Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Jewelry > South Hill Designs

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Default South Hill Designs vs. Origami Owl

Can you share with me how you are different from Origami Owl? It looks like you have all the same products. Why did you choose South Hill Design over Origami Owl?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

I believe products may be similar, but not the same. It's the same in any market where we have a Nook and a Kindle. Some people will prefer one, some the other.

When I chose South Hill Designs, I had never heard of Origami Owl. Because of that, I can really only tell you why I chose SHD.

I love the idea of telling a story in jewelry. I'm a writer so storytelling has always been a part of my life. Our lockets open to 90 degrees, which makes it easy to put your charms in and out. What I hear from my customers is that the quality is very high and they are really happy with their products.

I've spent most of my working life so far in corporate America. What I've found in this company is a team of people who are truly a team, full of positivity, and focused on growing. Since I'm an instant gratification kind of person, I do like the fact that there's no wait list with our company. You can sign up today and start today, no worrying about when that will happen. My website was up and functional 30 minutes after I signed up, and I was in business and ready to make sales, and thus make money, immediately.

As an artist, I don't pay for our awesome hostess gifts, that's all covered by the company. I don't know how other companies do that, however, I understand that often the consultant has to pay for those things. My last hostess earned enough in free products to completely build her own locket and one for her daughter with a few extras in addition. It's a great plan.

Everyone has to find what works for them when choosing what business to enter. For me, I've found the dream position in a company that's growing rapidly (I had my first promotion in 30 days and will have my second on in the next few weeks) and full of opportunities!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

One more thing to add--innovation! I love the innovation at this company. We just got 12 new charms today!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Banned

My south Hill Sisters have summed it up! i wanted to add that I was an owl in waiting for months. I did alot of research and I know it was the best decision for me. We have the most quality charms, beautiful pink crystal lockets and many many goodies in the future. We JUST launched and have room to grow and expand with it being so new - growing your team and bringing these beautiful products to the public. Please ask any other questions you may have!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Thinking of Joining

I am thinking of joining...My question is this something I could just sell online and at craft shows? I really can't see myself hosting parties? If I do decide to join what kit would you recommend the $199 or the $399?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Where are the hostess benefits and advisor benefits on the website?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

Another key difference is that we aren't experiencing the same "strike in China" that OO is suggesting, causing their products to be back-ordered until late June. We may have a few items on back order from time to time but overall my experience has been that they are very few and I have never been directly affected.

Heather
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Banned

Alot of differences...the biggest being we have 99% of items in stock and when we don't, it does not take a long time to get in stock. We have a supportive home office, NO wait list, over 400 charms, and I could go on and on. I was a DIW and am so glad that someone told me about SHD. I thought long and hard, reviewed all the info, did some searching and am sooooo happy I did not go in blindly!
I love shd!!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Went with SHD....

I am the same... I was tired of the waitlist and it has been such a great opportunity! Good luck with your decision, but it has been the best decision I have made!

This ad will disappear if you login