Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Food > Food Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Has anyone heard of this company before and know anything about it? I see their commission is only 36% but their products are very, very good. Just wondering if anyone is a rep for them and how you are doing.

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-08-2005, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello,

I am actually a rep for Taste of Gourmet, if you would like info on my company please email me at togmommy@hotmail.com. Tastefully Simple has great food, in my area there are tons of reps which makes it hard to compete. A neigbor and good friend of mine is a rep for them and she is really enjoying it, I believe they may have some rule that they can't advertise online, but maybe not. I can get you her contact info if you are interested, but also please check out Taste of Gourmet. www.tasteofgourmet.com.

Melissa-TAste of Gourmet Rep #28244
Old 07-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to bianca5454 Send a message via MSN to bianca5454 Send a message via Yahoo to bianca5454

Hi Nikki~

I've been to a couple parties. The food is good. Yes, we have a ton of reps too!

Melissa~ I believe you are right about the restrictions the company has.

I am with Watkins![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] We have a wonderful pantry as well as other products. Watkins has been in business for 137 years, and still strong and very sought out! Check out my sig line for more info and our online catalog at www.watkinsonline.com/home (ID#358211)~

If you are interested, I'd be happy to send you more info![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Good Luck on your search, and remember, ask lots of questions! Keep us posted!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Awesome WAHM

36% for a food co. isn't bad.. just look at what that can grow to and what' sincluded.. like do they pay for host reward? i'm not sure they do.. i think consultant does. Our base is 20% with option to earn 5% more a month and it can go up to 35% of personal sales and 3-13% of team sales and bonuses.. all in all it can grow..

they can't advertise online is correct.. they have a nice line adn have a lot of consultants!check it out there ar a lot of companies with a lot of different things to offer! good luck!Edited by: ewedeb
Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to bianca5454 Send a message via MSN to bianca5454 Send a message via Yahoo to bianca5454

Very good point Debbie~

I believe their quotas are somewhat high (personal definition). We earn 25% to 39% on our products, Watkins pays 100% of the hostess rewards (and they get a free cookbook), plus we do not have quotas.

You really need to weigh all the different features, and find something that clicks with you~
Old 07-09-2005, 06:06 AM
WAHM Regular

The commission is higher, because they pay their own host benefits. So figure you are making 10% less unless you are your own host. Where as with Entertain With Ease, Watkins,and Taste of Gourmet the company pays 100%.I also think 2-3% of that they give you to replenish supplies, I think my neighbor told me something like that. I believe bianca is correct about the mins, I can't state an amount, but I remember something about that.

With Taste of Gourmet we get 25 to start- 30 is possible if you reach the sales goal of $2000 per month, and it goes up as we promote. We also in addition have 3-5% of sales in SAC (SAmple Allowance Credit) to replenish samples, and supplies.

I thin kthe main thin gi sto really love your product and then take everything into consideration from there.

Melissa- Taste of Gourmet Consultant #28244
Old 07-09-2005, 10:17 AM
WAHM Master

Send a message via AIM to angienewton

I thought there was a TS rep on here. Hmm I know a few maybe I'll recommend they join us.

I can't tell you any specifics about TS but I can tell you the gourmet food industry is booming.

Best wishes infinding the best fit for you!

Our secrets of business accountability partner success
Old 07-09-2005, 06:54 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via AIM to gkoinski Send a message via Yahoo to gkoinski Send a message via Skype™ to gkoinski

I used to sell Tastefully Simple. It is very saturated here & I had a hard time booking parties. And, while they tell you you're not required to carry an inventory, they strongly advise it (I never did & never had a problem with it). The comission is 36% but you, the consultant, pays for the hostess program. So minus out 10% of that. Also, the min. order was $100.00 per order; not sure if that changed. And, unless you have a lot of parties or buy a lot personally, the quarterly requirement scares a lot of people away too (it was $600/qtr back when I did it). Learned a lot about the gourmet business from them, and the food was good (though a few of the larger gourmet companies buy from the same vendors - they're not unique) so it wasn't a total loss of time.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi,

I am a new tastefully simple consultant (very new, in fact this week!) but I'll tell you guys what I do know so far.

The commission is 36% and the hostess allowance is 9%.

The quarterly sales quota is $400 retail which is about the average party order.

There is no minimum order, but orders under $100 incur a $10 service charge (not applicable on items you order for your personal business). I also believe if a client orders over $100you can have their product dropshipped.

Host rewards are very good, IMO. $10 of product for every $100 in orders and one of a variety of nice pottery items. I only had 4 people at the party I originally hosted and I earned $40 in product and a dip bowl.

Clients can also order through you online.

And the food is delicious!

-Julie
Old 07-10-2005, 08:41 AM
WAHM Master

Send a message via AIM to angienewton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS_Julie
I am a new tastefully simple consultant (very new, in fact this week!)

Julie,

Welcome! Glad to have you here and CONGRATS on your new business!

Our secrets of business accountability partner success

This ad will disappear if you login