Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Health and Wellness > Health and Wellness Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
WAHM Addict

Location: Midwest USA - Grew up on the prairie and love the wide open plains
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
Yet more reason to make your own juice! sigh

Unapproved fungicide found in US orange juice products:

Coca-Cola says it alerted FDA about fungicide - Yahoo! Finance

It's frightening what has been allowed to happen to our food supply. Food is BIG business and food manufacturers don't care if it's "Real" food and healthy for our bodies. It's all about the $'s.

I really admire you Moms that are progressive in your thinking about how this is affecting your families. Look at all the disease in our country and then think about the next generation that will be exposed to far more chemicals by eating processed foods and eating out for their entire lives.

Sadly, even our fresh food suppy is being genetically altered (GMO), sprayed with chemicals and coated with "food grade" petrolatum wax, which is a carcinogenic. If you can grow your own garden, you are really fortunate.

~Susan~
Enjoy the blessing of a REAL career from home!! Phone and computer required NO cold calls, telemarketing or sales Excellent training and team support Click here for more details: www.wahreview.org then give me a call at (308) 762-4364. Together let's see if this is the career choice you've been looking for!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Lately, as Im a breakfast skipper... Ive been cutting up fresh fruit and making a "smoothie" out of it.

I went around the neighborhood and grabbed all the oranges I could , cut them up and froze them - as you are not eating them fresh... they are fantastic in a smoothie! (and who doesnt like free)

Im feeling much better

Bonnie
Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonlady916 View Post
Lately, as Im a breakfast skipper... Ive been cutting up fresh fruit and making a "smoothie" out of it.

I went around the neighborhood and grabbed all the oranges I could , cut them up and froze them - as you are not eating them fresh... they are fantastic in a smoothie! (and who doesnt like free)

Im feeling much better

Bonnie

That sounds like my kind of neighborhood! Would never be possible where I live! I'm just the opposite ~ I love my breakfast in a BIG way ...
Enjoy the blessing of a REAL career from home!! Phone and computer required NO cold calls, telemarketing or sales Excellent training and team support Click here for more details: www.wahreview.org then give me a call at (308) 762-4364. Together let's see if this is the career choice you've been looking for!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonlady916 View Post

Im feeling much better

Bonnie
I do a smoothie every day and share it with the boys. I've been doing a "green" smoothie daily for over a month now and we love them. In FL we had orange, tangerine, lemon & grapefruit trees in our backyard. I miss them! Never thought about freezing them!

I finally just ordered my juicer over the weekend and can't wait for it to come! I think the 1st juice we'll try is apple/carrot. I think the kids will like it and it sounds like a good one to ease them into it.

Jenn
Old 03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to jandamom

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffk View Post
I'm starting another juice fast tomorrow and I'm so excited! It will be great to start off the new year on a amazingly healthy note and get that mental clarity and energy that comes with it!

Anyone want to join me? We can start our own little support group. lol

Happy New Year!
I have been thinking about a juice fast to detox. Just not sure if I could actually do it.
I
have only been juicing for the past month. I had to dust off my Jack Lalaine. My blood pressure was slightly elevated and I read that beet juice was helpful so I usually do a beet, celery, carrots and an apple which is not bad. I don't juice everyday because I hate the clean-up. Are some of the other models of juicer easier to maintain/clean?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM
WAHM Master

When I set out watch this movie I didn't realize they discuss juicing. It has lots of wonderful info whether you're interested in juicing or not! I highly recommend watching it. You can watch free online until midnight tonight (sorry I'm a little late, but hopefully some of you have a chance to see it). Totally worth the time!

HUNGRY FOR CHANGE | Free Worldwide Online Premiere Home

Happy juicing!
Jenn
Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Default I found an easier way.

Quote: "I don't juice everyday because I hate the clean-up. Are some of the other models of juicer easier to maintain/clean?"

I used to juice every day also. But, its expensive and like the previous poster, I hated the cleanup. And, unless you buy totally organic,do we really know what is in or on the produce we buy? Not to mention nutritional content.

Now I drink my fruit and veggies out od a bottle and add it to my shakes and smoothies. It contains All Natural, no additive:

Acai, Acerola, apple, Banana, Blueberry, Camu camu, Capuacu, cherry, cranberry, grape, jabuticaba, jucero, kiwi, maqui, pear, pomegranate, prune, raspberry, strawberry,

Beet, carrot, pumpkin, purple carrot, purple corn, purple sweet potato, red cabbage, reishi mushroom, rhubarb, sweet potato

AND, flax seed oil, plant derived glucosomine and Biothera's patented wellmune.

I can't possibly duplicate that in my juicer for twice the price!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
WAHM Master

From what I understand about juicing, one of the main benefits is getting the live enzymes from the fresh juice. Those start dying after 20 min or so. I've been able to get organic carrots & apples at a reasonable cost. I also buy all I can locally. My oldest has really loved picking out some of his own fruits & veggies and making his "own" fresh juice! We're even growing some of our own veggies to use (fingers crossed for a good turn out!). I enjoy getting a good variety of fresh, local, in season goodies with the carrot/apple being my "go to" juice. That's not to take away from the bottled super-fruit juices in any way. I took one in the past with great results. We're just having a very positive experience with fresh juicing.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default Nothing beats fress real food

You are correct, nothing beats "fresh squeezed" and, living in Florida, I can't drink orange juice that isn't. I get it from my son's trees and it is even a different color!

However, it is hard for some people to all that juicing requires. In such cases, super juices as you referred to them are a great solution.

I will add that a lot of the value depends on how the juices were created. Some "processes" preserve a lot more nutrients etc than others.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
WAHM Addict

I have an Omega 8006 and it's incredibly easy to clean. In addition to being a very efficient masticating juicer (does a great job with greens), you can use it to make frozen sherbets, homemade noodles and breadsticks. I've been freezing fresh fruit and making sherbets and they're so yummy.

Personally, I don't think you can get the nutrition and the effectiveness of the enzymes unless you're using fresh fruits and vegetables and drinking the juice as soon as possible.

By using cucumbers, celery and lemons/limes as the base for your juice, you can make a very cost effective juice. I change the other veggies/fruits I add so my body gets a good variety of nutrients.

I do a juice or water fast once a week for 24 hours and a 3 day fast every 4 months. My advice is to start with a 24 hr fast. If your body is full of toxins (and all of us are these days), you will experience some side effects even with a short fast. That is perfectly normal and may include headaches, chills, muscle cramps, nausea and poor/restless sleep. When doing a longer fast, you will almost be guaranteed to experience these detox signs. Be sure to gradually reduce food intake before a fast and come off of a fast slowly by eating small servings of fruits/vegetables.

A good book to read is Greater Health God's Way by Stormie Omartian. A simple and healthy approach to total health and a guide to fasting.

~Susan~

This ad will disappear if you login