Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Jewelry > Silpada

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Silpada vs. Stella & Dot

Hi ladies,

I am trying to decide between Silpada and Stella & Dot and I need help in making that decision. I love the jewelry from both companies and am having a tough time making up my mind. I noticed that Silpada never has any monthly specials like S&D does. Any reason for that? Can you ladies share with my why you would choose Silpada over S&D and any other things I should think about?

Thanks for your help.

Paula
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Paula!

How exciting that you are deciding to start your own jewelry business!

Silpada and Stella & Dot both have fun designs and from what I have heard, S&D is a great company. The key difference is that Silpada sells solid sterling silver jewelry - nothing is plated. Silpada's jewelry is hip-classic, which means that while they are "on trend," the jewelry is not "trendy" and will not go out of style in one season. The pieces come with a lifetime manufacturer's direct warranty against defects, which is very easy to deal with - no return shipping or restocking fees for either customers or reps. The company provides prepaid shipping labels for returns.

Stella & Dot has some sterling silver pieces, but mostly focuses its line on what I describe as "fashion jewelry." It's jeweler's brass plated with silver or gold, and is intended more to last a season or two than to be a lifelong piece.

Which jewelry you prefer is really up to your taste! I have very sensitive skin, so I try to avoid plated jewelry, plus I like the versatility of Silpada's jewelry line. There are pieces for women with every sort of style, from dainty to bold. And, when you compare prices to other sterling silver jewelry companies, the pieces are priced really well.

To answer your question about customer specials, what I can tell you is this: Silpada has been around for 15 years, and has tried many many things, and when it comes down to it, they run the business in a way that helps ensure our success. A key point to that is not to discount the jewelry except for business-building activities.

There are not customer specials promoted by the company, but that gives us the flexibility to do our own specials based on what we want to reward. I know women who give a polishing cloth or jewelry roll with an order of a certain size, reward hostesses with a bonus $25 in free jewelry for turning in a guest list on time, or do a raffle for free earrings or free shipping for guests at the party. I have rewarded large orders, people who bring guests, people who try on lots of jewelry - whatever fits what I am trying to accomplish at that party. And not having company-led sales doesn't seem to hurt our business. Our national party average is $1,000 in sales.

Silpada is a fantastic company with very low rep costs - the company pays for credit card processing, our website, hostess benefits, etc. We get unlimited free training and coaching, and there is a LOT of it available, including an entirely online training program called Silpada University AND weekly tele-conferences. We have NO minimums to remain active or retain your recruits.

New reps can earn an unlimited amount of free jewelry in their first 100 days. And right now, there is an incentive called "Destination Fabulous," which I would love to explain to you, but can't on this message board because it includes discussion of compensation (but I'd be happy to explain in a private message or email).

If I were in your position, I would make sure you look at jewelry for both companies in person, and have a discussion with a potential sponsor from each company to get your questions answered and understand what drives their business success and what they love about their company.

If there are any other questions I can answer for you about Silpada Designs, please ask, or message me!

This ad will disappear if you login