Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:15 AM
WAHM Master

Which should I choose and why/why not?

Thanks,!Edited by: Mothermomtotwo
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:53 AM
WAHM Regular

I have no experience with LiveOps, so this probably is not a completely fair opinion. But from my experience Arise has a lot of fees that (for me) made the actual hourly wage lower than what I could make with other companies, the training was unpaid and lengthy, and I had to deal with corporate stuff which I'm still having to do and I'm not even contracted with Arise anymore. I think Arise is great, but it definitely complicated my life. They have some great clients, just make sure you understand the requirements of a corporation or LLC and you are prepared to handle it. I did like how well Arise was organized as far as learning went. I did not get ripped off in anyway by this company, although I had some issues getting some refunds. But I must say the upper management is great! I guess it just depends on what you need and really what you want.
To be completely honest, if I lived in a state where the corporate taxes were not so high I would have likely stuck with Arise. But coupled with the issues I had, and the taxes it was just not feesible for me to stay with them.
Good luck to you!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:13 PM
WAHM Regular

If there is any doubt I would at least try liveops. If you don't like it you will only be out of the $30 dollar back ground check.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Super WAHM

Arise you have to pay to work for them. It's like $600. Not sure about LiveOps. I don't think they were hiring in my area.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:52 PM
WAHM Master

$600
Old 08-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered WAHM

I have worked for West for the past year and a half and loved it but am not getting in as an employee. So I signed up for Arise mainly because they are almost as flexible as West in scheduling. For my state I had to pay $87 to become an LLC then it was $100.00 for the basic training now I am trying to decide which line to work for and each training could cost between $50.00 and $150.00. The pay varys from line to line and since I have not actually worked any lines yet I can not say for certain how well they pay however I can say that I have been told by several that overall it is worth it and you do make your money back. There is lots of information from more knowledgeable people than me at workplacelikehome.com. So if you are interested I would check there. Just thought I would let you know what it cost me, and the incorporation costs vary from state to state, but I was able to do it myself through the computer. Anyway, good luck! As for liveops, I applied there and was never contacted so I can't say about them but again there is lots of information at wplh on that company as well.Edited by: Graced
Old 11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermomtotwo View Post
$600
What is the $600 for?
thx
Jan
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedrmsofbeache View Post
I have no experience with LiveOps, so this probably is not a completely fair opinion. But from my experience Arise has a lot of fees that (for me) made the actual hourly wage lower than what I could make with other companies, the training was unpaid and lengthy, and I had to deal with corporate stuff which I'm still having to do and I'm not even contracted with Arise anymore. I think Arise is great, but it definitely complicated my life. They have some great clients, just make sure you understand the requirements of a corporation or LLC and you are prepared to handle it. I did like how well Arise was organized as far as learning went. I did not get ripped off in anyway by this company, although I had some issues getting some refunds. But I must say the upper management is great! I guess it just depends on what you need and really what you want.
To be completely honest, if I lived in a state where the corporate taxes were not so high I would have likely stuck with Arise. But coupled with the issues I had, and the taxes it was just not feesible for me to stay with them.
Good luck to you!

Well said. I have worked for both and I would say LiveOps. Arise has more clients than LiveOps, but the expense of Arise versus what you make, doesn't make it worth it, IMO. LiveOps has steady clients, per minute rates and opportunities for bonuses on each call. You control your call volume in that calls are routed to you based on your performance. I averaged around $18 an hour when I worked for them, between the .30 per minute rate and the "affinities" as they are called, I did pretty well. AND, YOU choose your schedule, not the other way around. You can work as much or as little as you want, as long as you commit to at least 1 block (1/2 hour) during a 6-week (42-day) period. This is how it was when I worked for LiveOps several years ago. Things may have changed, but I would still contract with them if I didn't have too many eggs already. The LLC entities cost and constant pay for clients with Arise is too expensive for most just starting to work from home.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Super WAHM

I work with Liveops currently and love it! I cannot say enought about them and how much I enjoy it.
They do not have any fees, you only have to pay for a back round check which is $50. I started in August of this year and it's the best. It is sooo flexible and you really can work whenever you want...good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Super WAHM

I am doing my first training for my first client. I did NOT pay anything for my acp101 or my client. (this can change from time to time, it all depends when you get in) The training is very lengthy tho. Right now I have unpaid training for five weeks Monday to Friday from 6 to 10 at night. That is hard since I am a single mother and have a small son at home. But I am making it work. I dont know much about LiveOps, but I do plan on checking it out soon. I hope it all works out for you and me! Good luck !

This ad will disappear if you login