Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Home Interior

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi!

What happened to Home Interiors? I use to rep for HI over 1 1/2 yrs. I was thinking about rejoining due to their wonderful candles. Can someone send me info on what is going on. Sorry, I haven't been active in this forum for awhile, until today. Start-up? Commission? quotas? or any other requirements to stay active. I haven't been active with HI for over 1 1/2 yrs. What can I do, if I decide to rejoin? I appreciate your time.

Thanks!

Edited by: texaswahm
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Super WAHM

Home Interiors and H&GP are one company called Celebrating Home.
I've thought about joining them, but finances are letting me at this point.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to RachelP

Tricia,

Home Interiors and Home and Garden Party merged this year and are now called Celebrating Home ...

Compensation is 30%
35% if you have $1000.00 PV (2 parties average)
40% if you have $1500 PV
45% if you have $2000.00

You as the Designer do NOT pay the hostess benefits, Celebrating Home does that ...

Many more great things to share ... Can I PM you?
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Super WAHM

Tricia

If your account wasn't closed, you may have been transferred over as part of the buyout. The customer service department may be able to check this out for you. PM me for their phone number. I had a recruit who couldn't be added because she was already in the system from HI and she hadn't done anything since she signed up in 2006.
If you not in the system, then Rachel will be able to get you started again. Edited by: HGPLynnE
Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to RachelP

Gourmet Mary -- there IS a way to earn the $149.00 kit price back so it would be an initial spend at first but after a few months of holding parties, you could earn that $$ back. PLUS, if you hold 3 parties your first full month you get FREE business supply pack plus if you hold parties in your 2nd month, you get more free credit for either supply or merchandise and more parties in your 3rd month you get even more credit for supply or merchandise. PLUS, you would be making $$. Good money... I can get more info for you if you would like. I think we have talked in the past about "Home Interiors".

Rachel
Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered WAHM

Actually what you're finding out on the internet is not the truth. "Celebrating Home" is NOT formerly Home Interiors. "Celebrating Home" is formerly Home and Garden Party.
The two companies did NOT merge. Home Interiors went bankrupt....the doors closed December 18, 2008. HGP did buy them out when it was sold at auction. . But there is no way you can honestly call this a merger. Telling people the CH was formerly HI is just a way to calm the spirits of those who used to work for HI since HGP was their major rival for over 15 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswahm View Post
Hi!

What happened to Home Interiors? I use to rep for HI over 1 1/2 yrs. I was thinking about rejoining due to their wonderful candles. Can someone send me info on what is going on. Sorry, I haven't been active in this forum for awhile, until today. Start-up? Commission? quotas? or any other requirements to stay active. I haven't been active with HI for over 1 1/2 yrs. What can I do, if I decide to rejoin? I appreciate your time.

Thanks!

Edited by: texaswahm
Old 09-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobradovic View Post
Actually what you're finding out on the internet is not the truth. "Celebrating Home" is NOT formerly Home Interiors. "Celebrating Home" is formerly Home and Garden Party.
The two companies did NOT merge. Home Interiors went bankrupt....the doors closed December 18, 2008. HGP did buy them out when it was sold at auction. . But there is no way you can honestly call this a merger. Telling people the CH was formerly HI is just a way to calm the spirits of those who used to work for HI since HGP was their major rival for over 15 years.
Its basically the same senerio as when House of Lloyd & Christmas Around the World closed - Home Interiors purchased HOL/CATW both the HOL/CATW name and the products of the company at auction. HI promised there would be a Christmas Around the World line and other things which never materialized. HI people told everyone that HI had purchased HOL/CATW and were now part of HI. When you went to the HOL or CATW website, you were redirected to HI's website. HI did offer HOL/CATW product to compensate former HOL/CATW Demonstrators for lost commissions or we could get a new HI kit for free. I didn't join HI and took the HOL/CATW product and moved on.

There seems to be a lot of bitterness towards the Celebrating Home from former HI people - it wasn't Home & Garden Party's fault that HI closed! I think Home & Garden Party was very gracious to re-brand the company with a new name and offer them a position with Celebrating Home. It was a new start for everyone. They could have remained Home & Garden Party.

I joined Celebrating Home a couple weeks ago and am very happy with my decision.

Last edited by mariglynn; 09-23-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: clarification

This ad will disappear if you login