Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Jewelry Companies > Jewelry Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Oh my Goodness!!! Silpada now is offering (as of Aug 1st) not only the 30% in free jewelry for a qualifying show BUT ONE PIECE AT 50% OFF!!!!! It just keeps getting better and better!!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:00 PM
WAHM Regular

that's great!!!

morgan dane offers any number of pieces at 50% off for any show, in addition to 30% of the show when sales reach $100. hostesses love this.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:23 PM

I am not a big fan of the change in Hostess rewards, having to have 2 friends book and hold qualifying shows to help the first hostess out, was a good incentive to book parties and keep them booked. The $50 in additional free jewelry is gone for any show held after Aug 1. I don't know how much I like this change, but we shall see. I had been offering a $25 booking credit to get more than two shows at each show, so I guess its just going to cost me $25 more.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:05 PM
WAHM Regular

I actually think it's a better incentive. I don't think that the hostess's guests are particularly motivated to book and hold shows that generate a further benefit for the hostess, especially if they're already aware that she has received a lot of free jewellery. On the other hand, I think they will be more inclined to book and hold a show if it provides a direct benefit to themselves, over and above their free jewellery. I guess I just think that people are generally more selfish than they are altruistic. Only my $.02.

TnkrblTree, I don't understand why it would cost you $25 more? I would think this would actually have the effect of eliminating the need for any further incentive to book, but perhaps I'm missing something? I'm fairly new to this .
Old 06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Super WAHM

Patty,
Thats great. 50% off any piece isbetter than$25.00 in credit when your talking about jewelry. I have the copper pearl set and love them.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I too, love the new host incentive! It will reward those who book a show, giving them one more reason to book.

Now that current hostess will not get the extra $50 for having 2 qualified bookings from their show, I plan on letting them get one item at 30% off from each show booked from theirs. Plus, if2 qualified show are booked from my hostess' I will still give them $50 in FREE jewelry, too. So that's an even better deal for them!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:09 AM

I currently offer a $25 credit to my Current hostess to use at any party booked from hers. I do this because the previous incentive only gave credit to get two friends to book and I was having difficulty booking beyond the two (as the question was this benefits Sue how?). WIth the 50% off any one piece thats great for people who are booking to save money, it will however go unused for the Hostesses that book only for the free, and I have had a lot of ladies on pay S&H and not spend a dime over the free they earn.

I have seen this trend in a few DS companies. It used to be an incentive to help a friend get more free by booking and holding a show, now the incentive is only to the booking hostess and there is no guilt to hold her show (i.e. Sue is going to miss out on $50 more in free jewelry if I don't hold a qualifying show v. I don't feel like it, so the only person losing out here is me)

I guess this is one we will simply have to see how it works out for Consultants. I can see were it would be exciting to an individual who wants a $200 piece, but doesn't want to spend $200, but to the woman who can only get the free jewelry its not so exciting, I guess she could offer it to a friend, but that would cost her a sale and less free credit.

As I said we will have to wait to see how this goes.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Cheryl, I love your idea about the 30% off item for every party booked. I have to admit I am a little weary about the $50.00 free jewelry though, especially if the parties don't stick. I would love to hear how that part works out for you once we get into August and September.

I have been doing this incentive for a few months now: "Have your guest list back to me by xxx date and get one piece of jewelry at 30% off." I even have little stickers on the hostess packets.

This has worked wonders for getting guest lists in a timely manner.

Just another idea to throw out there.

Jenn
Old 06-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Super WAHM

I think the 50% item is a great incentive. they get the hostess credits, but I'd use the 50% item when she(the new hostess)holds her show on her orignal date and gets the guest list back to you.
All of the companies have such great hostess rewards, but with PL there are SO Many, I attach a task to each one, hold on the orginal date, book with in a week, and get that guest list back to me.Edited by: KMaher
Old 06-23-2008, 06:51 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Jenn ~
I will give them $50 in FREE jewelryAFTER both shows booked from theirs, end up qualifed. That way the hostess is still invested in helping her friends have great shows!

I like the 30% off one piece, for getting the guest list back...I may just have to try that myself.

This ad will disappear if you login