Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Health and Wellness > Skinny Body Care

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

View Poll Results: Is Skinny Fiber Working for You?
Yes 4 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Question New to Skinny Fiber

I started to try skinny fiber after hearing so much about it... I've been taking it for 3 days now and noticed a 5 pound gain, and 1 inch on my waist... I dont really care about that cause im sure it will come off... My question is, is it normal (or does anyone else experience) that when I take my first pills of the day (before breakfast) as soon as 25 minutes have past I literally get sick to my stomach like I am going to puke and can hardly get my breakfast down... but then the feeling goes away and doesnt come back with dose 2......and i also noticed it doesn't make me feel full faster, infact i seem to be able to eat more than normal....... I have had reverse effects with Herbalife as well....... Anyways is the morning queasiness normal?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to Mikayla

Hi Lindsay,

I've never heard of anyone gaining weight with Skinny Fiber... I'm wondering if maybe it's due to water retention. I eat too much salt because I love the taste, but that does cause water retention in some people. If you like salt like me, maybe that could be a cause since you're supposed to increase your water intake while taking Skinny Fiber.

Not to get too personal, but I'm also wondering if your bowel movements are regular cause the extra weight and inches in the waist could be from constipation. Skinny Fiber usually increases the number of bowel movements people have, but you do need to drink enough water to keep things moving (if you know what I mean). I've heard some people say that in the beginning it took a week or so to regulate their BMs because they were irregular for so long that they were kind of backed up. Sorry to be so graphic... just thinking this through.

Regarding the stomach discomfort in the morning with your first dose, I'd suggest two different options:
#1 - Take it in the afternoon (before lunch) and in the evening (before dinner) instead and see if that makes a difference. Since you said it doesn't happen in the afternoon, maybe your stomach is just more sensitive in the mornings.
#2 - If you really prefer to take it the morning, try opening the capsules and mixing it in some yogurt, then drinking water after. I'm thinking maybe taking it with food may help. I know we've had many people who don't like taking pills break open the capsules and either mix in tea or yogurt and it has the same effect.

Finally, regarding not feeling full faster, this might be because you're eating too fast. Everyone that I've talked to that has told me they don't notice the fuller effect has told me that they're done eating within 10-15 minutes. It actually takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register that your stomach is full, so I'd try slowing down and paying close attention to your bodys signals.

I hope some of this information helps! Since you had reverse effects with Metabolife, it's possible that Skinny Fiber simply isn't for you. The fact is, not everything works for everyone. However, I'd give it a good 2-3 weeks before coming to that conclusion. Remember, you do have 30-day money back guarantee with Skinny Fiber, so if you continue to take it as directed for 2-3 weeks and still find it's not for you then you can opt to send back the unused portion for a full refund.

Wishing you the best,
Mikayla
Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to HappynHealthy Send a message via Skype™ to HappynHealthy

Great suggestions Mikayla!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi! I came across this topic and I had a few questions. I haven't tried Skinny Fiber yet but I am very interested. I am about 100 lbs overweight and have many GI issues. My GI doctor has recommended that I increase my fiber intake to help with these issues so this product seems like it may kill 2 birds with 1 stone! What is the average length of time any of you have taken the product and are you still losing weight? Does this product have any affect on blood pressure and does it make you feel jittery or abnormal in any way? Many of you have very good things to say about the product so any feedback you can give me would be great! Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Skinny Fiber is awesome. Iam currently on my 17th day and I'm down nearly 8lbs ....... I have more energy than I have had in years... what a great product
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered WAHM

At my fortieth birthday, my body and hormones began to change and I gained eighty pounds, despite my efforts to lose weight I couldn't. I was sick and tired all the time, I was so weak at times that I could not move around. I would be hospitalized at least twice a year (heart problems, asthma, pneumonia, blood pressure, diabetes) I gave up on dieting and exercising and excepted me as I was, until this year.

I've been taking Skinny Fiber about 8 weeks and my life has changed. I had to first learn to overcome hunger (I was always hungry - like I'd not eaten two hours prior) to match my desire to resist overeating and then changing the types of food that I consumed. Soon after starting Skinny Fiber my appetite was under control and I ate less of what was on my plate. Being free from those terrible hunger pangs allowed me the opportunity to consciously think about what I wanted to eat instead of grabbing the quickest closest thing! I was, able to think about fat, calorie, and sugar content and choose better items.

I am 15 lbs lighter and feeling great. I do have a bit of a problem with swelling (heart problem) so I believe that I have lost more than the scale is showing. I do not have to take daily naps anymore, I no longer have Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms, I am only taking one (was two) medication for diabetes, and I have tons of energy. My clothes are getting very loose and my belly (which was very huge) is disappearing! I really wish that I would have found Skinny Fiber last year. Good luck to everyone...
Meredith C.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered WAHM

AllieM, I also have GI problems, but I feel very good. Many of my GI problems have either disappeared or greatly improved. I am still losing weight and my health is yet improving. My clothes are getting very loose even though the scale goes up and down on me (because of swelling). I have Congestive Heart Failure and retain a lot of fluid. I do not have any more IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) symptoms. Skinny Fiber has changed my life.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Default New to skinny Fiber

I just started taking skinny fiber a little over 2 weeks ago (monday will be 3 weeks) and the first 2 weeks my weight and inches stayed the same and now a few days ago I gained 5lbs without doing ANYTHING different...and I thought it was just the scale but I still have those 5lbs staying with me...I'm very very frustrated and discourgaed...I drink a gal of water a day and im NOT over eating..there is NO reason for me to gain 5lbs and gain it in only a day...
Can anyone please let me know if they have experience this or heard anyone who has any tips, advice, comments etc would be greatly appreicated...
Thanks, Crystal
P.S. I have NOT gained weight in months so this is NOT normal for me
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Default New to skinny Fiber

I just started taking skinny fiber a little over 2 weeks ago (monday will be 3 weeks) and the first 2 weeks my weight and inches stayed the same and now a few days ago I gained 5lbs without doing ANYTHING different...and I thought it was just the scale but I still have those 5lbs staying with me...I'm very very frustrated and discourgaed...I drink a gal of water a day and im NOT over eating..there is NO reason for me to gain 5lbs and gain it in only a day...
Can anyone please let me know if they have experience this or heard anyone who has any tips, advice, comments etc would be greatly appreicated...
Thanks, Crystal
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered WAHM

New to skinny Fiber
Thanks, Crystal

This ad will disappear if you login