Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Web & Office > Google Rater

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
Default WPLH Leapforce Forum Madness

Has anyone else been watching the craziness goin on at the Leapforce folder over at WorkPlaceLikeHome? Its a soap opera! Posters there have been tearing eachother apart for weeks and someone spoke up about it today and was banned for reminding everyone to be nice!. WTF?

Now im hesitant to speak up about it there because I dont want to get banned either. Glad we dont have that madness here its crazy how mean people can be to one another. Geez!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
khakigirl's Avatar
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 717
Send a message via Yahoo to khakigirl Send a message via Skype™ to khakigirl
Default

Yeah, the mods there are power-hungry. Seriously, some people PAY for that website but they treat everyone like dirt. Bleh. I only go there because there is more traffic in the company folders and if I have a question, it gets answered quicker than here.
__________________
★★★★★ Blogging TipsBEST Survey SitesCHEAP Business Cards ★★★★★
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBon View Post
Has anyone else been watching the craziness goin on at the Leapforce folder over at WorkPlaceLikeHome? Its a soap opera! Posters there have been tearing eachother apart for weeks and someone spoke up about it today and was banned for reminding everyone to be nice!. WTF?

Now im hesitant to speak up about it there because I dont want to get banned either. Glad we dont have that madness here its crazy how mean people can be to one another. Geez!
LOL Riiiight, that's *exactly* what happened! Oh and what about that member that kept making new identities until those crazy mods had to finally ban their IP address? Yep, quite the soap opera.
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dasher

Last edited by Dasher; 03-28-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
khakigirl's Avatar
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 717
Send a message via Yahoo to khakigirl Send a message via Skype™ to khakigirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
LOL Riiiight, that's *exactly* what happened! Oh and what about that member that kept making new identities until those crazy mods had to finally ban their IP address? Yep, quite the soap opera.
I only caught the tail end of the craziness today but this is what I got out of it: their thread got locked (and I'm guessing the person got modded so they couldn't post without mods approving it) the first time for trying to tell everyone to be nice so they made a new account and tried again. That's when the mods banned their IP address. It seems to me that the mods overreacted.
__________________
★★★★★ Blogging TipsBEST Survey SitesCHEAP Business Cards ★★★★★
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khakigirl View Post
I only caught the tail end of the craziness today but this is what I got out of it: their thread got locked (and I'm guessing the person got modded so they couldn't post without mods approving it) the first time for trying to tell everyone to be nice so they made a new account and tried again. That's when the mods banned their IP address. It seems to me that the mods overreacted.
No, there was a lot more than that, that went on behind the scenes. Unfortunately everyone doesn't see that side of it.
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dasher
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default

If you wanna know what happened behind the scenes, I can tell the whole story


I noticed posters being inappropriately critical to another poster last night on WPLH and spoke up about it and my husband spoke up as well. We were surprised to see comments like “you’re not smart enough to get this job” allowed to stay in another thread so we both flagged that and a few more that were just plain mean.

We were accused of being the same person and told to stop flagging posts. Why to stop flagging, I have no idea? One of the mods (Dasher) questioned my husband’s character so he flagged that post as a personal attack, for which the mod called “a joke”.

I then posted the thread about being respectful to everyone, for which the mod immediately closed. I posted about being respectful to everyone again, the mod closed it and said I would be banned if I continued to “break the rules” (haha!) I then sent a PM to the site owner asking for some help and was banned, as was my husband.

My husband started a new name and gave a thumbs up to a post, that alone got him banned again. I started a new name as I felt the banning was an overreaction and wrote a PM to the forum administrator, that got me banned again. Then our IP was permanently blocked.

Clearly, we both terrorized Work Place Like Home and deserved ridicule and permanent banishment from the moderators for our shameful behavior of reminding everyone to treat each other nicely

LOL!

Last edited by nckayaker; 03-28-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to chrissylynn1993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
No, there was a lot more than that, that went on behind the scenes. Unfortunately everyone doesn't see that side of it.
I really have to wonder why every single time someone questions something or says they were banned unfairly the canned response is "stuff went on behind the scenes".
__________________
http://mywahconnection.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 274
Default

Because usually there IS a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the public, or those who weren't there at the time don't see. But having said that, Chrissylynn, I don't have a beef with you, nor infact do I have a beef with the people who were banned yesterday, although they obviously aren't happy with me, and I understand that.
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dasher
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissylynn1993 View Post
I really have to wonder why every single time someone questions something or says they were banned unfairly the canned response is "stuff went on behind the scenes".
Yep, me too, its an excuse to justify bullying. This was the reason given to me from WPLH:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Confrontational and rude

Date the ban will be lifted: Never


Calling for people to be nice is neither confrontational nor rude - why on earth they think it is I have yet to understand? If anyone from WPLH would like to give me a real explanation, im listening, and so is everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 274
Default

I am not the one that banned you, but I think the ultimate reason was because the Admin had locked the thread (the one we didn't agree on), and said she wanted the discussion to end, and, as is the case on most forums when a mod or admin locks a thread it is not generally acceptable for you to go start another thread referring to the thread that was just locked. When you did it the first time and I locked it and then you immediately started yet another one referring to the locked thread again I was going to just lock that one too with a warning (as I did), but I guess someone else decided that starting a thread a second time trying to bring up the thread that had been locked was far enough. I understand you don't agree, and that is your right, but as I said, when you are a volunteer moderator at a forum with 70,000+ members, you sometimes have to make choices that some don't agree with.
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dasher
Reply With Quote
 
This ad will disappear if you login

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off