Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Google Rater

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Super WAHM

Default Butler Hill Crowdsourcing or scam??

Hi, I applied late last week to ABH for the internet assessor position. Today I received an email from an address that simply said DoNotReply. They said they were Butler Hill and had a new project, crowdsourcing. There is an attachment (that I have not opened) that purports to have further instructions. The email says the work consists of "human intelligence tasks" or HITs and pays anywhere from one penny to ten cents a hit. Here's the main thing: I haven't received any actual email saying they have hired me. Also, and I don't know why, my first thought was that (because of the pay rate maybe) it sounds kinda like those scammy/illegal captcha jobs.

Anybody who actually works for ABH get this email and know if it's legit??

Thanks!!

Lisa
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Super WAHM

Is legit. It's ABH's equivalent of mechanical turk.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks! I appreciate it.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to kitkat0925

I do this and like it. Depending on the tasks you can do a fair hourly wage. I like that it does not have a requirement for hours.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Halahblue
Default ABH Crowdsourcing

I applied for a few ABH positions and was offered the crowdsourcing. I logged in and signed the contract offer and filled out all the other forms. The email said "work on this project will begin as soon as you sign your contract and extend until Aug 16," (paraphrasing) less is we don't like your work, more if we do.

Again, I signed and filled out and submitted everything within an hour of getting the contract offer email. Now I have heard nothing from them. I've logged in on both the sites (Appen Online and the tableo one) neither shows any available work or any new information or...anything. I took the language test for English, but that's all I'm able to access.

I tried to email before Aug 16 and heard nothing back. Anyone know what's going on?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halahblue View Post
...The email said "work on this project will begin as soon as you sign your contract and extend until Aug 16," (paraphrasing) less is we don't like your work, more if we do.

I tried to email before Aug 16 and heard nothing back. Anyone know what's going on?
Hi Halah.

The extension you are talking about is until Aug. 16, 2013. They are giving you the time frame of the project, not the deadline to reply and show your interest.

The 16th was on the cusp of the weekend and ABH corresponds on business days only. They are pretty prompt with their replies, though, so you will probably get a reply today. Good luck to you -- I applied and went through the qualification process but did not pass both tests. It is a lot of work but do LOTS of studying and you should be fine.

HTH
Old 05-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Just signed a contract with them

I was wondering about this since I just signed up with them yesterday. What is the most someone has made with this crowdsourcing for ABH? Doesn't have to be actual numbers, just that it does serve well enough as a part-time egg? Can anyone give me a little insight? Thanks!

- Nida Sea

This ad will disappear if you login