Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Miscellaneous Professions > Mystery Shopping

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to AlexandraRose Send a message via Yahoo to AlexandraRose

http://www.shoppingjobs.com
DO NOT sign up with them!!!

I actually signed up for their 3 day trial because I belong to a GPT site that was supposed to pay $4.50 for it. I figured, "hey I can spend $.95 to earn $4.50!" so i signed up! After the 3 day trial they want to charge you $15 a MONTH!!! So I was definately going to cancel before my trial was up but I thought thatI would at least check them out those few days. You are supposed to have instant access to tons of mystery shopping jobs. So I was suprised when I went to signin and it said that my subscription was already up!It was a PayPal subscriptionso I had proof of when they took the money out and everything. I e-mailed them right away telling them exactly what happened and the NEXT DAY (about 15 hours later) theye-mailed back with "try again". So I tried again and it still didn't work. I e-mailed them back AGAIN and theynever responded to that e-mail. Nothing at all, until I started getting angry and demanding my money back. Finally today, FOUR days later they respond with, "
Hi,
As per your request your Subscription is cancelled. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
Please note: As per the terms and condition Subscription fee is non- refundable. For more information please read the terms and conditions.
http://www.shoppingjobs.com/Privacy_Policy.jsp"

I tried to dispute it with Paypal (since it was a paypal subscription) and paypal won't respond to my pleas for help. My dispute was denied because it said something like no refunds can be given for something...and I am thinking NOOOOO! That isn't what I said was wrong...I gave them a detailed explanation of my transactions with shoppingjobs and they haven't responded yet.

So please please please warn everyone you know and NEVER EVER sign up with these scammers!

http://www.shoppingjobs.com

Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:54 AM
WAHM Master

Never ever ever ever ever pay to shop. You can find leads on shops and get assigned for free.
Sorry this happened to you!
Old 04-27-2007, 04:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to PartyGalGoddess

Ditto what Mom2 said. NEVER pay to shop. There is not a single pay-to-shop scam that will offer you jobs you can't find online for FREE or by signing up with the companies. PLEASE, even if it's only $5 save your money. The sites below have huge lists of MS companies and you don't pay a penny for any of the information or jobs posted:

http://p216.ezboard.com/bmysteryshopresources
http://www.msfreedom.org
Old 04-27-2007, 07:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Mom2 &amp; Angie gave you the best advice. I started my website years ago because as a scheduler, it just made me sick to hear people spending their hard-earned money on scams.

It could have been worse-some of those sites charge a LOT of money.

Sorry that happened to you.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

I fell for that one too - STUPID!!! I cancelled right away - that's why I hate those GPT sites...you always end up getting burned! I signed for a *free* video professor lesson, for $6.95 shipping - cancelled and returned it --then got hit with a $7.95 restocking fee!! So the FREE lesson ended up costing $6.95 + .63 to mail it back + $7.95 !!!! NO MORE!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
WAHM Regular

As the others have said, there are enough sites out there that give information for free. If any site ever asks you to pay for anything to get leads, run far far away.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Red face

I agree with all of you - with one exception. I have been mystery shopping and doing recall audits for three years, and I have found the leads on Shadow Shopper to be invaluable. I signed up for their one month trial gold membership for $4.95 & I made that back in two days. What I like about it is that it's by zip code, so almost every available project (not just mystery shops, but product demos, site audits, and direct-hire positions) within a hundred mile radius is listed on their job board, everything in one place with all the contact info.

They also have shopper education and certification for free. And you don't have to upgrade to a gold membership. Their bronze membership is free, and in fact, I landed my first shop with the free membership. You can receive messages from schedulers through the site.

I know I sound like a commercial for them, but I am one of the most skeptical, suspicious shoppers out there, and this site is legit. My one month subscription just ended and I'm seriously considering ponying up the dough to continue it. But at $29.95 a month, I might just go in and collect all the contact info I can before it expires...

Happy shopping!

Mama
Old 03-31-2013, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Good information, thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Registered WAHM

Exclamation Dont pay to shop!

Hi All,

I agree, never pay to shop.

Mystery shopping is when the shopper is rewarded for there feedback.
I've never seen a website actually ask me to pay for anything to be honest.

I've been using these two mystery shopping companies:

- Marketing Automation, Mystery shopping
- GfK Mystery Shopping

They are both very reliable and offer high rewards for there mystery shops.

Happy Shopping!

This ad will disappear if you login