Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Sales & Marketing > Online Auctions & Wholesale

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to khakigirl Send a message via Skype™ to khakigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnegood View Post
If they chased me away.. How many thousands of "potential" buyers did they chase away too?

It is not good business practise (in any business) to make your customers nervous about doing
business with you PERIOD......

You can't even leave them feedback without registering....Thats like Walmart saying sorry you cant shop
here, but we'd like to know why you wont shop here - but you have to shop here first before you can tell
us why you wont shop here.. again very, very, dumb

martin
I agree that they should NOT be forcing anyone to sign up just to look around. It's a little unfair and kind of creepy. I will be passing along your complaints. But if you want to complain yourself, you could post a complaint on their FB wall. I've seen lots of people do that. You can also email help@yardsellr.com. That's their all purpose contact email address.

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to ybnegood
Default yardsellr issues....

Thanks Khakigirl, ok to pass on my complaint.

I'm from old school...If you make it difficult to shop there - I won't shop there.

I attempted to complain - They make it difficult to complain

So that tells me they have ZERO customer service skills. I don't want to associate my reputation
with a site that quite frankly stinks

They won't get my business buying or selling

martin
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
WAHM Regular

The forced sign up drove me away from the site. i won't even do groupon because of the forced registration to even look!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered WAHM

We make it very easy to get in touch with us; you can always do so at help@yardsellr.com, and we will get back to you ASAP. We also proactively search for unsatisfied community members so we can help 8-)

We understand your frustrations, and although they are warranted, Yardsellr does not use your information for anything other than tailoring the experience to each individual community member. We also like having community members log in before browsing through the items because we award each new community member a $5 sign up bonus, and we feel that browsing through potential buys is always a little more fun when you are armed with an extra free $5 shopping credit.

There are millions of happy Yardsellr community members and we hope you can join in! Either way, we wish you all the best! -Ryan (help@yardsellr.com)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
WAHM Regular

So, make the referral only good when a person sign up and joins. Allow a person to LOOK around first on the site to see if there are things to peak their interest. I refuse to join a company that mandates my email address just to see what they may or nay not offer me. There are other ways to offer incentives and to have people register other than forcing it down their throat. Ebay does not even do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help@yardsellr.com View Post
We make it very easy to get in touch with us; you can always do so at help@yardsellr.com, and we will get back to you ASAP. We also proactively search for unsatisfied community members so we can help 8-)

We understand your frustrations, and although they are warranted, Yardsellr does not use your information for anything other than tailoring the experience to each individual community member. We also like having community members log in before browsing through the items because we award each new community member a $5 sign up bonus, and we feel that browsing through potential buys is always a little more fun when you are armed with an extra free $5 shopping credit.

There are millions of happy Yardsellr community members and we hope you can join in! Either way, we wish you all the best! -Ryan (help@yardsellr.com)
Old 05-05-2012, 04:06 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to KeishaWilliams

Just my little side note..

A lot of sites do this...in order to look at the 'goodies' or get 'benefits' you have to provide an email...that is part of marketing and how many successfully build a customer base, send out specials..all this you can opt out of but still have the benefit to visit the site itself.

Shoe Dazzle, Just Fab, a new jewelry one I can't remember...and other HUGE retailers do this.
Different strokes for different folks though. Nothin creepy about it.

I'm glad I stumbled upon here, I tried ebay, too expensive, don't like Etsy, and ecrater is cool but doesn't provide a lot of traffic like ebay does. Gonna give Yardsellr a try!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to ybnegood
Default to help@yardsellr.com

I'm sorry, but you have 3 buttons to click on at your home page
1. Login if you are a member
2. Connect thru facebook (not give us your email address to look around)
3 Feedback (which you have to have an account to leave feedback

help@yardsellr.com doesnt appear anywhere on your home page

I don't mind giving my email address to shop somewhere
your site asks for facebook information, not email address

You shouldnt have to register to leave feedback. Get true feedback and find out how many potential
customers you are losing.

There are choices that consumers can make, when you lose potential customers you also hurt the sellers
Let customers look and give them a pop up that says something like we hope you like Yardsellr
and if you join now we will give you $5 to shop or something like that.

otherwise, try a pop up that says don't go...we'd like to know why you didn't join

I'm already on bonanza, blujay, ebay, ecrater, etc.
martin
Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Yardsellr

I have both bought and sold items on Yardsellr and have had no problems with it at all!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

I am not sure why so many people dislike this site. I personally enjoy it. I just started 2 weeks ago and already sold 2 items. I am going to continue on. My mailbox does not get flooded every time I get photons, it just tells me when I sign in.

I understand that not every site has to be right for every person, but I hope not everyone runs away who reads this thread. I really like the connectivity with Facebook and how 4 of my items always show up in a nice little box on my FB page. I am someone who is on FB and Twitter a lot so the social aspect of it works for me.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
WAHM Regular

I hate that Yardsellr doesn't offer sorting by price. I bought some yarn there yesterday, but the whole site just seems so user-unfriendly to me.

This ad will disappear if you login