Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Sales & Marketing > Online Auctions & Wholesale

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Are there any other Auctions sites besides eBay?

Are there any other auction sites besides eBay that you are having a lot of success with selling your items? I've done okay with eBay, but my profit margin is low after eBay and PayPal deduct their fees, so I'm looking for an alternative to eBay. If anyone is having success with other online auctions, please share. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Super WAHM

I haven't tried this one but how about webidz.com?

Here's a listing for others: Auction Top 20: The pick of the best auction sites on the Net

Have you considered starting your own website? If so, you can take a look at pageBuzz Website Hosting. This way, you can continue to use eBay but then also promote your own store to the people who buy from you. eBay is a great marketing tool so it's something you probably want to keep using even though your profit margind is low.

Good luck!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Wensy (Wensy.com Online Auction - Free Online Auction Site) is a good up-and-comer. I've been playing around with it lately and am enjoying it. It is 100% FREE.

The bulk of buyers/sellers on this site seem to be for collectible coins and sports memorabilia, so it really depends on what you have to sell.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Bonanzle

Last year on August 30, 2008 Bonanzle had only 1,000 accounts / members. Now there are over 100,000 accounts / members.

There are no listing fees and low final value fees, free photos for your listing, and more.

A seller receives a free booth which is like having a storefront. Your items are catergorized with an index on your main booth page. There is also an instant chat messenger and a place on your main page that shows the ID of someone at your booth.

Listing items is easy and edit is always available if you need to change something on one listing or you can batch edit all listings.

The format is buy it now, best offer, or you can have a special sale. You are able to offered combined shipping with reduced shipping costs. Discounts for purchasing a specified dollar amount are also available.

Depending on your products, pricing and what buyers are looking for will determine your sales. Some sellers are doing very well while others are not. This happens at any site.

It would be best to go to bonanzle.com and read all the information for selling. The site is easy to understand and has enough information to make it simple to list and sell.

You also have a choice of payments, which is your choice which you would like to accept.

It is a friendly site and has a forum where members communicate freely and you can find advice and information from other sellers and buyers.

It is free to sign up for an account and you can have mutiple accounts if you like. This is good if you sell unrelated items. Then you could for example have one booth that you sell books from and another where you would sell bath products from. Remember when you sign up your user / account ID is used in the name of your booth so consider the name you choose carefully as it can not be changed.

Signing up, listing, having a booth is all free. There is check list for booth / sales optimization. You also will have a unique web address assigned for just your booth. There are premium accounts that vary in price and offer more benefits. I would wait until you feel comfortable using Bonanzle before signing up for a paid account.

It is true that Bonanzle is not a pure auction site but does offer more that most auction sites. This site is growing fast and will continue to grow. Check it out and see for yourself if you like it. It is just over a year old but it has the potential to be ebays biggest contender.

Thank you for reading this post and I hope it helps,
lilly
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Building up your own web site, then promote from your eBay sales. This is one of the effective ways to get some new revenue gradually.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs up

You may try this online auctions site.. where listing is also free..From last one year I am using this site to list my items..
Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Wink Absolutely!

There are definately better sites out there that have $0 fees, free stores and better customer service where an actual person responds to your emails! Check out
www.hubpages.com/hub/hhippiestoptenagaisntebay for a review of 10 alternate sites!
Good luck!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Re: Other auctions sites?

Amazon and Overstock both offer auctions for people like you and me. Plus, there's also uBid and Bidz.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Super WAHM

Default Thanks!

Thanks! You provided me with the information that I need.

Thanks for the amazon thing! I forgot about that one!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to KariC Send a message via MSN to KariC Send a message via Yahoo to KariC
Default Thanks from me too!

I just received my first jewelry inventory to sell online at auctions and was thinking about all the other auctions beside eBay so this is really helpful from me too. Thanks!

Kari C

This ad will disappear if you login