Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Gifts, Baskets and More Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Default "They are made in China...just like Coach bags!"

Most textile (purse) companies have their products made in China and finished here. Thirty one gifts(my company), Initials Inc, Gigi Hill, etc all have this in common. I know most feel ashamed or embarrased when a customer asks where the bags are made.

You shouldn't be - COACH BAGS ARE ALSO MADE IN CHINA!!
You know the ones that are 10-20 times more expensive than the bags you are selling?

If someone asks where your bags are made you could just answer "They are made in China, just like Coach bags."

If someone wants to pay $700 for a Coach bag made with fake leather, made in the same country as my $60 Thirty One Cindy tote then I don't worry about it. Move on.

We all have some really cute items at fabulous prices! Work it ladies!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Or, if it really bothers you, find a company that does not make their product in China. They are out there!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes! They are!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

There are times you just can't win over a customer so just move on. There's something for everyone. People love Coach not because it's made from China or even USA at one point but it's the brand they want! CAbi is designed here but made in China and lots of other high end brands.
Janette Stoll ~ #1 Direct Sales Leader ~ Helping You Succeed in Your Business
http://www.directsalesnaturalproducts.com
Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes, correct that CAbi is designed here and manufactured in China. That always sort of bugged me, but it didn't seem to stop the ladies from buying it! I am actually looking at a new clothing company that is manufactured in the USA, very rare to find these days! Not sure yet if it is right for me but it sure looks interesting and much less to start up than CAbi. Still looking at several companies, but haven't made a decision yet.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Cabimom- I just came across one recently, might be the same one we're thinking of. It's here in So.CA so that's how I heard about. But as much as I love clothes and jewelry, the parties isn't for me . And yes, women do love Cabi!!
Janette Stoll ~ #1 Direct Sales Leader ~ Helping You Succeed in Your Business
http://www.directsalesnaturalproducts.com
Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Interesting! Can you pm me the name of the company?

I guess I brough it up because I have seen reps from many different companies almost whisper and hang their head in shame or change the subject quickly, OR EVEN LIE about where their products are made. If they are well made products and the company has a good reputation there is nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Super WAHM

Madison Handbags are made in the US! Our facility is in upstate NY! Check out our bags and fabrics- they're gorgeous! And the design-your-own concept is really unique!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 PM
WAHM Regular

ALL of Longaberger's products, Yes, handbags will be produced in the USA...

Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshthirtyone View Post
Most textile (purse) companies have their products made in China and finished here. Thirty one gifts(my company), Initials Inc, Gigi Hill, etc all have this in common. I know most feel ashamed or embarrased when a customer asks where the bags are made.

You shouldn't be - COACH BAGS ARE ALSO MADE IN CHINA!!
You know the ones that are 10-20 times more expensive than the bags you are selling?

If someone asks where your bags are made you could just answer "They are made in China, just like Coach bags."

If someone wants to pay $700 for a Coach bag made with fake leather, made in the same country as my $60 Thirty One Cindy tote then I don't worry about it. Move on.

We all have some really cute items at fabulous prices! Work it ladies!
I fully agree with you...they may be made in China, but the bottom line is, how many American businesses will be supported as a result of the purchase? You see, I may sell a bag that is made in China, but I support local groceries, I pay local taxes, I put food on my table and pay my mortgage, and don't take a penny of assistance. The company I work for employs thousands in their corporate structure, and 12,000 reps nationwide, as well as reps overseas. I refuse to feel bad about it. There's bags made in South America, Italy, France, and China. Big deal. Really.
It gives ME financial freedom to help support our local economy.

This ad will disappear if you login