to receive an honest review from that. But I do believe people who have already tried it and felt it was not legit.

Sorry, but I was burned very badly by a scam about five years ago and I am very, very cynical about some of these opportunites.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 PM
WAHM Regular

beanle - that's fair enough. Sorry that this happened to you. I don't want to direct people to shams either, so I went off researching.

With the sham comments on the blog, five people are saying that they haven't been paid because they haven't reached the minimum payout amount due to lack of work (other languages required). Another person states that it's a sham but doesn't say why. Sharon tells them all to listen to the podcast.

From my understanding, it's a German company called humangrid and most of the work was EU based. Only very recently, have they added headquarters in the US.

German company locates base for U.S. in Pittsford
By MARY STONE
Rochester Business Journal
August 6, 2010

They are also attractive to investors, from reading this...

Quote:
humangrid capitalization reaches 3,5 million Euros in 2010

The influx of investors and capital for humangrid has not stopped. For the second time this year new investors have shown their support for the successful internet company. Corporate Finance Partners CFP & Founders Investments add 500,000 Euros to humangrid’s capitalization.

Just recently in March 2010 private investors Klaus Wecken and his children Ina and Ferry Wecken partnered with the company. Their investment, along with other new investment by existing shareholders, brought 3 million Euros to humangrid’s capital. This new investment further raises that amount to € 3.5 million already this year.
I also looked at this video (it's in German but the gist of it translates)
Planetopia Magazine Clickworker Demonstration

It seems that their vision is to build the business in the US and the rest of the world.

And, check out their Twitter account for recent updates and news.
@clickworker_com

Twitter is an excellent way to communicate with companies. It's a direct line to them.
(which could be another thread...)

Last edited by w3rkaholic; 08-20-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I joined ClickWorker about a week ago, I'd say, and I thought the same thing--no work at all. I think when I signed up they said they would email when there were work assignments for me. They never have. Maybe I misread something though. It was late when I joined the site.

I check into the site occasionally and found that a lot of work is available but only at the very wee hours--we're talking about 4am in the central U.S. states. I have never found work assignments during the daytime here though--but, again, I don't check that frequently.

With that being said, I actually have completed an assignment recently for reasonable pay, in my opinion. I was paid $10 for what amounted to about 1 hour of work for me. They did allow me to spend up to 5 full hours on the written "assignment" though.

Have I been paid?

Well, the pay-out is at the $10 bar so I haven't done any more assignments since just to see if they really will pay me or if they're going to take my work and run with it. I meet the requirement so I assume in a couple of weeks I should see payment in my PayPal account.

We'll see!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to kdbbiz

I just went and checked again today and there are 39 jobs available for writing 1000 word articles on a location and description they give you. It is for $10. To me that is not worth $10. I charge $15-$20 for 1000 word articles.

If I ever am low on work, I may try taking one of those assignments, but only if I have the time and once I hear from someone else that they have been paid.

I found the assessment tests you need to do kind of fun though. lol. I like multiple choice.

Good luck to those who continue with this and be sure to let us know if you do get paid ok.

thanks
Melanie
The V.A. Industry is expected to be a $130 Million Industry in the next few years! Grab my free report and learn how you can get started with your own business. Bonus WP Profitable Posts software included to help you make more money.
Quick Tips for How to Become a Virtual Assistant
Old 08-21-2010, 06:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Youngster and Melanie.

I've contacted the company to find out when there will be more work available for English speaking countries. Hopefully, they get back to me. Will keep you all updated.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Got a response, which I appreciate. No time frame, but at least it's an honest answer.

Quote:
Hi, we can't tell when exactly there will be more work for english speaking Clickworkers, but we're working on this.

@clickworker_com
I also found this article on their site...

Quote:
You can be too successful…

In January we at clickworker.com decided to offer the platform and the services not just in Europe but in North America (USA, Canada and Mexico) as well.

In February we created the company clickworker.com, Inc., in March we localized the system and created the new design. At the end of April we were ready to launch and clickworker.com went online.

During the first four weeks we managed to get over 11.000 new Clickworkers in North America, exceeding even the most optimistic plans. We now have one third of all Clickworkers worldwide coming from North America. After only four weeks. Fact is, we are too successful.

This presents us with a classic chicken and egg problem. If we have no or not enough Clickworkers, nobody will give us work.

But if we have too many Clickworkers, like right now, the Clickworkers will be easily frustrated, because there just is not enough work.

We had the same problem almost a year ago, when we launched in Europe. First not enough, then too many Clickworkers. In the meantime we came to a relatively good balance. All Clickworkers that successfully finished the necessary assessments will usually be able to find work at all times.

In North America this will unfortunately take a few more weeks. We have signed a number of contracts with potentially very large customers, especially for content creation and research in English. We are currently preparing for those projects and hope to be able to bring them online during the month of June.

There will also be a lot of work in other languages, especially German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish and Turkish.

Please be patient, please stay with us, shortly there will be more than enough work for everybody.
And this article covers the types of work Clickworkers do. Interesting....

Clickworker tasks: Moving beyond just clicking
Old 01-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Exclamation Clickworker Radio Interview

Hi everyone,

W3rkaholic, thanks for the informative post

I wanted to let everyone know that the links to my radio interviews in the earlier posts here aren't working. Here is where you can listen to my interview of ---> David Moufarrege, COO of Clickworker.

Incidentally, I've also interviewed many others that you may be interested in. Some of my past guests include Satish Maripuri, COO of Lionbridge, Peter Berger, President of Suite101.com, Paul Ruck of Alpine Access and Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange. You'll find past episodes on my blog.

If there's a company that you'd like me to interview, leave a comment here and I'll see what I can do!

This ad will disappear if you login