Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Food Companies > Food Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to chefshe Send a message via Yahoo to chefshe

Hello ladies, how are you all? I hope everyone is having a wonderfully healthy, holiday season.

I have a question for my food friends in the biz. What do your companies charge for shipping at the parties?? My company is raising ours and I'm a little nervous for this, I'm trying to be supportive and a good example to my team by not complaining, but I honestly am not excited, can you all share with me what your guests pay?

Thanks all!!

Sheila B.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think Tastefully Simple charges really fair shipping rates for our customers. It is only $6.95 for orders on up to $49.99 if it's ordered through me and not my website. If they order directly on my website it is $7.95 on up to the $49.99 amount. Don't ask me why, I don't know why that is, lol. However, any orders ordered at $50. or above is only 10%!
L[img]smileys/smiley27.gif[/img]ve that about TS!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to bianca5454 Send a message via MSN to bianca5454 Send a message via Yahoo to bianca5454

Watkinsonline shipping rate is $6.95. For local sales/home parties, I just charge a flat 15% - this is to cover all tax and shipping. We offer items other than food, so a flat rate is easier for everybody involved.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Super WAHM

With TSG at parties, the hosts has two choices. We can ship all the orders to her or ship direct to customers.

If we ship everything to hosts it's 10%
If we ship direct to customers it's 10% over $50 or $6 if the order is under $50.

My hosts and guest LOVE LOVE LOVE direct ship. I tell them...I'm going to place your order on Monday and it will be on your doorstep by Friday! Your host wont have to unpack a million boxes and you won't have to chase down your host and product.

I also love it from a business perspective too...I KNOW when my customers are getting their products so I can make customer care calls shortly after.

Before I started pushing this, I would make a follow up call 2 weeks later only to find out that the customer hadn't gotten product yet since the host hasn't delviered it yet. UGGHHHH
Old 12-11-2008, 03:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

We charge 10% at a home gathering.
Ex: $30 retail order is $3.00

When we direct ship to customers it starts at $7.95.
It is somewhat based on weight but they do start with a basic amount.
Most of my direct ship orders are $50 or more - so they don't mind paying that fee. Never had a problem with that.

Sheila, I am sure it will be fine.
What is your shipping going to be?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to chefshe Send a message via Yahoo to chefshe

thanks for responding, I'm okay with it now. Its just at first I was shocked at the jump from $4 to $5.50. When I was with PC...back in the day I remember when shipping was $2 and I watched it grow over the years, but a quarter or two never seemed like a huge jump.

From what I hear there are other companies with right around the same, so I'm okay, unfortunately those of us who go to home parties or sell for them are used to paying for what we want, right??

I am however thrilled with our new catalog, its a different size and layout, much better that what we've had, so I'll just focus on the positive.

thanks everyone.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 AM
WAHM Regular

People are going to make a big deal about shipping if you make a deal out of it. Normally when people go to parties, they are expecting to pay the shipping.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:41 AM
Awesome WAHM

Wow, $5.50 is a great and fair price Sheila. Go and sell confidently and positively!

This ad will disappear if you login