Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Craft Companies & Crafters > Craft Companies & Crafters

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Titan Chains Facts

First post so I can unlock restrictions.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Titan Chains Facts

Domain titanchains.com owner is Marc Weiberg
24032 102nd PL W
Edmonds, WA 98020

If you google this address and look at the satelite map of the location and decide for yourself.
Or you can copy and paste this into your browser to go directly to the address.http://maps.google.com/maps?q=24032+102nd+Pl+W,+Edmonds,+WA+98020-5715&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x54901a79ce98b88d:0x73c694e0de899d7b, 24032+102nd+Pl+W,+Edmonds,+WA+98020&gl=us&iwloc=ly rftr:transit,0x54901a78e70e94c3:0x23a8ddaa993710f6 &ei=tBz8TbabIvCs0AGDytC1Aw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result& ct=transit-link&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQsAUwAA

Another owner listed having association with Titan Chains is Eric Weissman. You can find him at www.linkedin.com.

Washington State Department of Revnue Business Records indicates they opened an account on 02/01/2011 as TITANCRAFT LLC.

The address they give you to send back your bracelets is NOT a business address but in fact a MAILBOX because I called a business next door FEDEX to see if this company was legit. The address they give is 9792 Edmonds Way 302, Edmonds WA.

I attempted to call the number they provided 3-4 weeks ago and a message was on the machine. "Due to a family emergency we are unable to take your calls but will return such and such date"

Now....my experience with titan chains. I ordered a kit made style 1 first. They didn't turn out of course they were loose and I figured this was my first try so I'm sure they will forgive my flaws. I made style 2 which I felt turned out well and in fact they did because they passed my style 2. I sent them an email explaining style 1 was done incorrectly.

Long story short they send you a payout sheet to your email explaining any corrections, payout information etc. I waited to here from them when I sent in my lot sure they would give me a second chance on style one. After all I did show on style 2 I could not only do the bracelet but showed that I improved. Well my payout letter come to my email stating of course style 1 would not pass but style 2 did. They paid me for the entire lot plus my deposit back and asked me not to work for them anymore. Of course I was crushed because they can be quite addicting to make plus I was looking forward to making some money at home. I emailed them and asked them for a second chance. These emails were marked "Eric Weisman". He blamed his own material may be at fault for the crafters not being able to fully assemble the style 1 correctly and would get with me later when their supply company and "owners" decided what they were gonna do. (Email was from the owner). Also said they were holding a meeting to sort things out.

So I see they are still accepting orders on their website for someone who says it's the companies materials at fault for these chains not going together correctly. To me if it was such a problem wouldn't you place a "not accepting new crafters at this time" on the website? So I don't believe the website when it tells you if mistakes are made we will work with you (or something along those lines). If they are looking for perfect bracelets then I suggest they send a video demo and state on their website "Only experienced" chain assemblers. Not throw a website out there for anybody to sign up and waste their time. And be truthful about how hard they are to make. And I would say my experience with the bracelets someone could make at maximum 2 lots (16 bracelets) a week unless you NEVER put them down 24/7. I am saying this because if they are that picky to fire me over my style 1 the first time, no-one could assemble that fast and keep them the way they want them.

Note: When I finished my first Lot my husband sent it overnight (no signature required) not knowing it wasn't allowed. He didn't know but I do think they got mad about this as well because I didn't follow directions. Moody individuals again no room for mistakes. Would make you wonder if they did hire you if in the future they would just pull the plug on you.

So..they did pay.
Did return my deposit.
Fired me for one of two styles wrong the very first shipment.

The big question here is what are they up to? Time will tell. Make your own judgement.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
WAHM Regular

This is a real mixed bag of feedback on this company and how hard the bracelets are. It's good to know they paid and returned a deposit. Not so good that they fire someone over their first try.
My kit arrived yesterday and I decided to start with Style 1. I can say that I was extremely frustrated at first. The hardest part for me was getting the thing started on the tiny mandrel. Once I got it going and began to understand how it all worked, it was much easier. As wmoore said, consistency is key.
I have a couple of tips to pass on.
1. Use a light you can direct on the work, like a Testor lamp. This is quite fine work.
2. Put bandaids on your fingers where they come in consistently come in contact with the wire. Pulling the wire digs into your skin. For me, I wrapped my index finger above the first knuckle and the same place on my pinky. I ended up double wrapping my index finger.
I found the work enjoyable and a nice break from my other WAH job.
I am having difficulty getting the memory wire through the bracelet. Any suggestions?
Diane
Old 07-19-2011, 09:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Voicetress, were you working with Titanium wire? The supplies I received were surgical grade stainless steel. I was surprised since I assumed the titan in Titan Chains was due to the titanium material in their jewelry.
Diane
Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Memory Wire help

The easiest thing to do with the memory wire is :

1. Do not straighten the memory wire.
2. Curl your bracelet to resemble the circle of the memory wire in your hand.
3. If the bracelet gets stuck on the memory wire pull it back and spin the bracelet as you push the memory wire thru.

Both the bracelet and the memory wire should be in a circle shape when you push it thru. It's a two hand method and takes a little getting used to.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Registered WAHM

Yes they sent me the stainless steal wire.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Where are these bracelets being sold?

I have looked all over the internet for these bracelets. I would like to know how he is affording to pay crafters $15.00 per bracelet. Are home crafted bracelets that high in demand in today economy? If anyone contacts them to get this information or can find these bracelets at any website I would like to see it.

I don't think we are sending in the finished product. Something else is being added to these bracelets if in fact they are being sold somewhere or this is a complete scheme of some kind.

I hope no one is typing in their social security number when they sign up for this company.

I do know they are tied to that wholesale site ebay owns I can't remember the name of it but when I do I will let you all know.

And I will also post anything else that I can remember about this company.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
WAHM Regular

voicetress: titanum is a considered like a semi-precious or precious metal... with a diameter of 0.001, 0.002 or 0.003 in. a spool of 10 ft cost around $100. A spool of 10 ft. with a diameter of 0.005 in costs around $130.

I guess if you buy gross you can have it for much less... if you check on titanchains' site they seel a 400' spool for $60...

It's all a question of profit... You won't sell a silver plated wire bracelet the same price as a titanum one... the advantage of titanum is it's hypoallergenic... (hope it's the right term..)

So that's why they can pay $15 per bracelet... they probably sell them for $40 or $50 .. maybe more!!!

Just to give you an example with something else... If you look for swarovsky crystal... you'll pay between $20 to $25 for 144 crystals in a local beads store. You can make what we call a dodecahedron (like a ball) with only 30 crystals and sell it (yes only the dodecahedron) for $30.... it takes 5 minutes to make one!!! This is how the market works...
Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Default materials

i know they give you a website link to show how to make them. is it easy to follow? can anyone post a link to it so the rest of us can look and see if we can do them?

thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 12:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Has anyone gotten reviewed yet?

Just wondering if anyone has made any money off of this venture.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
update