Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Jewelry > Jewelry Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to robynec

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz.jewels View Post
Yes, it does. A few things:

Silpada is handcrafted jewelry made with sterling silver and natural stones. It is more expensive than costume jewelry because it is not plated or dipped. Most of my customers are willing to pay a bit more for a piece of jewelry if it is made with sterling silver. I do know reps that have been very successful even in places like Michigan, which are very economically depressed, because people spending money want to get good value. (And, women hosting parties want free jewelry!)

The price point for Stella and Dot and Premier is, in my experience, pretty similar. Both lines are costume jewelry (S&D has a few sterling pieces, but not many), so they are great for adding an inexpensive piece of jewelry to your wardrobe each season, not expecting to wear it much beyond that.

I have some Premier from before I became a Silpada rep, and it was my opinion that, while I liked the funky styles, most of it looked cheap. I also had the plating wear off of a necklace I wore frequently. I have a nickel allergy, so there were pieces in their line that I liked, but that I couldn't wear because nickel is one of the metals they use.

I am not personally familiar with Cookie Lee's line, but if you are looking for something with a lower price point than Silpada and Stella and Dot, why not look at companies like Just Jewelry, where the jewelry is costume, but the price point is very low?
Liz I'd just like to mention that there is not 1 piece of jewelry over $47.00 in our Current Spring/Summer catalog. To me that is pretty affordable as well.

Robyn
http://www.DivaStyle.miche.com
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajewelrylady View Post
When "crunching" the numbers on potential commission, be sure you take into account any costs that you must cover out of your commission as the consultant. Typically any company that promotes a commission of 50% passes on at least some, if not all, of the costs for their hostess program to the consultant and that makes your net commission much lower. Also, ask if you commission is paid on full price or wholesale and if you get paid on any half price or hostess purchases.

I would also recommend looking at the average party sales of each company and calculating how long it will take you to make your investment back because you aren't making money until you've accomplished that. You'll also want to take into account the normal expenses of doing business such as catalogs, order forms, etc. Another important thing to consider is whether you can accept credit cards for payment and who incurs that cost, as well as a website for your business.
These are great points. The average sales from a typical party plan company are $450 per party. The company I represent has a national average of $1000. You can see that if two companies pay the same commission, the one with the higher national average will result in more income for you.

Then you need to consider quarterly minimums, hostess reward costs, supply costs (and how frequently they change), how much of the line is retired annually, whether the company discounts pieces on its corporate website, etc. All of those things influence your costs and can have a big impact on your bottom line.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to jandamom

Liz and Harriett make some great points in this thread. The only thing "crucial" is being able to actually make some money selling jewelry.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Cookie Lee Jewelry Has New Owners

I am an independent consultant for Cookie Lee Jewelry and I am very excited about the company adding Sunglasses and Scarves! It is a great time to join. Only $79.00 for the starter kit and the quality of the jewelry is great. The return policy works well and quick. You never need to make a minimum order unless you want to. Search Cookie Lee Jewelry Brenda Kelly in facebook to see. I love that I can order 20 dollars or 250 dollars worth of jewelry. I feel the new owners are going to promote Cookie Lee and it will be a better company with great options to sell some non jewelry items as well. Private message me if you would like more information.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I used to be a consultant for Cookie Lee. I loved the price point (make 50% or more) plus the jewelry is gorgeous. I stopped because of personal reasons and I was making money. My parties were always packed and I never had a chance to talk....people were too busy shopping. Plus all their jewelry are under $50.

I also love Premier Designs jewelry and was a customer. Actually because of your post, I did a search for consultants in my area as I still have a bracelet I bought from them over 3 years ago and it is still gorgeous....want more. Can never have too much jewelry.

Beijo Bags - where a handbag becomes a lifestyle.

Last edited by sue311; 07-12-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmontana View Post
I am an independent consultant for Cookie Lee Jewelry and I am very excited about the company adding Sunglasses and Scarves! It is a great time to join. Only $79.00 for the starter kit and the quality of the jewelry is great. The return policy works well and quick. You never need to make a minimum order unless you want to. Search Cookie Lee Jewelry Brenda Kelly in facebook to see. I love that I can order 20 dollars or 250 dollars worth of jewelry. I feel the new owners are going to promote Cookie Lee and it will be a better company with great options to sell some non jewelry items as well. Private message me if you would like more information.

I just attended a networking meeting where a CL consultant shared the products. One of the ladies modeled the sunglasses...They are really cute!
www.facebook.com/1405827246347113

This ad will disappear if you login