Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Introduce yourself & miscellaneous talk

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Super WAHM

I have a unique situation. I need to obtain a PO Box in another state, prior to getting there. I will be in town for one specific time frame and need to give out my Box # now so that they mail will be there for me when I arrive.I cant just have the mail sent to me here, it will take a while to arrive and I need it shipped there. I read that you can get a PO Box in another state but as I understand it, you cannot open one unless you are present to show identification. I can understand this due to security or privacy issues. I wouldnt need the key until the day I arrive and could show my identification. Simply want to arrange the Box and pay for it so I can start receiving mail there.So have any of you been in a situation where you have gotten one out of state? What company did you use? I have tried The UPS Store and Mail Boxes Etc. and am waiting for responses from them and the Post Office. Just anxious to figure this out. Thanks![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 AM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Somebunny

Most of those places will make you pay a 6-month rental, which seems like a waste of money when it can be used elsewhere. Do you have anyone who could just overnight the mail to you or priority mail it to you? How long will you be there?

<font color=RED>Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we\'re here we might as well dance!</font>
Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to honeygirl

You can try Postnet. We used to use them but I don't know for sure if the person's name it was under ever physically went in to the location or not, but worth a shot.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Super WAHM

I probably would just need the box for 1 month, but may decide to keep it for another business that my DH has. He frequently travels to the area and may need an address there anyway.

Thanks, Jacqueline, I will check them out too! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

This ad will disappear if you login