Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Introduce yourself & miscellaneous talk

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to lizsmith
Default Are VHS Tapes Worth Anything?

The kids and I went through all of their old videos and now have about 4 bags full to get rid of. Should I bother trying to sell them on ebay? Does anyone think VHS tapes are worth anything anymore?? Several are Disney collectibles and DH thinks we should try to sell them, but I'm not sure its worth the effort. What do you think?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 AM
WAHM Addict

Before you list them on eBay, check the site and see if anyone else is auctioning similar VHS tapes. Follow those auctions and see if anything comes of them.

You might be able to sell your other VHS tapes for .50 cents each at a yard sale? Not sure. I see them frequently at the Salvation Army and Goodwill stores... so if you can't make any money off them, maybe donate.

You may also ask local hospitals, churches, and preschools if they could use any. Maybe donate them there.

Wishing you well!
~Wendy
Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

If you are looking to get money from them, you can always try posting them on Craigslist and see if you get any hits from there. I have done this in the past with some Disney movies and they sold. Otherwise, Wsue had some great ideas.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

If they are, let me know. LOL! JR must have hundreds of Japanese anime VHS tapes in the basement. There's got to be anime collectors, but I imagine it's all available on DVD anyway. We're talking about what to do with them. I said just throw them out, but he is having trouble parting with them. But we'll never watch them.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

I personally would list them on Amazon.

I normally just go to Amazon, type in the upc in the search bar, then it will pull up the exact same product which will tell you how much it's worth on Amazon. If any of them are worth a decent amount, list them.

I second putting whatever is left up as a lot on Craiglist and see what you can get. Be sure to include pictures, and start off by asking a "high" amount OBO.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

Blue even on VHS the anime could be worth a pretty penny. More so if you have a whole series. There are some crazy old school collectors out there. Check ebay and amazon before you toss them. :-)
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 AM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiepy

We are in the same position..we have SOOOO many vhs disney that was given to us...Hailey has a vhs player so its fine for her..but mabey look around your area and see if there is a consignment store near you mabey? I just brought a WHOLE box of about 100 NEW dvds (but please know they were OLD OLD OLD movies..a lot of them were very cheaply made..and they gave me credit for them I was so excited to get rid of them ..and got something back
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
WAHM Regular

You never know! My almost 3 y/o is really into Bob the Builder and is loving the tape we had left over from when my 9 y/o was little. I don't even know if you can find those episodes on DVD. You really never know!

This ad will disappear if you login