Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Miscellaneous Professions > Psychic Readers

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Ask Now & Circle of Stars

Does anyone here work for either (or both)? Are these two sites related? Whats the call volume, customers, and compensation like?

Any info would be appreciated?

PS: I think I applied to CS a while back and they were paying too little for me at the time....with the economy today, well...we all know that story lol...

E.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Super WAHM

Ask Now appears to let you set your own rates. I looked that site over though and I can't see where to apply as an expert. There's a client application, but no expert application that I could find.

Circle of Stars takes you directly to the Expert sign up page, even when you select everything after circleofstars.com and clear it out, it takes you to sign up as an expert.

The fact that I could not find any information about rates or fees or traffic on either site, and that one site forced my browser to take me to a certain page, does not bode well for either site.

Circle of Stars has this disclaimer you must check off, "I swear, under penalty of perjury that I possess psychic/clairvoyant gifts and I have experience as an intuitive counselor, tarot reader, astrologer or psychic." They have a space for one reference with Name, Phone, Years Known, and Relationship boxes as well. That seems a bit much, in my opinion, as they are an online service that provides entertainment in the form of readings to their clients,

Hope I was able to help answer your questions.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardenofMagick View Post
Ask Now appears to let you set your own rates. I looked that site over though and I can't see where to apply as an expert. There's a client application, but no expert application that I could find.

Circle of Stars takes you directly to the Expert sign up page, even when you select everything after circleofstars.com and clear it out, it takes you to sign up as an expert.

The fact that I could not find any information about rates or fees or traffic on either site, and that one site forced my browser to take me to a certain page, does not bode well for either site.

Circle of Stars has this disclaimer you must check off, "I swear, under penalty of perjury that I possess psychic/clairvoyant gifts and I have experience as an intuitive counselor, tarot reader, astrologer or psychic." They have a space for one reference with Name, Phone, Years Known, and Relationship boxes as well. That seems a bit much, in my opinion, as they are an online service that provides entertainment in the form of readings to their clients,

Hope I was able to help answer your questions.
"Under penalty of perjury" is awfully strong language considering this is an unregulated industry and there isn't really a way to prove that one is or isn't psychic! I doubt they have any legal standing to actually be making that statement.

Now, as for pay rates, etc... If I remember correctly from when I applied a couple years back, it's .12 per talk minute. Which means if you're talking non-stop for an hour, you'll make $7.20 an hour. Not even minimum wage. It may have gone up to .20 a minute, but that's still only $12 an hour, and that's IF you're talking non-stop, which probably is not going to happen.

With my private, in person clients, I make $60 an hour. Even when I was working Keen and LP, my rates put me at right around $60 an hour after their fees were taken away. There's no way I'd settle for $12 an hour, and I would not recommend anyone do so either.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Super WAHM

Circle of Stars may not have any way to back that statement up but I agree that is rather strong and over the top considering that psychic readings are, by law, "for entertainment purposes only." I'm not interested in working for a site that gives me a manager and doesn't allow me to set my own rates.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Angry Earn $2500/week is a scam

It took me two months to get approved at the COS (Asknow.com) I only worked for a week and been pretty delighted with my earnings per say--- which I thought that would be my profit.

I am in deep financial troubles right now and I thought that the figure shown on my control panel would be my earnings. Which I thought would help so I worked extra long hours.

They set the rate and they also control you.

The $5.99/min is a complete rip-off from the client's side plus an over slaving for the Psychic advisors.

I earned $3490/week for working longer hours with them and I only worked for a week, then it came to my mind to question their way of paying. I didn't read the attachment that they has sent me and I was so shocked only to find out that they were only paying $.20/min for the advisors despite of the $5.99/min charging.

$.20 cents????? this is like an online begging.

Out of the $3k plus earnings I only get $90 plus profit.

So, next time don't believe in their false advertisement and propaganda to earn $2500/wk coz this is absolutely a scam. No wonder their site isn't that crowded coz a lot of psychics don't really stay there for long.

Who would want to work longer hours if you're just earning $.20/min???? not even $1.99/min!!!!!

LP gives 50/50 deal, Keen is just for the call connections charges, though the bad side of that is you have to keep on bidding to be on top.

Asknow.com... better change your ways otherwise sooner or later you will be uncovered and bombarded with tons of complaints from Underpaid psychics and over charged clients.

Last edited by serenity2012; 07-09-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Default COS experience

I applied for COS a year or two ago, and was appalled at the pay scale. Also, they want you to try to keep clients on the line. I felt it wasn't an ethically sound enough company for me to work there. Given the current economy, I revisited my email exchanges with the company to see if it still looked unappealing to me now-it still does, lol. I am currently with Keen, which I love! I am fairly new to reading there-one year-and am a bit nervous about the buyout and all the technical difficulties other advisors have been experiencing. I have been shopping around for a second company to work for, and would love to hear your suggestions. I just signed up with bitwine but haven't taken any calls there yet-ditto with LP. If anyone wants a list of companies that I have been gathering I can post it here in another thread.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Awesome WAHM

Ladies, that is pathetic. 12 cents a talk minute. Sheesh. Better to work privately or partner up with a tea/coffee shop in your area.

Good luck to all.

Betsy
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 AM
WAHM Regular

I was hired by Asknow but had a strange vibe there. I've seen $.40-$1.15/minute advertised on a job board as of 8/30/2012 which is pretty much what they told me. I never actually started due to this really oddball feeling I had about them
I can find complaints about just about all psychic services on ripoff report but they seem to get the most and worst. Of course, many people have unreasonable expectations from readings.
They seem to love to block people from the line
And yes, Asknow and COS are the same. I was told Asknow recruits for several other services, but that Asknow pays the most. You will notice that the applications for both companies look alike. So, if this is the way you choose to go, apply at Asknow.
Of course I cannot attest to the fact that they pay accurately. I only know I was hired like it was some kind of dire emergency where they were desperate for psychics. I would think these jobs would be overflowing with applicants, so I don't know.

Last edited by SydneyS; 09-03-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:11 PM
WAHM Regular

OneSun.com is the site to sign up for both Circle of Stars and Asknow. I have to wait two weeks before either will have an opening
Old 09-16-2012, 02:29 AM
WAHM Regular

OneSun.com is the site to sign up for both Circle of Stars and Asknow. I have to wait two weeks before either will have an opening

This ad will disappear if you login