Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Stella & Dot

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Super WAHM

CAbi mom, I finally experienced CAbi this fall. I LOVE the clothes. They are so Stella & Dot, I agree. The growth of SD is ridiculous and November was a record month in sales and promotions. I don't think that the company expected us to be THIS successful. That being said, I've had months where I was active (sold something) but didn't qualify (the amount needed to earn coaching commission if you have a team and business credits.) I looked on the FAQ for the Global Card. Didn't see anything about a minimum amount to use money. I've had a pitiful month with little commissions, but I don't think I tried to use my commissions that month. I've let my card get to zero, and no problems. ANyway, the spring line teaser is KILLING me. I cannot wait until Jan 9!!! Getting my $$ together to get my samples. Saying goodbye to some old pieces to make room for the new...

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

I was also with Stella & Dot. It was my first foray with direct sales. Unfortunately, I spent thousands on samples and could not get my business off the ground. I think it was too nice and trendy for the women in my circle! I knew this company would explode when I saw the branding and jewelry. I did not have issues with shipping or the card. The company does listen to the Stylists. Many big hitters in the direct sales world helped S&D with their policies if I am not mistaken. I know the minimums were based on feedback from leaders who had many years in direct sales.

I loved how customers could buy from the website so it was truly an e-commerce site.
Not all companies have this feature and customers have to order from a party. I remember Jessica describing the company as a "love mark brand" and I think that she has accomplished this.

Look forward to the new catalog!

Stella
Independent Stylist Rendi
Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Have you girls downloaded the hostess bonus flyer? There are some of the Spring items on it and it looks like one of the bracelets is a gold version of the bardot spiral!! That was a huge seller in silver. Also love the newest flower necklace, so beautiful.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Super WAHM

Cabimom, the new line looks hot. Did you watch the video? Mini Look Books just came out today, so I just placed my order. I'm really excited about the spring line. I have 3 shows so far lined up for January and can't wait to share the new stuff with them!!
Have you decided if you are going to stay on with SD?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Just wanted to jump in here and say, in Canada we do have direct deposit with Stella & Dot, and we too are paid weekly. Also, our free business supplies are credited weekly to our account.

A main concern with any direct sales company is that people will sign up just to get the discont. I believe this is why they planned to implement the quarterly minimum.

Personally I think there does need to be some minimum, at some point - otherwise, what wouldn't stop all your regular customers from just signing up, but not really growing any business and/or working their business at all?

I agree that they really do listen and respond to their stylists.

I worked for a different jewellery company for three years before joining Stella & Dot, and I really don't think I could find a better company than S&D

Anita
Old 12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Moya, I am seriously a CAbi junky. I bought sooo much of this last Fall line- it was a fantastic line! I cannot wait for their Spring line in FEB. I've seen their sneek peak video and it looks awesome. The jewelry they show with their clothes is so "stella".

It is so tempting to go with other companies especially when they have sign up special deals and you get a lot of jewelry in the kits, but you have to go with your heart and what jewelry you truly love and what your customers are wanting. I have had 2 friends contact me in the past few days who want Stella shows in January. I would be a fool to turn them down.

Last edited by cabimom; 12-29-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Super WAHM

Cabimom,
It's easy to get the itch after the "newness" of an opportunity wears off. I love this jewelry. There is just something about it that I can't put my finger on. And now they have this Diversity Task force formed to be more inclusive with the opportunity. I LOVE it! Not many companies think about how the opporunity appeals to other cultures. The e-commerce appeal, the social networking... Stella & Dot is ahead of the game...And then have the nerve to be on trend!
I'm so glad to hear you are still in the game! I thought we had lost you! :0)
Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I am definitely committed, I just signed a contract to do a Wedding Expo. It's going to be great!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabimom View Post
I am definitely committed, I just signed a contract to do a Wedding Expo. It's going to be great!
You are going to have so much fun! Be sure to do a search on Stylist Space for expos... there are many great discussions!! Have so much fun!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeemed70 View Post
Cabimom,
It's easy to get the itch after the "newness" of an opportunity wears off. I love this jewelry. There is just something about it that I can't put my finger on. And now they have this Diversity Task force formed to be more inclusive with the opportunity. I LOVE it! Not many companies think about how the opporunity appeals to other cultures. The e-commerce appeal, the social networking... Stella & Dot is ahead of the game...And then have the nerve to be on trend!
I'm so glad to hear you are still in the game! I thought we had lost you! :0)
Happy New Year!!
You are so right on Moya! I just love the Social Media aspect of this biz! Did I tell you I am doing a Social Media Training in Dallas at Director's Conf? Can hardly wait to meet Claire and Julie! You will join us next year! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!
xoxo

This ad will disappear if you login