Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Lia Sophia

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Super WAHM

I'm in WI ~ and from the first meeting I had with my uplink and EVERY I mean EVERY meeting since it has been drilled into our heads EBAY is a NO-NO unless you are selling something not related to Lia Sophia.

We even had Kay Johnson come & speak to the area units and she even said talked about the auction sites & why it is harmful to our business.

Although I feel anyone with common business sense knows this soWHY would you do it?

I really do not believe she didn't know Ebay was wrong ~ Espcecially being in a group from this area.

I can give her the benefit of doubtfor the recruiting a little bit but the selling on it to me is like shooting yourself in the foot.

The I can get it cheaper on Ebay -statemnet at my parties is the one statement I really CRINGEat.

Also about Kims statement acording toour companies mission statement that was presented at conference this year "I AM THE COMPANY"in that case I need to look out for my best interests when it comes to the company.

Erika

Erika
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
WAHM Master

Kim, Bingo!! you just said the magic words - you would never do business with someone who was breaking the rules.And I applaud you for that. That is exactly the way we feel.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

However, those people who may respond to her ad on ebay DO NOT know that it is against the rules, after all she is on there. And when they sign up, then if she can do it so can they, and on and on and on.

Even policing the site bi-weekly does not always allow for what just one of us might see at a time that the company is not looking at it.

As I said, we were nice and tried to contact her before the company caught it and offer our "advise" and remind her of company policy. After all "newbies" don't know everything, might have thought they couldn't sell jewelry, but could recruit on ebay, etc.

It was after she did not respond to this that we took it to the home office. I know that I for one would appreciate someone taking the time to inform me of a wrongdoing before I had the company coming down on me, and I would take immediate action. So we were trying to help a fellow advisor. We are not on seek and destroy missions[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]we are out to help others in this business. And I'm sure that each and every one of us puts our time and efforts into our own businesses to make them succeed as you do with yours. I go onto ebay for various reasons not lia sophia related, or business supplies, etc. as I am sure others do too.

Not to be nosy and don't take this the wrong way please but if you are stating we should not be on other sites but concentrating on our businesses why are you on a lia sophia site?[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 01:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to krispyrice1230

Shoot, my manager tells us if we don't take care of our businesses, then no one else will. She tells us if we see something amiss to look into it and correct it, or report it. We as Advisors are not the "internet police", but we also need to take care of each other, and take care of our company's reputation.

Some people come to lia sophia from other direct sales comapnies and want to do internet marketing like they did with their other compnay. However, if internet marketing with that other comapny was so great, then why did they change companies in the first place?

I think our internet/ebay policy is there to protect the company, product, and Advisors. We all have to work together to make this company work. I personally think it is great that we as a community care enough about each other to help, give advise, and correct one another as needed.

Afterall, one bad apple can spoil the barrel!
Old 08-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Actually Robin I am a proponent for DS. If you follow my posts you will see tons of Kudos for job well done. I believe in that wholeheartedly. I have been in DS for 20 years and frequent many boards to offer advice or mainly Kudos. It's nice when someone whose not in your company offers you a pat on your back just as much as when they are in it. Also, These are public boards.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Kim,

As a new rep for lia sophia and not yet having attended a meeting, I
wasn't sure as to the rules of posting - not posting on ebay and I
asked in this forum a few posts ago. I had gone onto ebay while
researching the different companies I wanted to rep and saw people
buying and selling on ebay so I posed the question.

One thing led to another someone saw other illegal activity under the
ls name.... you know how easy it is to scroll through the listings
"just to see"....

So you see, that is how it cropped up here. I honestly don't
think these gals seek out rulebreakers to police lia but that they got
curious when it was brought up.

Just my explanation since I may have been one to prompt the discussion
and I don't want the responding girls to look bad in your eyes.

Deena

Old 08-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

Deena you are such a sweety. Me and Robin took it to PM's and I don't look bad on these gals at all. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
WAHM Master

Kim and I were not "going at it" at all[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] - and we have been discussing the situation via pm's. Deena, don't feel bad and don't ever complain about asking questions, advice, help or even venting on this board. We are all in this together and we will help each other out anytime we can.

but thanks for trying to smooth over a possible situation - it just shows how much we try to help each other[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I love LS!!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

Wheeew..... I feel better now!! LOL!!! Sometimes it is hard
to read posts in the spirit in which they are intended and I've seen on
other boards how sometimes people are misunderstood, you know??

Thanks for everything girls!!!!!!!!!!!

Deena

Old 08-15-2006, 03:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

We do have someone in the home office who handles this area, but she is one person and is working hard to keep up with the situation. So,I do periodically visit ebay and search engines to see what is going on. I don't waste precious time on it, but with the amount of time it takes to monitor the web, I believe it is our responsibility to keep an eye on things. If I see something that I know is against policy, I send the person a quick email to alert them and then forward it on to her.

I also monitor the net to make sure that none of the legitimate things I'm doing get picked up by a search engine. I would rather contact Mary Jo myself to tell her that it did, than have someone else do it or get one of those dreaded letters .

Kim I see your point, but I believe we all have a responsibility to our company to help keep things like this within the rules. I agree that we shouldn't spend an inordinate amount of time on it or do it to 'get back' at people, but I don't want to see our businesses harmed by people who break the rules...whether it's on purpose or by accident. The company will handle dealing with them according to their policies.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

[QUOTE=bsballmom]

I know that we can join business groups such as Dani, Harriett and I have and that we can participate in those business group activities and directories (we all checked with Mary Jo Hahn prior to doing this and got approval) but auction sites are listed right in the manual as a big NO-NO. So I just don't get it and probably never will.

Can you explain what you mean above about a "business group"

Thanks

Joanna

This ad will disappear if you login