Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to mom2babynteen Send a message via Yahoo to mom2babynteen

I just started the beginning of March and they gave me my own Skype number, 347 area code.

Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
WAHM Regular

I get to do my training tomorrow as I wasn't availble the last time to train. So I have a few questions if anyone can help out.

1. They mention something about waiting the first month before pay. Now does this mean the work you do in that month will be payed out after you complete your first month? Or you just don't get paid at all for the first month?

2. What head set would you recommend? I want to start out with one that is around 20.00, clear reception and no static.

3. I know that there have been some post here about how much others make but to those that are newer how much do you 'roughly' average in a month. Just trying to get an 'idea' of what to be looking at. I know it all varies on how fast the cases can get completed.

4. Any suggestionsthat maybe helpful to have during training or during my employment?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to eternalskye Send a message via AIM to eternalskye Send a message via Yahoo to eternalskye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobijeanm
I get to do my training tomorrow as I wasn't availble the last time to train. So I have a few questions if anyone can help out.

1. They mention something about waiting the first month before pay. Now does this mean the work you do in that month will be payed out after you complete your first month? Or you just don't get paid at all for the first month?

You complete one month of work to receive your first check, Its more of a Security thing for the company. I started in September 2007 and received my first check a few days after the first of October</font>

2. What head set would you recommend? I want to start out with one that is around 20.00, clear reception and no static.

The headset is purely your choice. But i would recommend a noise-canceling headset. I got mine from walmart by Cyber-Acoustics for $22.00</font>

3. I know that there have been some post here about how much others make but to those that are newer how much do you 'roughly' average in a month. Just trying to get an 'idea' of what to be looking at. I know it all varies on how fast the cases can get completed.

It completely varies by how many cases you have total and how many you bring in each pay period, its really hard to give a rough estimate, because it varies per retriever. But by a rough estimate i make between $700-$800 per month. Some people make more, other make less. </font>

4. Any suggestionsthat maybe helpful to have during training or during my employment?

Take notes during training, and Always have paper and pen ready when calling facilities to jot down notes regarding their polices for recored requests and fax numbers and such.</font>
Old 03-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered WAHM

Do any of you who work for Parameds have kids at home? I got a response from them and am really excited about it but am wondering if it is doable with a 2 and 4 year old at home. I cam get some help with them a couple hours of the day. Just wondering if I need to be on the phone all day long. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalskye
Quote:

You complete one month of work to receive your first check, Its more of a Security thing for the company. I started in September 2007 and received my first check a few days after the first of October

The headset is purely your choice. But i would recommend a noise-canceling headset. I got mine from walmart by Cyber-Acoustics for $22.00

It completely varies by how many cases you have total and how many you bring in each pay period, its really hard to give a rough estimate, because it varies per retriever. But by a rough estimate i make between $700-$800 per month. Some people make more, other make less.

Take notes during training, and Always have paper and pen ready when calling facilities to jot down notes regarding their polices for recored requests and fax numbers and such.

Thanks Brandy!

Also what at W4, do they take out the money or are you (the employee) responsible for the taxes?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to givennsz

Ok I think im a little to impatient lol, I havent heard anything yet. I sent my resume later part of last week. Does anyone have any suggestions as to maybe just sit tight and wait or send it again. Thanks a bunch!!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to eternalskye Send a message via AIM to eternalskye Send a message via Yahoo to eternalskye

Quote:
Originally Posted by givennsz
Ok I think im a little to impatient lol, I havent heard anything yet. I sent my resume later part of last week. Does anyone have any suggestions as to maybe just sit tight and wait or send it again. Thanks a bunch!!
I would send another email
Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalskye
Quote:

You complete one month of work to receive your first check, Its more of a Security thing for the company. I started in September 2007 and received my first check a few days after the first of October</font>

The headset is purely your choice. But i would recommend a noise-canceling headset. I got mine from walmart by Cyber-Acoustics for $22.00</font>

It completely varies by how many cases you have total and how many you bring in each pay period, its really hard to give a rough estimate, because it varies per retriever. But by a rough estimate i make between $700-$800 per month. Some people make more, other make less. </font>

Take notes during training, and Always have paper and pen ready when calling facilities to jot down notes regarding their polices for recored requests and fax numbers and such.</font>

Thanks Brandy!

Also what at W4, do they take out the money or are you (the employee) responsible for the taxes?
They send you a 1099, because you are an Independent contractor, not a W2 employee. You pay taxes @ the end of the year or make quarterly payments.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Has anyone received their email about the phone in information for the training call? I have not yet.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Has anyone received their email about the phone in information for the training call? I have not yet.

This ad will disappear if you login