Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Jamberry Nails

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Salon owner may want to sign up..

I have a friend that is a salon owner that is thinking about signing up, but she is not a licensed manicurist..she strictly just does hair. since I know we can't sell from a store but can have a display..how would she do this? I know she could have inventory at her house but not at her business.
I really would love for her to sign up but I don't know how she could go about doing it fairly?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Super WAHM

She would not be able to apply the shields unless she is licensed for nails nor could she have a display (of nail shields for sale) in her salon. However, she could wear her nail shields and tell every one of her clients about them..showing them a catalog and such. She could even hang one of the new promo fliers we have in our back office. She has a captive audience! I bet she'll do awesome!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

Your friend, who owns a salon, if she has a cosmetology license which I'm assuming she has then yes she can do nails, she probably wont be as knowledgeable as a nail tech but she can apply Jamberry Nail Shields at home parties. She can also offer the service at her saon providing that she becomes proficient enough to do a basic manicure she would set the price for the manicure and then the application of the sheilds would be an add on. Say $3 a nail /$10-15 for the full set.

As far as displaying the product in the salon, the above post is correct. You can have a poster up, catalogs but actual sales can not be done in the salon.

I'm really tired so I hope this made sence and was helpful to you, but yeah have your friend check her state cosmo board and if she is a licensed cosmo everything beauty she can do, that does not mean that she knows how to do it because in beauty school the main focus is on hair so they dont spent enough time on face and nails, you have to take continuing ed for that.
Ok way past my bedtime.

Maggie
Old 02-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Super WAHM

I think that the rules regarding cosmetology may vary by state. People in PA who are licensed to do just nails can't touch hair, and I'm pretty sure it's the same vice versa.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

I think you are right the laws may vary from state to state, she should check her state board to see if she can do nails. In Pa if you have a nail tech license, limited license, then you are limited to practice nails only but if you hold a cosmetology license then you are not limited to any one thing, you can do hair, nails, facials, makeup etc.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 AM
WAHM Regular

thanks so much eveyone! I think she is going to sign up! YA!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered WAHM

You are welcome and Congrats!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Super WAHM

Yay! That's awesome news!

This ad will disappear if you login