Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Gifts, Baskets and More Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to AlexandraRose Send a message via Yahoo to AlexandraRose

I would like to use my direct sales businesses to create gift baskets but I am not sure how to go about doing to it. I don't want to purchase the items in advance only to have no one want those particular styles or scents or whatever it is that I am doing.

So how should I do it?I wouldn't even have enough money to make sample baskets in a variety of styles and choices right now. I would have enough to do one but one isn't enough!!
Iam witha bunch of different companies includingcandle companies, bath & body cos.,jerky direct, gourmet food mixes, and a few others so I havea good amount of options for making my baskets. Sonow I need to know how to make it happen when i don't have the money!! Help!!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Well,
If you can do one basket that would be great. Then people will get an idea of what they will be like. But let your customers know that to make the basket you will have to know way ahead of time as you'll have to order the supplies.

My suggestion would be to make a list of just a few first.. things you know you can get fast. Then work your way up. When you sell a basket, order some extra supplies.

Say do a food basket, list all the items for that.. bake good basket, fun time basket etc..

Keep things simple for yoursel or it can get a bit over whelming on you.
Patty
Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Alexandra,

You may want to check withthe companies you represent first: most direct sales complanies don't want you to mix their product with someone else's, and you are not allowed to advertise gift baskets made with their products.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to valaire

I started offering gift package options to a real estate office that loves my at home bakery items. I made up a list of different choices they could have based on their clients, etc. Gives them plenty of options and price ranges. All they do is call me tell me what package number they want and when they need it. I sell gift wrap, bags, and boxes, as well, so I offer to wrap for a small fee and place a free thank you card in as well. They love it! Just think of what your sales can reach with one real estate office! They also use my bakery items for open houses as well. If you're interested in supplies check out my site at www.creativegiftwrapping.com/ep31318.html most all of our bags are fda approved for food and all of our boxes are approved as well! Hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered WAHM

A good idea would be to make all sales final! Make sure your clients know what they want before they buy. Any additional changes should cost extra, and depending on the amount of time you have charge more or less considering.

This ad will disappear if you login