Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Health and Wellness Companies > Health and Wellness Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned

Default Mela

I wasn't able to make a go of this business and I tried!! I did all that I could but once I finally got someone to the webcast, and they found out they had to buy at least $80 a month, and me too, what with the economy, I couldn't get anyone to sign. I am glad to read that some of you are able to get customers/recruits. I just feel that to get new people, at this time in the economy, can't Mela dispense with the required amount per month? I think then that it would be easier to get them to shop. After all when we go to the big membership stores, there is no set price we have to spend. Or the grocery store, etc. I am giving a different home based business a try - all natural food. Good luck to all in your businesses!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

I know how you feel. I couldn't do $80 a month either, and neither could a lot of other people. I'm hoping they announce at their convention that they are doing away with the monthly minimums. The products are incredible!!! So on my last order, I stocked up on the laundry detergent.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to matoozie

I hear it a lot that the required autoship is really hard for many people. It's too bad. My best to you.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to steffk

When is the the convention? Have people been saying they might do away with the min. requirement each month, or is that just wishful thinking? I am just curious. I did the business for a year or two and then stayed on as a customer for a couple of years after that. I see the pros and cons of both. From a business builder perspective, it's awesome. If you are getting mostly customers who are interestsed in the products, but not the business...then it is tough.

I used to love the products. As I got better at reading ingredients though I was a little disappointed. Some things I still really like though...just not enough to purchase a set amount each month. If you absolutely love the products and can commit to buy each month though, it is great.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:36 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Utopia Send a message via MSN to Utopia

I had no idea the autoship was that high.

One thing I LOVE about ours is that the autoship requirement is according to your rank. This keeps new people in and trying to make a go of it. High autoships like this are a part of what is wrong with MLM companies. People join with high expectations and after a few months of no success their accounts are drained and left with a bad taste in their mouths.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:58 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to SFerber

There is NO autoship with our company. There is a back up order for those who want a preferred membership. People can shop how ever they want. We have 2 types of customers...Preferred which is the benefits listed below - you can also enjoy a direct membership and order when you like but not enjoy the membership benefits. This is not a contract so anyone can cancel at any time AND you can turn around and come right back. We actually save our customers money and have cost comparisons to share that are live.

When partnering with us in business it is VITAL to plug into our training. And we also have a guaranteed income to cover your monthly purchases. WE love that!

Here is a little on our "membership" which again does NOT have an autoship. Anyone can cancel at any time for any reason and it be effective for that month as long as it is faxed in by the 25th of the month you want it to be effective.

Melaleuca Membership: The Things We All Care About

We hope you’re feeling right at home with Melaleuca, and we’re anxious for you to experience the exclusive benefits you’re entitled to as a Preferred Customer. We believe the products we use every day should help make our homes, our families, and our world healthier and happier.

As a Loyal Monthly Shopper, Your Preferred Customer Benefits Include the Following:

* Direct access to more than 300 products for your health and wellness that are effective, safer, more natural, and a better value than grocery store brands
* Preferred Customer discounts of 30%–40% off regular product prices
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on every product
* Receive up to 100 Loyalty Shopping Dollars your first 5 months and earn up to 10% of Product Points in Loyalty Shopping Dollars every month thereafter that can be redeemed for free products
* Convenient doorstep delivery of your favorite products
* 24/7 access to the Product Store and Marketplace at Melaleuca.com
* Friendly call center Wellness Representatives are available to help you six days a week. Just call 1-800-282-3000 for assistance
* Regular emails filled with exclusive money-saving offers and wellness information
* Free copies of the Melaleuca Country Wellness Magazine and Catalog

In addition to more than 300 exclusive wellness products, your membership gives you thousands of dollars a year in savings on even more products and services with Melaleuca Membership Perks:

* Save up to 15% at more than 650 popular online retailers
* Save up to 50% on everyday services including cell phones and wireless plans, health care savings plans, entertainment options, identity theft protection, and more

In no time at all, you’ll have your own favorite Preferred Customer benefits, and no matter what they are, you can ensure they continue month after month simply by placing your monthly minimum Product Point order.

In addition, you have the opportunity to become a Marketing Executive and earn residual income by referring others to shop at Melaleuca
Old 08-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to bianca5454 Send a message via MSN to bianca5454 Send a message via Yahoo to bianca5454

Gothicmom,
Congrats on venturing into a new home business. Who did you sign with?
Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

I am with Wildtree - love having the tasting parties and no monthly requirement to me or my customers - gotta love that!
Success to all!
Old 08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile To be honest...

it was hard for me to get out of the monthly requirement.

The $$ was taken out of my account even after I cancelled and I was sent my back up order..I had to recall customer service and pay shipping,mail the package back..an inconvenience and and I was not happy about the $$ comijg out of my account!
That's the only problem,really, I had with the company themselves-they have awesome products!

I love our company- only a low minimum requirement-40bv to earn commissions+ about $50 -$60 a month.
This is for any level to earn $$!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM
WAHM Addict

I have never had a problem with mela as far as cancelling and lord knows I have went back to the company a few times,however I have heard others that have had issues with it.How long were you in the business?Sometimes it can take some time to see results.My problem was fear,fear of rejection and I didnt have the passion for the business to make it work.Im still looking over my options,but havent made a decision yet on what I want to do.For now its my work at home site.Wildtree is a good business,cant go wrong with food!

This ad will disappear if you login