Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Lia Sophia

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:25 PM
WAHM Regular

I seem to be undercharging the tax on the hostess' orders when I am figuring it out at the show. I usually end up paying the extra amount. With my last show, I am paying $13 in taxes that I did not charge her. She had an $1100 show with 2 bookings so I am fine with this but I need to know how to do this correctly.

For example, do the hostess bonus items get taxed and the jewelry credit that she uses?

Thanks for your help.

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Super WAHM

It depends on your state, but if they are charging you tax on the hostess' free items you need to calculate it that way. I'm in NC and I add up the regular price items (free items, but adding in the full retail price), any half price items, bonus items (at the bonus price) and shipping and multiply by the tax % (those all get taxed here). Then just add that in with everything else. You should be able to check your math against the summary page to make sure you're doing it right.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 PM
WAHM Master

In IL the hostess pays tax on the first 20% of free, the 1/2 price items, the bonus items and on the $15 charge for the second 20% (if hostess got 40%).
Go onto printables and there is a hostess tax chart that tells you what they hostess pays tax on in your state.
HTH
Old 11-09-2007, 07:43 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't usually figure up anything after the show for the hostess. I give a couple of days to put the checks in the bank to clear and let any outside orders trickel in. Then I do the hostess's order over the phone or via email with her, put it into the system and then let her know what the total is. Maybe this would help and keep you from eating the extra money?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:26 PM
WAHM Regular

I close all my shows over the phone and let AA do the figuring for me. I let my hostesses know they will have to pay tax and that the computer will figure it all out for us when we talk.

Sarah

This ad will disappear if you login