Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Jewelry > Origami Owl Jewelry

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Similariaties with South Hill Designs.

just saw an ad on here......it's the same product! who came first? I can't wait to hear the story from the ones who are in the know.....

Last edited by starbirdy66; 12-10-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Title was baiting.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

We came first... There will always be a copycat when there's a great product idea! Ours is such great quality there isn't much competition there was a lawsuit against them but not sure where that went.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Awesome WAHM

When you have great jewelry, it's inevitable others will copy . Before there was only Stella and Dot now there's Jade and Jasper, Chloe and Isabel, you get the idea. I remember Jewel Kade was in a similar situation when bCharmed surfaced. As for OO's lockets, actually these lockets have been around online and you can find independent sellers on Etsy selling them. There's another company too but it's an affiliate company, not direct sales. But as a party plan, no doubt OO was first to bring this to market.
Janette Stoll ~ #1 Direct Sales Leader ~ Helping You Succeed in Your Business
http://www.directsalesnaturalproducts.com
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I checked out South Hill before deciding on O2. I didn't see any true advantages.

While they offer an entry level "kit" at $29, and all their kits include 3 month subscriptions to your website and back office (which at $10 a month, theres your entry level kit cost) their commission structure leaves MUCH to w desired. Commissions ranged from 20%-40% and is extremely confusing. Add that to significantly fewer options in charms & dangles. Their lockets do come with chains, but with the commission structure it looks like a wash on cost. The only thing South Hill had I *really* wish O2 had was a heart shaped locket (hint hint hint to the Head Hooters!!).
Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

Lol we had heart shaped before as well.

Actually a former O2 designer is the "brainchild" of SHD.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Default My thread about SHD

I started a thread about SHD awhile ago and it seems to have disappeared...a few people responded and then it went away...SHD uses swarovski and we use cz...I left a thread on the difference between the 2..Still love 02!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 AM
WAHM Regular

SHC was just coming out when I discovered OO so I looked into them, when I saw the pics of their charms up close compared to OO, I knew OO was better quality. I was impressed how awesome the tiny charms looked even zoomed in so close, the other company's look fine from afar but the zoomed in pics clearly show their flaws. I don't think there's any competition!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs down

Copycat? Hate to be the one to break it to you, but both Origami Owl and South Hill Designs obtain their products from the same manufacturers based out of China. So who's really copying who? It boils down to 'marketing'. Who's to say that one is better then the other. If you're happy with your company - great. But the bottom line is that they are not 'original'... just very slick at marketing themselves.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaViv View Post
I started a thread about SHD awhile ago and it seems to have disappeared...a few people responded and then it went away...SHD uses swarovski and we use cz...I left a thread on the difference between the 2..Still love 02!
I remember the discussion of swarovski vs. CZ. Many people think swarovski are better, but CZ are a harder material and are generally prong set, while swarovski are generally glued in. Jewelry crafters say that CZ are more expensive as well.

We have both in my company's jewelry, but it is much more common for us to use CZ than it is for us to use swarovski. After seeing how both hold up to frequent wearing, my opinion is that CZ is better.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz.jewels View Post
I remember the discussion of swarovski vs. CZ. Many people think swarovski are better, but CZ are a harder material and are generally prong set, while swarovski are generally glued in. Jewelry crafters say that CZ are more expensive as well.

We have both in my company's jewelry, but it is much more common for us to use CZ than it is for us to use swarovski. After seeing how both hold up to frequent wearing, my opinion is that CZ is better.
Thanks for the info Liz. I didn't know there was actually a difference between the two. I thought Swarovski was just the brand name.

Join my little team! Christine Burnside Mentor #12887 Http://facebook.com/LocketsByChristine

This ad will disappear if you login