Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Jewelry Companies > Jewelry Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Questions to LiaSophia,ParkLane,Premier Designs?

hi
after doing lot of research my mind is sticking to PARKLANE i really like their jewelry though the prices are high but i like their specials.
Lia Sophia i could not find if they run any special for customers?though the jewelry is really stylish .
Premier Designs i could not find any catalog on their website?

i am looking for a jewelry company that fits the budget .That does not charge much for start up.That does not require you to arrange parties
That gives you commission on even min sales.That runs business showing catalogs to customers.that does not ask min or max to stay with the company.that does not charge any subscription fees over month or over a year.their web site should also process the credit card with no additional fees.There is no agreement to stay along with the company you can leave the company anytime you want with out being charged.
If any of these 3 companies that i mentioned in my title matches with my requirements i will surely go ahead and join one of them right away.

how much is start up kit?
what does start up kit include?
i am more like a catalog person and like to sell by catalogs do you offer catalogs in kit?
How much commission do you get per sales?is there any min sales to get the commission?
IS it really required to arrange the parties?
How do you get the commission ?
how much is min or max sales per month to stay up with the company?
is there any subscription fees per month or per year?
how much is shipping fees for the orders you place for customers?
what is the cost for having your own website?
Thanks
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Answers about Lia Sophia

Hi sohnikh,

I am with Lia Sophia and here are the answers to your questions:

Before I answer your questions, I would like to give you the 2 main reasons I joined Lia Sophia. 1), they do have great customer specials. Every month it is different but it is always "Buy 2 at regular price and get the 4 more at HALF OFF and it is your HIGHEST priced items that are 50% Off!". 2) They have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. Not only for manufacturer defect, but if you drop it and break it, the dog chews it up or you just don't like it any longer, as long as you have the receipt, you can exchange it for anything in the current catalog.

how much is start up kit? Usually $149.00 but we have a SALE in January and our start up kit is only $114.00.
what does start up kit include? Our kit gives you all the supplies to get started including catalogs, order forms, trays, table cloth, training DVD, etc, PLUS (the best part) you also get over $1000.00 worth of jewelry!
i am more like a catalog person and like to sell by catalogs do you offer catalogs in kit? Yes and catalog shows give the hostess all the benefits as long as it is a qualifying show of $250.00 in sales.
How much commission do you get per sales? 30-40% no matter how much the sale is. You can also earn trips and jewelry premiums which will help you build your display without any out of pocket cost (except shipping and tax).
is there any min sales to get the commission? No
IS it really required to arrange the parties? Absolutely not but that is where you will probably make the most money because you are able to get more bookings and the jewelry really sells itself when people can look at it and try it on. Our pieces are so much more impressive in person!
How do you get the commission ?Our company pays weekly by automatic deposit.
how much is min or max sales per month to stay up with the company? To stay active and buy your jewelry at 70% off, you only need to have a $250.00 party (including catalog parties) once every 3 months!
is there any subscription fees per month or per year? No
how much is shipping fees for the orders you place for customers? $3.80 no matter how small or large the order is which is a fantastic shipping fee.
what is the cost for having your own website? [B][COLOR="Blue"]$10.00 a month and you can set up party links that will allow people to shop on-line and pay with credit cards at no additional charge.

You can contact me if you would like. Sheri (909) 228-6621 or email me at sheriweaver@yahoo.com

Last edited by Elegant Expressions; 12-18-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Color was messed up
Old 12-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi
I also want to add that I have been with lia sophia for 3 years now and I believe we have the overall package. Our kit is only $114 in January and includes over $1,200 in jewelry and supplies. Our sales help us to add on very easily to our customers orders.

Plus, our hostess benefits are amazing. With a $250 party, our hostesses earn 20% in free jewelry. And when they have 10 orders and 2 bookings, they can upgrade for $15 to 40% in free jewelry. Then they get to pick out 4 $100 items and pay just $15 a piece for each. Those over $100 cost a little more. And lastly, they can get 2 or more (depending on the month) items at 50% off.

What I like most is the fact that I can sell to Grandma, mom and an 18 year old. There is truly something for every different person in our catalog of over 500 pieces. We have traditional and blingy pieces.

I do have to make sure that you do understand that although we can do basic direct sales and sell out of the catalog, it is a proven fact that you will make much more money doing parties.

Good luck in your search
Old 12-18-2010, 10:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi! I am a Park Lane Rep and I have tried to answer all your questions here that you posted..Good Luck with your decision! More info on Park Lane Please contact me if you have anymore questions... Thank you, Charlene D

how much is start up kit? At the present time $5.00 sign up fee. Your first $500 in net sales will cover the cost of the kit. You will need to do a minimum of $1000.00 in sales withing the first 4 weeks to become a Qualified Rep.

what does start up kit include? Quite a bit of Jewelry! Order forms, hostess order forms, alot of post card invites, alot of brochure invites, Catalogs, Bag to hold your jewelry, Jewelry rolls, guide to success, brochures and pamphlets. There is more, I just don't recall.

i am more like a catalog person and like to sell by catalogs do you offer catalogs in kit? Yes. I believe you get 8 or 10 catalogs to start off in your kit.

How much commission do you get per sales? It depends.. you start at 30% of your net sales..

is there any min sales to get the commission? Not to get your commission, but to get your down-line commission you have to do 2 qualified shows ($175 Net sales) or Sign on a new Rep.

IS it really required to arrange the parties? No, but this is a good way to keep getting new faces/customers to your business.

How do you get the commission ? They will send you a check or you can sign up for Direct Deposit.

how much is min or max sales per month to stay up with the company? none.. you will not loose your place, Once you hit a lvl you will always be that lvl and get commission as that lvl as long as you are maintaining the minimum sales of 2 qualify parties ($175 net sales) in a 4 week period. OR sign on a new qualify Rep. If you choose not to make the minimum you will not be paid any commission for your down-line for that time. So if you want to take a month vacation you will not loose your spot in the company only that month's commission.

is there any subscription fees per month or per year? If you want a Full functioning Website it cost $150 for a year subscription. You also get alot with this cost. You will get a box of business cards, website for customers to place orders, you are also able to place all your orders online as well.

how much is shipping fees for the orders you place for customers? at this time $5.50

what is the cost for having your own website? $150.00 for a Year. You get alot of extras with this cost. explained above..
Old 12-19-2010, 10:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Premier Designs

Hi - I've been with Premier over 7 years.

how much is start up kit? $395 to join Premier and you get the paper products to do a few shows (catalogs, sales slips, etc.) Jewelry is optional when you start. There are 2 diff packages, one is 70 pcs for $750 and the other one is $475 for 40 pcs. You can also just buy whatever you want at 50% off. You get a lot of free jewelry by doing a training show.

what does start up kit include? (above)

i am more like a catalog person and like to sell by catalogs do you offer catalogs in kit? Yes

How much commission do you get per sales?is there any min sales to get the commission? We get 50% commission all the time. Does not depend on your sales.

IS it really required to arrange the parties? We are a home show business, but you can be as inactive as you wish.

How do you get the commission ? We get paid right when we make the sale.

how much is min or max sales per month to stay up with the company? NO MIN OR MAX sales.

is there any subscription fees per month or per year? Yes, it is $350 per year to stay in.

how much is shipping fees for the orders you place for customers? $4 per customer

what is the cost for having your own website? N/A
Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned

Charlene D,

I hate to sound like a bad egg but this is basically what I was told when I signed up with Park Lane last summer and it was NOT at all what happened. I was told my first show would get my kit and when i fell a little short the rep would NOT let me order extra to make up the difference! She told me Park lane would never let me buy INTO their business if i can't make the show minimum and they aren't going to give just ANYONE that amount of jewelry!!

Not only that, I signed a girl that night and she did the same thing to that rep when she fell short of the 500.00. I could not even pay the full amount minus the show...I would be very cautious with Park Lane because they told me alot and delivered nothing and THEN told me that maybe this isn't the business for me!! The rep basically let me go after my first show did not make 500.00!! For real!! Can you imagine?? I had about 400.00 in orders that took over a MONTH for the customers to receive...and that rep was a huge director..

Read the fine print on everything!!! I will tell every person I know to go easy with that company. OH and when she told me that this probably isn't for me, she was at my friends house doing her show, called me and asked me to give back the 3 catalogs she gave me for orders...and the order forms no lie She didn't pack enough and literally wanted me to drive them over. yup.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Everything lia sophia.

lia sophia Jewelry:

What is your base commission for a new advisor?

30% commission on retail sales

How much is average start up cost (for those that have different levels or packages, please state those as well)?

$149 plus shipping and tax for your starter kit. Gets you everything you need to get started - jewelry and supplies. ON SALE IN JAN for just $114!

How many pieces of jewelry do you get in the kit and what is the retail value?

24 of our top selling pieces plus enough supplies to get your started with your first several shows. Jewelry retail value $1100

What are the minimum requirements to stay active? What are the requirements to stay with the company?

1 qualified show ($250 minimum sales) every 12 weeks. If you become inactive you will have 1 year to resubmit a show and reactivate yourself. After one year you would need to re-sign up and purchase a new starter kit

When and how are you paid commission?

Commissions on both personal and team sales are direct deposited weekly. Additional cash bonuses for managers paid out with last commission check each month.

Can you submit individual orders or do orders have to be submitted with a party?

Yes, you can submit individual orders and have them drop shipped direct to the customer.

At what dollar amount do hostess benefits start?

$250 in sales before shipping and tax.

Hostess benefits:

20% of sales in FREE jewelry credit
4 items at hostess bonus pricing (up to $100 = $15, over $100 is priced in the book)
2 pieces of jewelry at 1/2 price & the same number of off items offered to guests that month

With 10 orders and 2 bookings hostesses can double, yes, DOUBLE their hostess credit to 40% for only $15
Additional hostess benefits changed monthly.

Do you pay anything for the hostess benefits?

Yes, a $6 fee is deducted from our commissions for each qualified show we submit.

If you give extra hostess benefits, how much does it cost you?

30% of what we give. For example, if I give my hostess an extra $50 in free jewelry, lia sophia will deduct 30% or $15 from my commmissions from that party. No limit on additional credit to our hostesses. $10 per customer limit per order.

Do you earn anything on what the hostess gets?

Yes. If she takes advantage of her 1/2 priced pieces we are paid commission.

What is your discount to buy new jewelry samples? How many days are you given to buy new samples?

Minimum discount available anytime = 70%
Twice a year we have the opportunity to earn a one time purchase from the new line at 77% discount.
Twice a year we have the opportunity to earn 24 pieces of jewelry from the new line at 90% discount.
Monthly we have the opportunity to earn certificates for Free jewelry to add to our kit.
In the first 15 weeks of an advisors start they have the opportunity to earn $600 in free jewelry as well as another $300 for each new qualified team mate they bring into their business during their Excellent Beginnings.

Does the company have any sort of discounted jewelry for giveaways or other fun giveaways that you can buy from them?

Yes, we are able to purchase a 10 piece set of retired lia sophia jewelry for $35 each to use to promote our business.

Is there an annual renewal fee? If so, what is the fee?

No lia sophia believes in a ONE TIME fee when you join. That is it!

Can the jewelry be viewed from a website?

Yes, through lia sophia's corporate website and personal websites of the advisors.

Can customers order from your personal company provided website?

Yes, if the advisor subscribes to their own personal website. Cost $9.95 a month. Gains - online ordering, e-vites, e-marketing and more. The emarketing templates are awesome!!!

Can people join your team through your website?

Yes for those subscribed to personal websites. Otherwise, we can fax in contracts.

How much is your website per month or per year?

$9.95 billed monthly

Does the company send customer orders direct or are the items sent to you first for you to ship to customers?

You have the choice to send direct to a customer or to yourself. Any orders through a SHOW must go to the hostess for distribution.

How much is shipping on a direct customer order?

$3.80 per order

How much is shipping on party orders?

$3.80 per order

How much is shipping on your business supply orders?

$3.80 per order / $5 per case of catalogs

How long does it take for the products to ship?

1-3 business days plus UPS shipping time to address

How much are your catalogs and order forms?

$6.50 per pack of 10 catalogs/ twice a year we can purchase cases of 100 for $55.
Order forms are $2.75 per 50

How often do you come out with new catalogs? How many new pieces are brought on and retired from each catalog?

New catalogs twice a year - February and August. Typically about 1/3 of the catalog is retired, so about 200 new pieces twice a year. Gives us 400 new pieces of jewelry to market each year.

Does your company offer a guarantee and does it have ANY exclusions? (meaning can a customer return the item for any reason, in any time frame, and not get rejected)?

45 day cash back return.
Lifetime exchange guarantee. No exclusions. All returns are handled between the customer and lia sophia. Receipt required for all returns.

Can you sell cash and carry?

No

Does the company take care of submitting sales tax to the states?

Yes

How is credit card processing handled and are you charged any fees?

We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover direct through lia sophia. The advisors are not charged any fees for this service.

Who handles the returns?

Corporate office.

Do you have a monthly customer special or what other customer plan do you have? Do you earn money on any special that the customer gets?

Yes. Pick 3 Special available all the time - buy 2 pieces of jewelry at regular price and get your 3rd piece for 1/2 price. 1/2 price the most expensive piece. Additional specials for both customer and hostess monthly, generally 3 of something or mix/match are offered.

We earn commissions on all retail sales at regular and half price before shipping and tax.

What is YOUR party average-not the company average?

My personal average ranges between $675-730 per show which is just a bit over our national average. Some are lower, and some are much higher.

Do you start earning off your first recruit? If so, how much?

No. You earn from your team when you promote to a Unit Manager.

What happens if a recruit passes you in rank?

You would lose that teammate.

What is the minimum that YOU must do to earn off of your recruit?

To promote to a unit manager with lia sophia you need** 4 active recruits within the past year with $7000 per month team average with $2000 of this being your personal sales. This will be averaged out monthly going back 4 months. You must maintain these amounts to retain your management status.

**WILL SOON BE: 3 active recruits and $5000 per month in team sales, $1500 being yours personally on a rolling 3 month average.

As a manager your earn an additional 10% (or 40%) on your personal sales plus 10% on your core team. Personally promoted units earn 2-5%. Up to 6 levels deep.

Managers earn additional cash and free jewelry bonuses.

If there is a minimum sales for the team for you to earn, how much is that?

$7000 per month averaged over a rolling 4 months
(again soon to be $5K and 3 months)

Is there an Excellent Beginnings or Super Start Period for new recruits? Please give details, requirements, and amounts.

Yes, our excellent beginnnings runs for a new starts first 15 weeks of business and is broken into 5 week intervals:

Weeks 1-5 with 3 qualified shows and $1500 in sales you will earn $200 jewelry premium
weeks 6-10 with an additional $1500 in sales (or a total of $3000 through week 10) you will earn $200
Weeks 11-15 with an additional $1500 in sales (or a total of $4500 through week 15) you will earn $200

If you miss a level you can catch up and earn the next level.
If you bring new team mates into the business within your excellent beginnings period you will earn an additional $300 for each new qualified team mate.

Where can you sell (US, Canada, etc)?

There is a lia sophia US, Canada and Germany. If you are in the US you can sell and team build within the US and military bases. If you are in Canada you can sell and team build within Canada, likewise if in Germany.

How old is your company and how many advisors do you have nationwide? Give a history of the start up of your company?

30+ years old with about 27,000 advisors nationwide. Act II jewelry - Lady Remmington - lia sophia. Family run business. Named after the founder, Victor Kiam's two grand-daughters Lia and Sophia.

Is there anything people should be aware of about your company that they may not think to ask?

For any company you are considering joining be sure to do your homework so you find a good fit for both you and your family. Do not hesitate to "interview" as many Sponsors as needed until you find someone that is a great fit for you and your business.

Trips?

lia sophia will be earning an expense paid trip for 1 or 2 to Puerto Rico this coming year. Earn the trip and not able to take it - lia sophia always offers up a cash alternative.

Training?

Personal and team training as well as online webclasses and corporate sponsored training events.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:35 PM
WAHM Regular

KristenB,

"I was told my first show would get my kit and when i fell a little short the rep would NOT let me order extra to make up the difference! "

I am sorry this happened to you. I actually never heard of this before. Your order at your own party should have been no problem and should of counted toward your qualification for you to recieve your kit. I would count yourself lucky, because if this is the kinda person you would have been working for you would have been miserble. :-( She was definetly not the right fit for you. Sometimes there are bad eggs in the carton so to speak and she musta been the one. Good luck to you..
Old 01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned

Hi Charlene,

Thank you and it was a shame because I really loved PL jewelry!! My teenagers and their friends went wild for it because it was so blingy (in a good way) and trendy and nicely made. I have met several reps since and they have all been so nice. It's just the company that made me nervous. I wish you luck and lots of success!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Lots of info, but make smart decisions

While Lia Sophia has its pros, there are also cons, as well. Highly saturated markets because of the low start-up costs and also jewelry is not made in the USA. I know that Premier Designs is made in the USA and has a high start-up cost, but their commissions are at a higher rate. Also, Premier Designs jewelers are paid the day of their shows, so they don't have to wait on a paycheck. I am not sure about Parklane, as I have never heard of them.

Just be smart in your decisions and what you're looking for when you start your own business. Is it for part-time income or full-time freedom? From what I've seen in the DSA and jewelry businesses, Premier Designs is far above and beyond the rest of their competitors as far as what I would want in a business.

Good luck!

This ad will disappear if you login