Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Introduce yourself & miscellaneous talk

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Single mom seeking supplemental WAH employment. HELP!

Hey Everyone and Happy 4th of July...I just registered to this forum but have previewed the happenings on this board for a while now.

I'm a single parent and would love to find a WAH data entry or answering phone operator position that I could obtain to supplement my income. Anyone have any ideas that doesn't involve investing $?

Just as an FYI: I have done wah jobs in the past...My most recent was a project on Odesk.

By the Way for anyone residing in or near Fort Worth, TX ... I found this job on monster.com:

DATA ENTRY/CHILD ID CARD PRODUCTION
About the Job

Successful, 19 year old child I.D. company is seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual for data entry and child ID card production.

The competent individual MUST:

•Type a minimum of 85 wpm •Submit a typing test report along with resume (typingtest.com) •Possess strong computer and time management skills
•Have high speed internet access and email on home computer •Have voice mail on home or cell phone
•Not have a second job •Live in the Fort Worth metroplex •Successfully pass a background check •Be prepared to take a drug test
The individual will work at home, using company equipment.

Since this is seasonal work, the hours are approximately 35-40 per week mid-August through December; 15 per week in January and February. Ideal for someone with school age children.

The pay is on a per piece rate, and translates to approximately $12.50 (or more) per hour.

Training begins first week in August.

Serious applicants may email resumes to debra@positive-proof.com .

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Amy Jacobs Send a message via Yahoo to Amy Jacobs

Hi there welcome I would check out the telecommute folder
Old 07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you, Amy. I'll make sure to do just as you suggested. As I stated, I'm new here so I don't even know if I'm posting in the correct area.

Have a BLESSED 4th
Old 07-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Sonya,

Welcome to WAHM.com!

I know it's not telephone work, but have you thought about freelance writing? After trying on several work at home careers, I have successfully been running my own business as a web copy writer for 3 years. I find that it works great becuase it's super flexible, doesnt require a quiet background (great for Moms) and pays better than many of the other careers I've tried. Check out the 'WAHM's Who Write' folder for leads.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for the in-sight on a wah prospective.

I'll have to check it out and see how it goes.

It's been really hectic for me these past few years raising my daughter, working f/t and going to school but I'm trusting in God to see me through.

Thankfully, in addition to God, I have the support of family/friends to help when I'm down and out. And it helps having a teenage daughter who is quite cooperative compared to some of her peers. She's on the honor roll at school and almost as a 4.0 GPA entering her 1st year of High School.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Sonya
You are at the right place. You should check out WAHM's work at home listing here:
Work at Home Job Listings - WAHM.com
They have a lot of nice jobs.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
WAHM Master

I'm a single Mom too so just wanted to pop in and say
Welcome to the boards!

Though it's not what you are looking for, just wanted to say that Le Bella Basktes ( in my siggy) is something you can do part time online and La Bella supports single Moms with their basket of Hope program (details on site)

Have a great week!

~Debra
Old 07-06-2010, 05:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Writer or Virtual Assitant?

Really depends on what your skills are, but I've come acoss two new opportunites recently.

While networking I have come across a numbe of women operating from home as virtual assistants. They sometimes have specialities but often are pretty organised and good with microsoft word etc.

The other idea which I know moms are using is signing up and winning writing, designing etc. work on elance.com and guru.com

Worth checking out.

Babs.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:15 AM
WAHM Regular

Babs is right about the Virtual Assistants. Providing you have good computer skills you would be eligible to become a VA. There are about 30 different forums around the world for this industry - some do cost to join, others are free. But the important thing is you'd be mixing and mingling with those who are already doing this line of work so you would learn a great deal from them. And if you're fortunate some may take you under their wing and outsource work to you.

I've been a VA for over 16 years and have brought up 5 daughters during that time. I feel so blessed that I've been able to work at home all that time. My girls are now grown up.

Kathie
Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 AM
WAHM Fanatic

hi an welcome. Definintely visit the telecommuting moms thread, there's also writing, editing, transcribing folder. Data entry can be hard to come by, have you though about Google rating? I post job leads in telecommuting moms and on my blog almost daily. PM me if can be of help.

This ad will disappear if you login