Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Gifts, Baskets and More Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Initials Inc and Thirty One

Hi
What is the difference between Initials Inc and Thirty One - from any perspective - business, products, culture, etc. I saw someone mention this in another post, but in my mini research I have not found an answer. The only thing I know of is that with one you pay for the monogramming, and the other one you do not.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to beekaycee

I hosted for both & read up on both before I joined Initials. A few things that led me personally to II are:

1) Free embroidery. When I bought some 31 items.....man that embroidery KILLED my cost.

2) Facebook policy. I have a Fan Page for the jewelry company I sell for & I CAN NOT imagine not having one. & I don't really like the "Group" format, so I didn't want to be required to stay to that format (as 31 requires).

3) Hostess special that extends to parties booked off of yours. There is a hostess sale each month, but a hostess can choose items she wants as her other bonuses (instead of picking from a list of exclusive items).

4) Forward-thinking products. II has a baby line (which 31 discontinued), ereader holders (31 "suggests" some things as substitutes, but why should a person "substitute"?), a kids line (again....an item 31 stopped).

5) II fabrics are more of my style.

6) Sassy Bag---man I love that purse.

7) This came out after I joined II, but I am REALLY disappointed in the 31 Spirit collection. NO GREEN. Completely missed 2 MI universities........1 of which I work for. Again, was offered a "substitute" idea of using black w/ green lettering....but I am then PAYING for embroidery that doesn't show much green.

8) II is a smaller company

9) Smaller quota to maintain to remain active

Last edited by beekaycee; 06-23-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added points #8 & 9
Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

I'm not a rep for either one but have several friends that are reps. Personally, I think they are similar in designs and choices, other than 31 being the first in the marketplace with monogrammed bags. There are more options w/31 so more options to choose from as a customer. As a business, there's hardly anyone with Initials here compared to 31 reps - a lot of them.
~J
Janette Stoll ~ #1 Direct Sales Leader ~ Helping You Succeed in Your Business
http://www.directsalesnaturalproducts.com
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Registered WAHM

I don't know anything about Initials (other than products/prints vary) but I'm with Thirty-One and can answer any questions about them.

-Earn 25% in commission from your personal sales to start increases as you move into leadership positions.
-Start-swell Program to earn free products and bonus money in your first 6 months
-Incentives; Free conference, Best Buy GC or Travel GC, Earn free add on kits for each new catalog
-This fall we'll get 18 new prints and 31 new products (revealed at conference August 1-4th), 3 new catalogs a year
-Only $99 to join and $200 (PV) every 3 rolling months to stay active
-Here is a link to see realistically what consultants are making (well in 2011)
If you wish to talk more specifically on Thirty-One I can do that.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered WAHM

Opps here is the link http://assets.thirtyonetoday.com/too...eStatement.pdf
Old 06-27-2012, 10:09 AM
crazyloverofJesus

I had signed up with both companies, so here is my opinion:
I am still with 31 after 2 years! Their products are so nice and they update styles/fabrics constantly with current trends. Their specials are always fantastic!

I signed up with Initials about a year and a half ago because the catalog looked awesome. However, when I got my sign up kit I almost cried because the quality of most of the items was what you would find at a 99cent store. I called the company and told them I wanted to ship the whole thing back because I didn't think it would work and some of the items were defective and they said they would only give me half of what I had paid for the kit even though I was sending the whole thing back in perfect condition!

Maybe they have improved a lot in the last year, but I would caution you to order a few items first before signing up. I would encourage you to do that with ANY company you are considering, even 31, just to make sure they are products that you feel you can stand behind.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Awesome WAHM

I haven't seen Initials, Inc. in person but have an online friend that sells it. Regardless of what you sell, I think it's always a good idea to order something first so you can experience it as a customer first. How long it took the products to arrive, the packaging, the customer service, quality, and so forth. These are great indicators for what your customers will experience.

~J
Janette Stoll ~ #1 Direct Sales Leader ~ Helping You Succeed in Your Business
http://www.directsalesnaturalproducts.com
Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to jandamom

I have ordered from both Initials and Thirty-one. I like both and do not feel that one has superior quality over the other. Which provides the best opportunity? Lower quotas, start - up costs, ongoing costs?

Good luck both are great choices!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 PM
WAHM Addict

I guess my con's would be other people's pro's - the free embroidery.

I've got a few thirty one items. Never wanted them embroidered. I like paying less than those getting embroidery.

For initials, I can't see the embroidery really being "free" (exactly) - While the customer does not pay an additional fee for embroidery, the product cost is not less for those NOT getting embroidery. What that tells me is they are spreading the actual cost among the product prices.

Many people may not put two and two together, especially if they've never come across a company/party like this before. Others that have seen similar, may see what I see.

No matter what, whenever you compare two different companies, there will always be pro's and con's down the board - so you have to look at what feels right for you.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to beekaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMilton View Post
I guess my con's would be other people's pro's - the free embroidery.

I've got a few thirty one items. Never wanted them embroidered. I like paying less than those getting embroidery.

For initials, I can't see the embroidery really being "free" (exactly) - While the customer does not pay an additional fee for embroidery, the product cost is not less for those NOT getting embroidery. What that tells me is they are spreading the actual cost among the product prices.

Many people may not put two and two together, especially if they've never come across a company/party like this before. Others that have seen similar, may see what I see.

No matter what, whenever you compare two different companies, there will always be pro's and con's down the board - so you have to look at what feels right for you.
In my opinion, embroidery is the "point" of these items....otherwise you could just buy a tote at Bed Bath & Beyond. So yes, I think it should be free. When I got embroidery on 4 (31) Christmas gifts last year (storage bins)....it DID drive my cost up to a higher price point than a similar bin from Initials.

This ad will disappear if you login