Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Fitness/Weight Loss Support

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Belly Fat Cure

Has anyone tried this eating plan? I just started it on Saturday, and I actually love it. I don't agree with the marketing, because the advertised weight loss is 4-9lbs per week. Well, maybe for someone who is severely obese, that may be true. But, for a normal, average person, they will tend to lose a normal amount of weight and inches.

Anyway, as I said before I started on Saturday and it is surprisingly easy to follow. You limit sugar to 15g/day and carbs to 120g/day. Artificial sweeteners are also to be avoided, except Stevia. The book does say "as much as possible", so it is up to each individual, I suppose. I don't know that using aspartame or sucralose would slow your weight loss. I am no expert.

So this week for dinner, I have had steak tacos with black beans on the side, shrimp with bellpeppers and jalepenos and rice, homemade pizza, etc. For breakfast, I have had homemade "egg mcmuffins", and for lunch pulled pork sandwich with hot sauce and spinach. Just some examples. Definitely not diet food. Dark chocolate, wine and lite beer are also included if you haven't used up all your carbs and sugars.

If you are in WW, you count points, if you are doing Atkins, you count carbs or some people count calories. To me, this is easier.

I haven't weighed or measured myself because I don't want to obsess over numbers. However, I did put on a pair of jeans yesterday that have been hard to button and they were more comfortable, so I am making some progress.

There aren't many active forums with people online, so I thought I would share.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-05-2010, 12:33 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to coloradowahm

I absolutely love this plan. There are so many things out there and to me this makes the most sense. In his book he explains how it's the "sugar" that is the culprit for many health problems, not the high fat/cholesterol we are led to believe causes issues. Bottom line when too much sugar is in the diet it keeps insulin levels high which prevents the body from metabolizing fat.

This eating plan is the most sensible I've seen. You don't have to limit fats as a matter of fact it's because you are eating some fats like cheese, olive oil, etc that it satisfies cravings. People are surprised at how much food they can actually eat and still lose weight. I recommend this eating plan to all of my clients as well.

As for the 4-9lbs per week, I don't have a lot of weight to lose and I lost about 5lbs the first week that I did it. I would imagine the more you have to lose the more you will lose.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to GraceLiving Send a message via Skype™ to GraceLiving
Default Bfc

I have done the BFC also and have lost 7 pounds in a week and took away that awful bloating I had but got stressed from job and moving and started bingeing and gained it back and more...my cousin who could not stick with programs has 41 pounds off...I kept track of my sugar and carbs in myfitness pal.com and made menus according to my likes pizza,tacos,protein drinks ,eggs and bacon etc.you dont have to follow his food mentions as someare hard to find depending where you live ....I just read labels then made menus of things I liked and played with numbers in my fitness pal until I got the correct sugars and carbs.........I intend to incorporate this plan again somewhat with my DietMagic as it helps with appetite control and cravings and I have done 6 days on it and no bingeing..BFC is great......and yes there are many fanpages on FB and one for women over forty.....uuugghhhh over 40..

Last edited by GraceLiving; 09-05-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to GraceLiving Send a message via Skype™ to GraceLiving
Default add

Hey Cindy did you notice our Symmetry Wow meal replacement drink is made with stevia..as Jorge recmmends Stevia it has only 5g of cabs and no sugar so it would be S/c 0/1 isnt that awesome....I just noticed to there is a kids drink called Future star drink crystals for kids has stevia also....This is awesome as my son is a big guy also and been slowly trying to change some of his habits to the bellyfat cure

Katharine
Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 AM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to coloradowahm

Hey Katharine!

Yes, after learning all I have with Jorge and the Belly Fat Cure I am very impressed that our products are made with Stevia.

Anyone who is not familiar with this program visit THEBELLYFATCURE.COM
It's really eye opening. What we have been previously told about fats/cholesterol in the past is
really not true. Sugar is the culprit!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Super WAHM

Interesting information here belly fat is a popular issue we women have to deal with.

Last edited by MommyandMe; 09-12-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Super WAHM

Default Bellyfat

It definitely is and even harder to lose after a certain age..
Old 09-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered WAHM

I had forgotten that I posted this! I am glad to see that others have had success with this plan as well. The first week I lost 5lbs, and some inches, but I didn't measure at the beginning, so I don't know how many. All I know is my pants fit better, and I put on a few that I haven't been able to wear lately. I have stalled a little because I haven't been as strict with coutning the s/c counts.

The last time I weighed myself, I had lost 7lbs. I have not weighed or taped myself since. I have drank diet coke which I am SURE has stalled me. So, I need to get back on my Zevia Root Beer!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Anyone Heard "The Truth About Abs" by Mike Geary for Stomach Fat?

I Heard "The Truth About Abs" by Mike Geary has a good ab program for men and women who want to lose stomach fat?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 AM
WAHM Regular

As was mentioned before by someone else, cutting back on/cutting out sugars/carbs keeps the pancreas from producing too much insulin.

Plexus Slim was actually created for Type 2 diabetics to level their sugars. During the clinical trials, they found that 85% of the patients lost significant weight. Also reported was lower cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure etc. It was then released for non-diabetics for weight loss. Clinical trials produced the same wonderful results.

You mix a crystal-lite-type of packet in a bottle of water and shake it. Drink it. No meal replacements, no counting calories etc. The testimonials for this product are nothing short of amazing. Most importantly, it is ALL NATURAL and 100% safe.

Happy to give more info

Also, getting your blood sugar levels in check can produce fast weight loss... I lost 9 lbs in 12 days when nothing else I tried ever worked, not even exercise.

Last edited by PlexusSlim; 04-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.

This ad will disappear if you login