Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Miscellaneous Professions > Photography & Design Arts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to workingmamma
Default Back drops

I am looking to buy some backdrops for my daughter. We have mostly done outside pictures but looking to do more inside and set up a studio. If anyone has any sort of backdrops that you are tired of or advice on buying and saving tons of money on this stuff I am all ears!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

Check out Cowboystudio.com I have heard great things about them and they have complete kits ranging from 200 and up. The 200 dollar kit comes with a white background, stand for the background, and 2 full umbrella setups (umbrella, stands, lights, etc.)

You can also pick up some extra backgrounds.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 AM
WAHM Regular

I second the recommendation for Cowboy studio. I've gotten backdrops, lights, tripod and backdrop holder from them and am very pleased. Their showroom/warehouse is about 10 minutes from my house so it's super convenient.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Have any of you tried the picture editing link to the left... the before and after pix are amazing! The link is below in case that ad moves

Portrait Professional - Easy Photo Editing Software

Bonnie
Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
WAHM Regular

We can edit them like the ad shows so don't need that but do need backgrounds. WE have the stand and have been using sheets but wanting backgrounds that look like walls. Was hoping someone had some old ones they are tired of. Thanks everyone!!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmamma View Post
We can edit them like the ad shows so don't need that but do need backgrounds. WE have the stand and have been using sheets but wanting backgrounds that look like walls. Was hoping someone had some old ones they are tired of. Thanks everyone!!

Keep an eye out on your local craigslist, or a city that's close. People usually post their stuff on there as well.

Bonnie - I actually have and use portrait pro 9, I can do all it does in CS5 but b/c it's automated it saves me so much time on the back end when I need to do post production clean ups for skin, eyes, etc.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Tommy! I have been watching Craigslist too. I appreciate your help!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Tommy!

You are a wealth of info!

My daughter is in heaven... had never heard of the cowboy site and really wants lights and backgrounds! She said to say THANKS!

Also... thanks for your comments on that program - The demo of it looked really user friendly... but having someone who uses it give it thumbs up will insure that I purchase

Thanks!
Bonnie
Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonlady916 View Post
Tommy!

You are a wealth of info!

My daughter is in heaven... had never heard of the cowboy site and really wants lights and backgrounds! She said to say THANKS!

Also... thanks for your comments on that program - The demo of it looked really user friendly... but having someone who uses it give it thumbs up will insure that I purchase

Thanks!
Bonnie
Yes it is very user friendly, you click on parts of the face to identify where things start and stop (this is important to make sure its as close as possible to how the face is). I usually turn off the sculpting unless it's for a senior portrait, ad, or something like that. You can just use sliders after that for adjustments till you get it how you want it.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Photography Supplies

Another good supply house that professional use is backdropoutlet.com

I have always had good service with them for years.

This ad will disappear if you login