Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Lia Sophia

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Ebay Lia Sophia

I have been frustrated lately with all of the lia sophia being sold on ebay. I had a couple of would be hostesses ask me why they should bother when they could buy the jewelry cheaper on ebay. I found tons of current items being sold and someone was even selling a copy of the new spring summer 2011 catalog for $15! Has anyone else run into this? Some of the sellers are listed in China but many are in the USA. I did call this to LS support several times. Since I have not been very successful the last several months with sales this is very discouraging.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Super WAHM

i found someone on ebay selling coupon books! she wrote that we take 5 at a time. i let LS know, then i sent her a msg about how she telling people we have to take coupons when we end up having to pay for them. she wrote back that it's only a small amount we have to pay & her friend always takes 5 coupons when she orders from her. i wrote back that we can physically only enter 2 & that her friend was having to pay the difference. well, she changed her listing to show that we would take 2 at a time, but she still sold them! she also sells the jewelry on ebay.

all we can do is explain why people shouldn't buy from ebay. also, LS recently won a judgement against someone in the US that was selling fake LS.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

Pam,

I have not run into this problem myself, but I have heard of it. The only thing I know to tell them is that corporate recently successfully sued a couple, not for selling actual lia sophia jewelry, but for selling knockoffs of the jewelry. I have looked myself and seen listings for pieces that were absolutely not lia sophia items. For me, the biggest thing boils down to the fact that those sellers cannot offer the Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, which to me, is a big part of the reason for selling lia sophia.

It seems like a big problem for the company is that, if one of us was to quit, we could go on ebay and sell off our stock, and there's really nothing to stop us from doing that. I do know they had been making it a priority to go after these people, but in a lot of instances, it's probably hard to separate the criminals from "retired" Advisors.

Just try to remember that one of the main reasons people book a party is to have fun, get together with their friends, learn something, and get a fantastic deal on gorgeous jewelry with a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee. Don't let those would-be Hostesses get in your head. There are always women who love and want to purchase our jewelry and want to be sure they're purchasing from a reputable Advisor. The only way to do that is to purchase from one of us! Hang in there, just keep asking, and don't look back.

I understand your frustration, but for some people, it's just an excuse, and if they didn't have that one, they would have another. Someone who really is on board with the idea of having a party, will have a party. Someone who doesn't will always find an excuse. Don't waste too much time on them. Good luck with your business going forward!

ETA: Wow, littlejeannie. What a jerk! I'm glad you reported her.

Last edited by AnneP; 01-16-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:28 PM
WAHM Regular

An interesting thing happened to me regarding the ebay issue. A friend of mine had mentioned to me that she really loved the Menagerie bracelet but couldn't afford anything at the time. I talked to her about hosting a party and getting it for free, etc... In the meantime, another friend and I went together and purchased it for her birthday. After we gave it to her, she came in my office and said she had a "confession". She had already bought one one ebay!!! She received that one the next day. She brought both of them in to school (we work together in an elementary school), and we were all amazed at how shoddy the ebay one was. It looked like it had gone through the washer and dryer a hundred times! She put both of them on and went to her classroom. Towards the end of the day one of the little boys walked into my office and handed me a broken bracelet with a note from her that said "ebay"!!! It had broken after she wore it for a few hours!
In addition, another friend bought a Roped In ring on ebay and it turned her finger dark green!!! the silver wore right off and it was like copper underneath!
I tell people about this all the time. It's just sickening that people are "counterfeiting" lia sophia. AND my friends learned their lesson the hard way.
BTW, both of them have booked a show in February!!
Marianne
Old 01-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Super WAHM

excellant stories for us to tell! thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
WAHM Regular

I too had a friend who had numerous shows with me order something off of ebay that was no longer available. when she received it the piece was all tarnished. I also know of a manager selling retired jewelry on ebay and coorporate traced it back to her and fired her. It should almost be part of a contract when you sign on that you will NEVER sell your jewelry on ebay at least Lia Sophia would be able to start sueing people and maybe get rid of some of the stuff on there.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
WAHM Regular

So is there actually knock off Lia Sophia pieces?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM2KSN View Post
So is there actually knock off Lia Sophia pieces?
read the above post by AnneP. lia sophia recently won against someone selling fake LS. also, i thought it was in the agreement that we would not sell on ebay or else we could be "fired".
Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Bad experience ordering Lia Sophia off of Ebay

I, too, have an ebay story to tell.
Last summer, a couple of my boyfriend's aunts wanted the same lia sophia pendant as I had. Seeing as I live in an area of the country that Lia Sophia can't be sold in or can't be shipped to, I decided to see what there was on ebay. I ordered a couple of pendants for a fraction of the cost, but when I got them, they were shoddy. I ended up having to send them back -- out of my pocket. The seller gave me back my $$$ without any problems. I learned a valuable lesson from this: Order from Lia Sophia. If you are not entirely satisfied, at least there's the money-back guarantee.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Super WAHM

I have had a bad ebay experience too. I used to be an Advisor with Lia Sophia. During my time with LS, I had a bracelet I loved (can't remember the name now). It was a silver stretch skinny bangle type. Well after doing a LS for awhile, I fell out of it and became inactive. I really wanted another of the same bracelet to wear together and decided to order one from ebay. It too, came from China and was a complete KNOCKOFF imposter. I never thought in a million years that there were people actually making FAKE LS! I figured I was buying from someone who just no longer wanted their piece (I should've read better). The fake one compared to the real one was awful quality and it really shocked me that this actually is an entire underground business. I hope LS gets them all!

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
ebay, lia sophia, low sales