Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Miscellaneous Professions > Mystery Shopping

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered WAHM

I just came across your posting and wanted to reply. I started mystery shopping about a year ago. I currently complete about 35-40 shops a month, work actively with about 15-20 companies, but I'm signed up with 36 companies and they all send me shops. I'm just too busy to accept them. Of those other companies that I don't usually accept assignments from, one of the companies always sends me emails about airport shops and restaurant shops not in my area. Recently, I had to fly out of town twice. So, I figured since I would be sitting in an airport for 2 hours anyway, I might as well make some money. I did a few fast food shops in one airport, a restaurant/ bar shop in another airport, and a restaurant shop during my vacation. Most companies are just happy to have a reliable shopper that is signing up to complete the shops. It doesn't matter where you actually live. I get emails all day asking if I'll be traveling anytime soon. If they can't get the shops completed by the people who live in the area, they'd be happy to have you do it for them.
Good luck and happy shopping!

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi there!

Where exactly will you be in July? I am a scheduler for AboutFace www.aboutfacecorp.com. I am scheduling shops in Hilton Head, SC for 15 minute timeshare evaluations. You will be paid $30 to evaluate 5 people and each of your 5 reports can get you a $3 bonus, depending on the quality.

Please email me at temika.ridley@aboutfacecorp.com if you are interested.

Thanks!!!

Temika Ridley
Scheduler/Jr. Editor
www.aboutfacecorp.com
Old 08-21-2007, 02:47 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boplicity
What a great resource this thread is! I agree that you never need to pay for mystery shopping information....there's a ton of free resources our there. These two I have found to be especially useful: MysteryShopCourse.com, and MysteryShopForum.com.

Cheers!
Please do not post places that ask for money to obtain information to shop.

YOU SHOULD NEVER PAY TO FIND OUT INFORMATION ON HOW TO SHOP.

Shoppers-Disregard the MysteryShopCourse.com Link.

Also, Volition.com is the BEST place to go for up to date information and feedback from literally thousands of shoppers. Edited by: Mom2
Old 09-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boplicity
What a great resource this thread is! I agree that you never need to pay for mystery shopping information....there's a ton of free resources our there. These two I have found to be especially useful: MysteryShopCourse.com, and MysteryShopForum.com.

Cheers!
Please do not post places that ask for money to obtain information to shop.

YOU SHOULD NEVER PAY TO FIND OUT INFORMATION ON HOW TO SHOP.

Shoppers-Disregard the MysteryShopCourse.com Link. </font>

Also, Volition.com is the BEST place to go for up to date information and feedback from literally thousands of shoppers.
Agreed, Volition is where I got my start in shopping and I went from there! On that site they have a great starter list of MS companies to sign up with. I think it's around 2 dozen companies but in reality there are hundreds of legit companies you can work for. How do you find the companies that have shops in your area? You really can't, so my advice is to sign up for as many as possible and then check their job boards/emails often to see which consistently do have local shops. I would also highly recommend getting at least Silver certified at MSPA - most MS companies recognize the certifications and prefer these shoppers that have gone through this 'training' process. I even took the Gold certification course when it came around locally and it was extremely worth it! I learned so much and now can tell all the companies I'm signed up with that I am Gold certified - I have received a noticeable difference in job offerings due to it! I love mystery shopping and will be doing it for years to come! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Becoming a mystery shopper can make you some extra money, but does it really give you a full time income? I have found a way to make money online fulltime.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:02 AM
WAHM Regular

My two cents on fulltime shopping...

Yes, it is possible, but (in my humble opinion) not probable for most people. There are a few major stumbling blocks:

- There are hundreds of shopping companies and, after hitting the big guys, you can sign up for dozens of the small ones before finding one that has shops in your *state* let alone area, which tends to have diminishing returns on your time investment.

- Competition. Some areas (like mine) seem to have shoppers willing to do 2 hours of work for $5.

- Where you live. You need to live in a densely populated area but also be able to drive in a rather large geographical area as well. With gas prices as they are, this typically works better in the coastal states.

Personally I think mystery shopping is GREAT for a flexible income as well as some perks (free dining out at some rather nice, though mostly chain, restaurants). I've found that it's just easier to pick and choose the really good shops and leave the rest to the people who apparently need the money more than I do. So, I bring in a few hundred dollars a month plus some free stuff, and with a relatively low time commitment.

Personally I also do other online work as well but that's due to having a job with a lot of free time!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for all of the helpful information on this thread. This is my first visit to WAHM and I must say that I've been looking into mystery shopping for a long time and now I have all of the resources to put it into effect.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered WAHM

HI All: I am a "newbie" to WHAM. I have spent several hours within most of the forums reading the wealth of info pouring from some of the most "with it" and intelligent people. I am impressed that you are allso helpful and encouraging to those that ask for and needit, and just in general. I am delighted to become a part of this community. Thanks.

I keep running into abreviated terms that I am not yet familiar with, so I will ask for enlightenment on occasion. First term I need to find out about is "bump" - term or no? What does it mean?

The areas of WAHJ's I am interested in are Mystery Shoppers and VA (especially manuscript typing and editing) as well as using my skills in composition. I will keep readingposts in this forum as well as others to get a good handle on where my talent and skills will best fit. If Y'all have some great ideas, pass them on to me please. (Yes,there's a little "south" in there - but I am transplanted tothe great north now.)

I look forward to reading more and learning all I can. Would like to start earning as soon as possible,and will be sure to seek information and advice from members when needed. Take gentle care. And thanks again.
Edited by: NowUCPepper
Old 12-21-2007, 07:26 AM
WAHM Fanatic

since no one replied to this, I will inform you persons usually just type bump to keepthe topic active. Edited by: sue311

Beijo Bags - where a handbag becomes a lifestyle.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the term definition. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread

Tags
stress is everywhere