Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Mary Kay

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Default personal use consultant only

I am interested in becoming a Mary Kay personal use consultant, but imagine it will be difficult to find a consultant to work under since I will be honest in saying I only want to purchase for myself, family and a friend or two. Any tips, has anyone been a personal use consultant only?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hello eedoxies-

I sent you a private message (look in the upper right corner of the screen under "Your Notifications" - that is where you will find my message.

Loving Thoughts to All,

Pink Pea
Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 AM
WAHM Regular

You just have to find the right person to sign under. My daughter is a PU consultant so we can get our products for a discount and her director is a friend of mine. She gets a monthly newsletter to keep her updated on products and what's happening in the company. Besides that, her director knows that she is only buying for the 2 of us and maybe a friend or two and is perfectly fine with that! There are directors out there who are fine with PU consultants!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Be yourself!

If I were an MK rep - you could sign under me - I would be fine with that. In fact, I am going to be telling people that are struggling with money to think about signing up that way. Alright, I am also hoping that they will think about it and try to build a business and get themselves into a better position- but if they don't - that is ok, too. PC is there to sign up for!!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedoxies View Post
I am interested in becoming a Mary Kay personal use consultant, but imagine it will be difficult to find a consultant to work under since I will be honest in saying I only want to purchase for myself, family and a friend or two. Any tips, has anyone been a personal use consultant only?
Thanks!

I haven't had a personal us consultant. I do not know what one is. I use Mary Kay. Let me know what one is.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspirationswithme View Post
You just have to find the right person to sign under. My daughter is a PU consultant so we can get our products for a discount and her director is a friend of mine. She gets a monthly newsletter to keep her updated on products and what's happening in the company. Besides that, her director knows that she is only buying for the 2 of us and maybe a friend or two and is perfectly fine with that! There are directors out there who are fine with PU consultants!
So a personal use consultant give you the ability to buy at a discount?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne St. Clair View Post
So a personal use consultant give you the ability to buy at a discount?
If you were to become a personal use consultant, yes you can buy your cosmetics at a 50% discount. HOWEVER -- in order to maintain that discount, you need to purchase $400 of retail product to give you that discount for that particular month plus the following two months.

Say for instance you signed up today (August 29) and ordered $400 in RETAIL product. You will get the product at 50% discount for the remaining 2 days of August, plus September and October. If, however, you wait until September to sign; the discount holds for September, October and November. Once your 3-month period expires, if you still want your discount you need to order another $400 RETAIL in order to obtain another 50% discount for THAT month and the following two.

If you want quality MK products at a discount, you are far better off helping ex-consultants recoup their monies by purchasing products off them from eBay.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Super WAHM

Default have to disagree with sparkler for once

I don't agree with getting your product off ebay. If you don't know the dates you can get stuck with old stuff. and MK date codes are codes not dates unless it is an over the counter product.

Its easy to say well get a good rated person. I have personally sworn never to use ebay because I don't beleive in it for personal use products.

But it is hard for ME to buy MK. I had a MK lady that was supposed to show up on a certain day. She never did, and didnt call. OK, then I heard a MK person was going to be at one of those direct sales groups where they get together. The lady said you can order but we are going out of town and won't be back for a month.!!!

I gives up! I don't use MK anymore just too hard to get too. Maybe it's my personal karma but it just doesn't work for me. It's get product but now unless I am a consultant with a company or it directly like Beauticontrol or Paula's choice I just don't use it.

What's good about being personal use is the product is shipped fresh directly to you. Unfortunately you also are caught up in the MK world which is relentless emals from director and corporate.

I think this new ship direct program is great but it doesn't seem to be used much because most consultants want to see what they have got.

As a former personal use MK consultant and Beauticontrol consultant, I know personal use. I have been with both companies off and on for many many years because both companies have some of the best products bar none even vs dept store (overpriced with mostly bored sellers)

I have seen ancient products for sale with ebay and a customer doesn't know if they are good or bad, where the have been stored, etc. I can't believe the number of consultants who store their products in their trunk!!! I am a not talking about MK alone here either.

As I said I have had a long good and not so good history with the companyconsultants and directors but I have always said most of the products are great, good and very good.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Super WAHM

I've been doing this for 15 years now. I was so glad to see Customer Delivery Service happen. If I don't have what my customer needs, I just use the Customer Delivery Service. It's fantastic! Makes things a lot easier, in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEmMakeupMlms View Post
I don't agree with getting your product off ebay. If you don't know the dates you can get stuck with old stuff. and MK date codes are codes not dates unless it is an over the counter product.
The codes really ARE dates if you understand them. You need to ask your seller to read the code to you. The code tells you when the product was bottled/jarred/packaged/tubed. It would read something like B1229. The alpha figure (B) stands for the year it was manufactured. MK started using alpha figures in the year 2000 starting with "A" -- so in this instance, "B" stands for year 2001. The second number (12) is the month of December, and the third number (29) is the day of the month. So in this example, this "stuff" would have been manufactured on December 29, 2001.

I might have those last two dates switched -- maybe they put the day of the month before the month; but you get the idea. The year 2011 should be around letter K or M (the company skips some letters to avoid confusion).

Now where the consultants store their inventory -- that's something I cannot help you with.

This ad will disappear if you login