Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Military Spouses

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Best job for military spouse?

What do all of you military wives do? One of the reasons I wanted to become a WAHM was because it made sense being a Marine wife. What about yall?

www.AtHomeCeoMoms.com
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thought I'd share...

I read your post....I have about 8 or 9 gals on my team that are military wives. I am a Team Mentor with Tastefully Simple.

Have you ever heard of us?? I would love to send you more info

Cara Hayden
Team Mentor

Last edited by Amy Jacobs; 08-22-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Super WAHM

I am apart of playgroups. Most moms are military wifes and work from home. Best choice as they are busy and move around a lot
Old 04-19-2011, 12:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Default I can help

Hi and if you need some help, let me know what type of work you are looking for. I can point you in some good directions. Just PM me.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to AbsolutelySpicy Send a message via Skype™ to AbsolutelySpicy

Hi there,

A lot of military spouse work from home with MLM company, direct sales company or affiliate marketing. Most of them ship to APO addresses.
You have a lot of Biz opportunity out there, it will depend in what kind of area you would rather work: health, jewelry, house goods, bath & body products... There are tons available!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinearmacost View Post
What do all of you military wives do? One of the reasons I wanted to become a WAHM was because it made sense being a Marine wife. What about yall?
Being an Army wife, I have had to find a "job" that worked around my three kids schedules and allowed me to still have time to go to their school functions and field trips. I definately wanted to create my own hours and set my own pay. I have joined Initials Inc. and am able to have most of my business done online. If my schedule allows, I love having home parties and occasionally have some parties on the go. It has been luctritive so far and been a blessing not having to quit my job just because we move. I love that I am able to contribute to my family and work from home. If you would like any information about the company I am with, I'd love to send it to you via email or mail. I'd be happy to answer any questions for you.

Kristen Newman *Initials-Inc. Creative Partner*

Last edited by Amy Jacobs; 08-22-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Default RF

I have 4 military wives on my team and R+F seems to be working well for them.
PM if you would like to know more.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I work for a MLM company, One24, mostly because it's one of the few that doesn't make you sell anything, or host parties. It's convenient for me AND for my family. I can advertise online while my baby naps, and since my husband is gone a lot, it keeps me busy! It's a win-win! I've been doing it for a few months now and it's totally been worth the time and effort.

Hopefully you find something you enjoy!

Katie

Last edited by Amy Jacobs; 08-22-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via ICQ to WineTastingWithAmy
Default Do what you love

Hello! I have found that when you pick what you love...cliche' or not, you find a way to make everything else work. My spouse is ex-military, however, when we did move around the country or I needed to take care of my son when he was a baby, I always found the resources I needed when I had to work from my home or leave him to go to work. I was determined to set my schedule up around my hubby and always tried to have a back-up sitter or when money was tighter, a friend or neighbor I trusted that I could call on. I use this same tactic now that my son is older and my spouse has been home with us for many years.

Cheers! Amy
Old 06-17-2011, 08:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Heritage Makers

I am an Air Force wife who has two craft shops online through Artfire, and one through Zibbet. But I am also a Heritage Makers Consultant. One thing I love about Heritage Makers is that it doesnt take up any room. Being in the military and moving this is a huge plus. It is a digital scrapbooking company that also offers digital back up of your photos creations, and business supplies. It isnt saved to your laptop, so no worry of computer crashes losing your work. The basic kit right now is a 50.00 sign up and 25.00 credit towards your first projects. You can also just sign up for a basic account for free, play around with the fonts and only pay for the finished project if you want to order anything.

Last edited by Amy Jacobs; 08-22-2011 at 01:34 PM.

This ad will disappear if you login